Spence Crawford

Was a great fight. Went about exactly how I thought it would. Crawford is just so technically sound. He landed crisp and clean punches. He is a Master of the counter punch. Was surprised that he dropped Spence 3 times tho.

Spence threw a lot of punches (as expected) but not many landed. I personally don’t think Spence won a round. 

side note. Spence looked high as sh*t b4 the fight started lol…..8A9A6344-ABAC-45BF-AE87-6A72BCC47BBD.thumb.jpeg.31f17e992392846f088727395048c967.jpeg 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Tf is this about, my guy? Why would anyone click your ridiculous blind link? 

i

43 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Tf is this about, my guy? Why would anyone click your ridiculous blind link? 

I was happy to provide a link for anyone to see the fight, Putz

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, hmhertz said:

i

Maybe next time include text in your post saying what the link is, genius? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I don't get why people watch boxing. It's a half fight only hands. Sweet science sure, boxing is a great skill but thee guy get killed by even the most green mma guy. Who give a damn about any boxing. Must be generational 

I watch both boxing and ufc. Both are great combat sports. I’d say boxing Is more of an art than mma. In mma you have to be well rounded. In boxing you have to be a master technician at one technique.  It’s fun to watch 2 boxers go head to head who are both masters of that 1 technique.

7 hours ago, hmhertz said:

i

Assuming it was a link to an illegal stream, I don't think Max would want that on the site.

20 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I watch both boxing and ufc. Both are great combat sports. I’d say boxing Is more of an art than mma. In mma you have to be well rounded. In boxing you have to be a master technician at one technique.  It’s fun to watch 2 boxers go head to head who are both masters of that 1 technique.

Boxing just just has one technique. I get it alot of people love boxing but ill take a real fight over boxing every day of the week

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Boxing just just has one technique. I get it alot of people love boxing but ill take a real fight over boxing every day of the week

Trust me I know where you are coming from. I think ufc has passed boxing in popularity. Dana white does a great job of making big fights happen all the time and it feels like boxing the exact opposite happens.

But when a big boxing fight does happen it’s great. Like I said I enjoy both.

24 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Trust me I know where you are coming from. I think ufc has passed boxing in popularity. Dana white does a great job of making big fights happen all the time and it feels like boxing the exact opposite happens.

But when a big boxing fight does happen it’s great. Like I said I enjoy both.

Yeah there used to be a lot of big fights in boxing...if there was more it would help them. I'm not sure ufc has surpassed them yet but they might have

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2023 at 2:20 AM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I don't get why people watch boxing. It's a half fight only hands. Sweet science sure, boxing is a great skill but thee guy get killed by even the most green mma guy. Who give a damn about any boxing. Must be generational 

For the same reason people watch judo, wrestling, jiu jitsu, kickboxing and muay thai. People train it and/or genuinely love it as a martial art and enjoy watching the best compete in it.

On 7/30/2023 at 10:34 AM, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Trust me I know where you are coming from. I think ufc has passed boxing in popularity.

It's a sport that is in a very tough spot. Boxing's use for MMA has dwindled. In previous eras the two primary martial arts for MMA that you absolutely could not be lacking were boxing and jiu jitsu, and if you had both that could get you by. Now? It's wrestling and muay thai, and if you're a blue belt in jiu jitsu that's more than enough to get you by. I.e. I'm a Nogueira junkie but he would get absolutely starched in today's game.

Even for the majority of young people that want to train just one combat sport, for either competition or just to get in shape, are going more towards muay thai and jiu jitsu. Everyone in MMA has a primary style but the boxing-dominant fighters are few and far between now, only a small handful left (Poirier, Conor, Strickland...etc).

That said let's not kid ourselves, MMA is as close as it gets to a real fight but the current dominant style is completely dependent on the fact that there's a cage to press up against. You watch MMA in Japan and the ring negates a whole lot of this Dagestani sh*t.

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2023 at 12:42 AM, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Was a great fight. Went about exactly how I thought it would. Crawford is just so technically sound. He landed crisp and clean punches. He is a Master of the counter punch. Was surprised that he dropped Spence 3 times tho.

Spence threw a lot of punches (as expected) but not many landed. I personally don’t think Spence won a round. 

side note. Spence looked high as sh*t b4 the fight started lol…..8A9A6344-ABAC-45BF-AE87-6A72BCC47BBD.thumb.jpeg.31f17e992392846f088727395048c967.jpeg 

I was watching the fight with a few friends and one of them goes “Spence looks so high I don’t even think he knows he has a fight right now” lol. Crawford on the other hand was unbelievable what a boxer. 

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

For the same reason people watch judo, wrestling, jiu jitsu, kickboxing and muay thai. People train it and/or genuinely love it as a martial art and enjoy watching the best compete in it.

I get that but boxing is much bigger than guys who box watch it. It legit the number one sport for a while at least pay per view. International sport. Those other is really just watched as you described, people in that world. Boxing is not like jits kick+boxing etc

Boxing is watched by all kinds of at least it was, maybe not any more ..I just don't see it as nearly as interesting. Like the may weather mc Gregor fight I watched. McGregor went like 7 rounds and even got the better of one of the greatest ever to do it, never training just boxing.

McGregor would kill that guy ina real fight, I really didn't like it. But some love it.

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I get that but boxing is much bigger than guys who box watch it. It legit the number one sport for a while at least pay per view. International sport. Those other is really just watched as you described, people in that world. Boxing is not like jits kick+boxing etc

Boxing is watched by all kinds of at least it was, maybe not any more ..I just don't see it as nearly as interesting. Like the may weather mc Gregor fight I watched. McGregor went like 7 rounds and even got the better of one of the greatest ever to do it, never training just boxing.

McGregor would kill that guy ina real fight, I really didn't like it. But some love it.

Sounds like you’re taking all of this a bit too seriously my dude. People watched that for the same reason people will watch Nate fight Jake Paul this weekend, curiosity and fun.