Zach Wilson's five interceptions

AFJF

To me,Zach has improved. We aren’t seeing 5-10 yard passes that are dirted, running out of the pocket towards his own goal line, or a complete lack of using check downs.  He just seems calmer in the pocket. And the analysts have, in fact, pointed out the latter improvement. 
is he a good qb at this time?  No, he is not. However, he *has* gotten better over his first 2 years.
So why is it unreasonable to believe that he will continue to improve?  

What gets me about the naysayers is that they ignore any evidence of improvement , but dissect every incompletion with a fine tooth comb. In the game when Zach went 28-39, one of  the posters literally went over every one of the incompletions in detail. All 11 of them.  Nothing whatsoever about the 28 completions.  I guess that they were all circus catches. 

In my opinion, in the last 3 games, Zach has played better than Mahomes, Russel Wilson, and Hurts.  Note that I am not saying that Zach is better than those QBs before you start distorting my point. 

If Zach had not shown any improvement in the areas I mentioned above, I would agree that it is time to move on from him. Is he a finished product?  No, he is not. But, he is already a serviceable backup and I see signs that he can possibly be more than that.   Notice that I did not say “definitely.”   But to me, this is not a black or white situation. It is more charcoal gray. 
Can you imagine the fury that would have emanated from the anti-Zach crew if *Zach* had cost us this game by throwing off his back foot into double coverage the way that Hurts did?

Some people are simply glass half empty individuals. 

7 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

look, king nitwit liked your reply, good work, you should feel really really good about that. congrats

It was an easy question, you said there are plenty of things he could improve, all I asked was what.  

Being unable or unwilling to answer such a basic and simple question, on a football message board for talking football, is just weird.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It was an easy question, you said there are plenty of things he could improve, all I asked was what.  

Being unable or unwilling to answer such a basic and simple question, on a football message board for talking football, is just weird.  

who the f do you think you are? I don't have to answer anything you ask pal, you are a fool, I have zero respect for you, you do analysis by emotion, unwilling is not unalbe, I ow you nothing nitwit

• More Ugh 1

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thinking that 0 TDs, 0 INTs is actually a good QB statline in the NFL in 2023 is even wilder.

I just went over every turnover and getting turnovers is great and all but WASTING the opportunities that they present is Zach Wilson's biggest failure 2 TDs and 1 FG is pathetic not to mention the little done after fumble recoveries is just as bad

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

who the f do you think you are? I don't have to answer anything you ask pal, you are a fool, I have zero respect for you, you do analysis by emotion, unwilling is not unalbe, I ow you nothing nitwit

It's funny how often you guys post anti-social insanity like this over being asked the most basic, simple questions about football on a football message board.

We're here talking football.  "Who I think I am" is a poster on that board talking basic football.

Get help mate.  Seriously.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

this from a guy who has an avatar with Jesus in it. See what I mean about what has happened to this once-great message board?

• Post of the Week 1

On 10/16/2023 at 9:30 AM, 32EBoozer said:

animation physics GIF

Ying to the Yang…. Good with the Bad…. In truth, we were all asking Zach to be a game manager last season. Now we’re asking him to make big plays in the RZ. That’s evidence of improvement.

Looking forward to him taking the next step now that the schedule is softening.

Wilson is not a game manager.  He has too much arm talent and overall athletic ability to be boxed in as a game manager.  Wilson was a project QB with massive upside.  Problem is, the Jets CS and GM insisted on starting him without any of needed training taking place first.  He should have been on the bench behind a crusty vet his first year.  And that alone is not good enough.  He had to have also been properly coached/taught while he was sitting.

For Wilson, the lessons all had to come the hard way.  The very good news is that he was not totally wrecked.  He seems to have his head together now despite being mishandled. 

Hopefully, he'll keep up with the basics until they become second nature.  If he keeps improving, eventually, he'll be able to start adding lots of flair and arm talent to his game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It's funny how often you guys post anti-social insanity like this over being asked the most basic, simple questions about football on a football message board.

We're here talking football.  "Who I think I am" is a poster on that board talking basic football.

Get help mate.  Seriously.  

yeah, Im the one who needs help, lol, you have thrown a 4 year hissy fit becuase you didnt get your way on draft day with ZW and have made 10k posts bashing a kid, but Im the one who needs help, can't make this sh*t up, equivelent to JF80 licking Minshews nuts while claiming he is some QB guru.

I laugh at you, you think you have some wise knowledge that nobody else has, you don't, you don't know sh*t, you are a message board poster like everyone else. I will reply to who I want to, when i want to, you don't dictate how I post becuase  you are on year 4 of a toddler esque melt down, lol

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

yeah, Im the one who needs help, lol, you have thrown a 4 year hissy fit

Why limit it to year 4.  I was critical of Sanchez, Geno and Darnold the same way, and using the same methodologies, that I am with Wilson.  

In every case I was proven correct, and I'm confidant I will be again with Wilson.

8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

but Im the one who needs help

When your reply to "what can Zach improve on?" is "who the f do you think you are? I don't have to answer anything you ask pal, you are a fool, I have zero respect for you", then yes, you need help.  

Regardless, I think we've reached an impasse here, so I'm happy enough to just toss you ignore again for a while.  Be well, I look forward to you continuing to quote me despite (or especially because) I won't see it.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If the Eagles pull the game out yesterday, Zach Wilson is getting absolutely buried today and the conversation is all about benching him during the BYE. 

Since they didn't pull the game out, isn't it time to give Zach at least some slight bit of begrudging credit? 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why limit it to year 4.  I was critical of Sanchez, Geno and Darnold the same way, and using the same methodologies, that I am with Wilson.  

In every case I was proven correct, and I'm confidant I will be again with Wilson.

When your reply to "what can Zach improve on?" is "who the f do you think you are? I don't have to answer anything you ask pal, you are a fool, I have zero respect for you", then yes, you need help.  

Regardless, I think we've reached an impasse here, so I'm happy enough to just toss you ignore again for a while.  Be well, I look forward to you continuing to quote me despite (or especially because) I won't see it.  

your not right about jack sh*t, youre a jets fan, we all know the Jets are going to fail at the QB position, they are group failures, not individual failures, organizational failures, that you direct at the player instead of the sh*t organization, you don't know anytinng yet have an ego like the other clowns here.

Let me let you in on a secret, I don't care about your, or anyones respect on this board, its a message board for crying out loud, get a grip clown.

awesome, ignore me, your a clown

• More Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, Fabian80 said:

Football is played on the field not box score.  Zach is already better than Pat Mahomes and Jalen Hurts

All the Zach Truthers are now here at JN because Jake keeps sending them all to the Shadow Realm and Clown Town-most of these "so-called" Jets fans haven't seen 1 game played before 2021

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

All the Zach Truthers are now here at JN because Jake keeps sending them all to the Shadow Realm and Clown Town-most of these "so-called" Jets fans haven't seen 1 game played before 2021

Can you speak English?  We are in America it’s our official language 

• More Ugh 1