Bryce Young...

5 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Panthers have said they're starting him against the Jets Saturday night...good idea or not a good idea?  I wonder how many of our staring D we'll throw at him this game?

Even the non starters deep bench are dangerous this season.   They don’t rely on the gimmicks teams hold back during preseason.  It might be fun.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Panthers have said they're starting him against the Jets Saturday night...good idea or not a good idea?  I wonder how many of our staring D we'll throw at him this game?

Don't care, not a Panthers Fan.  

It'll be fun to see his first game action, see if he looks like he might be anything in this league as the smallest QB in NFL history (lol, kidding, but not by much).

Personally, I think Coaches are too fearful of preseason injury, and that sitting everyone all preseason leads to teams being obviously unready to play come opening day.  I won't be shocked at all if AR doesn't play a snap this preseason, then puts out a stinker (for him) week 1 on Monday night.

As with all things, there is a cost to any choice.  You risk injury (for a few series), vs. you get a guy ready to play real games.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

it's interesting, isn't the thing that in the preseason teams don't blitz or show exotic looks? the jets just come after you with the DL....i think Young is going to see some preassure.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It'll be fun to see his first game action, see if he looks like he might be anything in this league as the smallest QB in NFL history (lol, kidding, but not by much).

Personally, I think Coaches are too fearful of preseason injury, and that sitting everyone all preseason leads to teams being obviously unready to play come opening day.  I won't be shocked at all if AR doesn't play a snap this preseason, then puts out a stinker (for him) week 1 on Monday night.

As with all things, there is a cost to any choice.  You risk injury (for a few series), vs. you get a guy ready to play real games.

Don't care, but you sure as hell responded enough for just about all I care about and I'm not a Panthers fan either...lol.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

All good points, but thankfully most NFL teams don't play their starters during preseason, so pretty much every team will be more or less unprepared for opening day.

Rex Ryan put an end to starters playing by inserting Nacho onto the 4th qtr of our Snoopy Bowl!

• Upvote 1