Zach Wilson's five interceptions

AFJF

He’s had at least 2 dropped ints so far this season but yeah that’s about his only saving grace so far.  Would like to see him start taking more chances and pushing the ball down the field.  Trust his receivers and give them a chance to make a play - or try throwing them open.  Offense needs points.  Our defense can handle a turnover or two if we score TDs.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Two of the three interceptions in the Dallas game were really bad throws/decisions, IIRC. One was an overthrow on a screen, and the other one he was rolling right and threw right at a defender. Yes, by then the situation was desperate, but those were still bad throws.

ZW is clearly improved a lot from last year, but he still has a long way to go to be "good," and he might never get there. He's moved a lot closer to being a decent "game manager" type, FWIW.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Crazy to think the kid has thrown five picks this season and only one (the first one) was a legitimately bad decision (Milano) in week 1.  

Threw three against Dallas chucking the ball up there trailing by fifty late in the fourth quarter and one last week that went through Garrett Wilson's hands and was caught by the DB squeezing the ball between his knees.

The one to Wilson is his only one in his last 134 pass attempts.

Shhh.   Don't tell anyone that's not the narrative

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

People were going crazy about the 3 INTs against Dallas but that game was in a desperate situation (down 3 scores in the 4Q to a great defense playing at the top of its game).

By people you mean SOJFs and other haters, right, because the rest of us understand.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

The have done a good job eliminating the killer mistake. 

Along with the throw out of bounds that were getting interecepted

The one hopper on bubble screens. 

The twirly spin away and look like Fran Tarkenton scrabmbles

Gotta fix the Red zone though

The red zone is a big one. Hopefully they will focus on that during the bye week. He still has issues with holding the ball and subsequently not seeing the field well. Hopefully that will improve. He is at least semi-functional now. Which is quite the improvement from last year’s horror show leading to his benching.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Same Old Jets said:

Okay, I know you are like a human library, so are these numbers real? LOL, I mean, he did improve right? 

Somewhat tongue in cheek but yeah, its improvement that doesn't move the needle in a significant way is what I'm saying.  He's not a professional QB.  Not when Desmond Ridder has had a 329-yard game and Joshua Dobbs has thrown for more TDs and less INTs on the season.

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Somewhat tongue in cheek but yeah, its improvement that doesn't move the needle in a significant way is what I'm saying.  He's not a professional QB.  Not when Desmond Ridder has had a 329-yard game and Joshua Dobbs has thrown for more TDs and less INTs on the season.

I still think that he hesitates and stalls, but with more time he will overcome his fears. I am just saying, we have quit on all the recent drafted QBs (Sanchez, Smith, Darnold) except Pennington due to injuries. We should have just a little bit more patience, ride this year and allow us to see his final numbers under this regime. 

• Upvote 3

Zach has definitely improved from last year and part of that probably comes from just being around Arron Rodgers all summer.

Zach still has thrown for more INT’s that TD’s and the lowest completion percentage (and one of the lowest QB ratings in the league). His accuracy is better but not great. I feel he can safely throw the ball out of bounds this year, which is something he couldn’t always successfully do last year. Baby steps.

But our defense is dominating and very respected around the league. Our D is the real difference maker (even with the injuries in our secondary).

With a healthy Aaron Rodgers we were definitely going to be a playoff team this year. With a healthy Zach who is playing better that last year (but still not putting up any amazing passing stats yet), we could still get into the playoffs this year . . . if Zach doesn’t cost us games like he did last year.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

I still think that he hesitates and stalls, but with more time he will overcome his fears. I am just saying, we have quit on all the recent drafted QBs (Sanchez, Smith, Darnold) except Pennington due to injuries. We should have just a little bit more patience, ride this year and allow us to see his final numbers under this regime. 

Sanchez bounced to 4 different teams post-Jets and was out of the league by the age of 28.  Couldn't beat out current Jets QB3 Trevor Siemian for the QB1 job in Denver and that was it for him.

Sam Darnold is on his 3rd team already and is decidedly a QB2 right now.

Geno Smith took 9.5 years to become....average.

Oh, and all 3 of these guys were better than Zach has been at the same point in their careers.

Not to mention complete washout guys like Hackenberg, Bryce Petty, Captain Morgan, etc.

Color me unconcerned about quitting on a QB too early.  Our bigger problem has been not quitting on them soon enough.  Like when we handed Sanchez a completely unnecessary extension or when we passed on Mahomes/Watson because of the presence of Hackenberg.

Our "patience" with young QBs has been glacial for NFL standards.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

He’s had at least 2 dropped ints so far this season but yeah that’s about his only saving grace so far.  Would like to see him start taking more chances and pushing the ball down the field.  Trust his receivers and give them a chance to make a play - or try throwing them open.  Offense needs points.  Our defense can handle a turnover or two if we score TDs.

Where have you been?

The throw to G Wilson that Samuel intercepted was exactly that.   It went thru Garrett’s hands to Samuel.  He has been throwing 50/50 balls to Wilson the past 2 wks.   Garrett hasn’t come down with them, possibly bc he is injured.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

Zach has definitely improved from last year and part of that probably comes from just being around Arron Rodgers all summer.

Zach still has thrown for more INT’s that TD’s and the lowest completion percentage (and one of the lowest QB ratings in the league). His accuracy is better but not great. I feel he can safely throw the ball out of bounds this year, which is something he couldn’t always successfully do last year. Baby steps.

But our defense is dominating and very respected around the league. Our D is the real difference maker (even with the injuries in our secondary).

With a healthy Aaron Rodgers we were definitely going to be a playoff team this year. With a healthy Zach who is playing better that last year (but still not putting up any amazing passing stats yet), we could still get into the playoffs this year . . . if Zach doesn’t cost us games like he did last year.

Nicely done and with an impartial point of view. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sanchez bounced to 4 different teams post-Jets and was out of the league by the age of 28.  Couldn't beat out current Jets QB3 Trevor Siemian for the QB1 job in Denver and that was it for him.

Sam Darnold is on his 3rd team already and is decidedly a QB2 right now.

Geno Smith took 9.5 years to become....average.

Oh, and all 3 of these guys were better than Zach has been at the same point in their careers.

Not to mention complete washout guys like Hackenberg, Bryce Petty, Captain Morgan, etc.

Color me unconcerned about quitting on a QB too early.  Our bigger problem has been not quitting on them soon enough.  Like when we handed Sanchez a completely unnecessary extension or when we passed on Mahomes/Watson because of the presence of Hackenberg.

Our "patience" with young QBs has been glacial for NFL standards.

Let's add a couple of details:

1. Zach Wilson should have been red-shirted in year one

2. Two OCs in the last 3 years

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've seen enough horrid Jets QB play for a lifetime, only to be gaslit on JN every year that the QB play was actually "good enough". 

I'll enjoy everything else but the QB play, thanks.

We just witnessed the best Jet victory since Fitz to Decker vs. the Pats nearly 8 years ago.  But let's keep dragging Wilson?  I can't even tell if this is 4D trolling or if this is how people really feel anymore....

• Sympathy 1