MIKE MAYOCK says....

spjets

in his opinion LENDALE WHITE will slide to the 2nd round , because of his work ethic.....

LOL...I just find this entire thing funny as all hell...long thread started by GJH on how this lazy kid is born to run...at the end of the day, some of us may know a little more about 40 times and crap like that, but you know what, we're all in the same boat on predicting how players will turn out and how they'll draft.

I really feel that most educated fans know which players will be decent. Look back to all those drafts that Jet fans were screaming for a player that we didnt' pick that turned out to be good or great. I'm telling you this. For a player that didn't run at the combine, didn't run at his own pro day, who claims he pulled a hammy on a piece exercise equipment, who almost let the kicker on his team lift more then he did he deserves to drop down to at the very least the second round. Which I still wouldn't take. Maybe the third. He has head case written all over him. We don't need a guy like this on our team. He has the possibility to make millions of dollars and if that can't motivate him. Nothing will. Just say no to White!!!!

I agree.

I want no part of White, even with our second rounder.

The fact that he thought so little of his workouts scared the crap outta me. I don't know if its ego or him listening to the wrong people,but the fact that he came into this thing so out of shape should rightfully drop him. That said,I think his attitude can be fixed by a no nonsense coach who will beat the living $hit out of him to get him where he needs to be.

I'd definitely still take him at #35 and maybe at #29 if Bobby Carpenter is off the board. Its funny,a guy like Herm is always talked about by non jet fans as "a coach who could potentially handle headcases",and yet,if he were still the coach and not Mangini,I would be right there with you dropping White from my board.

I agree.

I want no part of White, even with our second rounder.

Your Crazy dude ,he won't fall to the second round . You must be Chasin' Rainbows Man ,But at the end of that rainbow is the pot of White gold Brother.And I want it.Cmart is old now,Blaylock just sucks ,houston will be injured running into holes that don't exsist (recklessy).And in this draft we need some offense from some where.

Your Crazy dude ,he won't fall to the second round . You must be Chasin' Rainbows Man ,But at the end of that rainbow is the pot of White gold Brother.And I want it.Cmart is old now,Blaylock just sucks ,houston will be injured running into holes that don't exsist (recklessy).And in this draft we need some offense from some where.

Where did I say we don't need a running back?

I would love to draft DeAngelo Williams or Laurence Maroney if they slip to 29. However, I wouldn't touch Papa Cass with a ten foot poll.

Archived