Convince me that Penny or Ramsey should start

TaborJet

I'm not sold on these two. Penny's practically shot. Ramsey is a retread that Washington gave us for next to nothing. Ramsey is here for what, one year? To do what, exactly? I think to groom a new QB. Why would Washington give him up for a song?

All this BS about D'Brick and Super Mario. Why am I reading about D'brick not being a strong run blocker? A #4 overall pick should be able run block and pass block. And Mario isn't well suited for the 3-4? Is that true? Again, not worth a #4 overall.

Some say we can get by with the Penny/Ramsey combo this year, and get a QB in next year's draft. What makes you think we can draft a top QB next year? we will have to go 2-14 to insure a top pick, and I see us going 6-10 or 7-9 at minimum. That only gets us a pick around 12 or later.

I just feel that it's Mangini's first year, and he wants to put his mark on the team. He'll pull off a deal to grab Leinart without giving up our other first rounder, so we can take Mangold and shore up our O-line. Penny and Ramsey are backup QBs, and Bolly may get the axe(sorry Jetstone).

My two cents, anyway.

I'm not sold on these two. Penny's practically shot. Ramsey is a retread that Washington gave us for next to nothing. Ramsey is here for what, one year? To do what, exactly? I think to groom a new QB. Why would Washington give him up for a song?

All this BS about D'Brick and Super Mario. Why am I reading about D'brick not being a strong run blocker? A #4 overall pick should be able run block and pass block. And Mario isn't well suited for the 3-4? Is that true? Again, not worth a #4 overall.

Some say we can get by with the Penny/Ramsey combo this year, and get a QB in next year's draft. What makes you think we can draft a top QB next year? we will have to go 2-14 to insure a top pick, and I see us going 6-10 or 7-9 at minimum. That only gets us a pick around 12 or later.

I just feel that it's Mangini's first year, and he wants to put his mark on the team. He'll pull off a deal to grab Leinart without giving up our other first rounder, so we can take Mangold and shore up our O-line. Penny and Ramsey are backup QBs, and Bolly may get the axe(sorry Jetstone).

My two cents, anyway.

Pennington and Ramsey suck. Especially if we won't get them any good receivers/running backs. I'm sorry.

i cannot agree any more. Penningfag and Ramsme both blow and everybody knows this. okay, so P.fag gave us a few good seasons but now hes torn his rotator cuff twice and hes washed up. ramsey, is he a legit replacement? NO WAY. why would they give him up for close to nothing.....nobody wants him. so, with the fourth overall pick of the draft, the jets should select either Leinart orCutler and lets move foraward. give MAngini a chance to do something in his first year other than weep in week 4 when Penningwussy goes down again with a bruised right ovary etc. and Ramsme comes in and finishes screwing up the jets season. should we wait till next year to draft a QB. no way. then we are hoping to finish like 4-12 or worse to get a good pick when we can grab one of the better QBs now. sure, high draft QBs are a high risk, but what about the reward? nobody is considering this. say we do draft ML and he grooms behind Penningqueer for 1 year, comes in next year and explodesour offense. he def. coould. i would hate to pass him up, or cutler, to see them with another team sitting at 13-3 in the playoffs and the jets with DBRICK, who cant run block, dropping Penny into shotgun cuz DBRICK is solid in pass protection, and Penny getting crushed time after time. LETS TAKE LEINART, even if we have 2 trade up

My two cents, anyway.

the smart thing to do is keep bolly and cut noodle arm after june 1st.

CONVINCE ME THAT PENNY OR RAMSEY SHOULD START

Ok, here goes...well.....uhhh.......hmmm....the....basically.......uhhhh......

I admit defeat. There is no way on God's green earth either of these two should be starting anywhere outside of the arena league.

Also, there is no qb worth drafting this year.

Who does that leave?

Ladies and gentlemen, in the green corner, weighing 205 pounds, from Grand Forks, North Dakota...(thundering applause)...a Rose and Alamo Bowl winner, with 3 NFL wins under his belt and a 300+ yard passing performance against the Dolphins, the people's champion....here he is (deafening cheers) Brooks "Bollywood" Bollingeeeeeer.......

Let's get ready to scramble.....

D'Brick, plz. Peaceout!

How about we wait till august for these discussions. No one has even thrown a pass. We have no idea if Penny can even throw and Ramsey never even got a chance last year. We have a new coach and a ne offensive system. We need to rebuild the OL. Trade down and et the extra picks, Get a LT OG and a center. BUild the foundation with a caretaker QB and get a better one when your D and OL are set. If penny is suddenly the next reincarnation of TOmmy John, or Ramsey actually turns into something with an O line protecting him and an O Coordinator who will actually tutor him, we get a bonus.

Great QB's generally dont win SB's, Great D's and O lines do. It aint sexy but its true.

There is no need for us to convince you, let the QBs do it.

Chad's only problem has been his health, at full health he has led this team to a good amount of wins, comebacks and playoffs.

To me, if Chad is healthy (big IF I know) we go with him. Patrick is the back up and Brooks carries Jetstone's jock.

This year, build out the offensive line, the defensive lines and we will win games, no matter who is under center (2005 Bears anyone?)

BZ

Ladies and gentlemen, in the green corner, weighing 205 pounds, from Grand Forks, North Dakota...(thundering applause)...a Rose and Alamo Bowl winner, with 3 NFL wins under his belt and a 300+ yard passing performance against the Dolphins, the people's champion....here he is (deafening cheers) Brooks "Bollywood" Bollingeeeeeer.......

Why do I picture this introduction not in a boxing ring, but rather on the Muppet Show by Kermit the Frog.

"Here he is - our very special guest star....BOLLY!!! YAAAAaaaaayyyyyy!!!!" <flails arms as exits off stage>

kermit3.gif

I had much more confidence in the penny / feidler combo going into last year than I do penny/ramsey this year.(mainly due to penny's ?) having said that I think ramsey can hold the fort for a mediocre season this year while mangini attempts to assemble an o line & a solid defense.

my priorities would not be qb or rb this draft. no qb in this yrs draft impresses me enough to risk the financial future of the franchise.

I had much more confidence in the penny / feidler combo going into last year than I do penny/ramsey this year.(mainly due to penny's ?) having said that I think ramsey can hold the fort for a mediocre season this year while mangini attempts to assemble an o line & a solid defense.

my priorities would not be qb or rb this draft. no qb in this yrs draft impresses me enough to risk the financial future of the franchise.

Don't forget C. Whitehurst should be available with our 3rd round compensatory pick and thus would not break the bank. He could be the next Matt Schaub!;)

Archived