Fins cake schedule

SoFlaJets

Dolphins | Opponents in 2006 had a losing record in 2005

Thu, 6 Apr 2006 22:42:20 -0700

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the combined 2005 record of the Miami Dolphins' opponents this season is 120-136, with only five (New England, Indianapolis, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Jacksonville) coming off playoff appearances.

Dolphins | Opponents in 2006 had a losing record in 2005

Thu, 6 Apr 2006 22:42:20 -0700

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the combined 2005 record of the Miami Dolphins' opponents this season is 120-136, with only five (New England, Indianapolis, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Jacksonville) coming off playoff appearances.

Doesn't mean crap.

Doesn't mean crap.

Especially in the AFC East.

As much as I think people declaring 4-12 for the NYJ is ridiculous (I see a much better record than that)...those idiots putting the Fish @11-5 are just as insane.

This very well could be a typical 9-7, 10-6 year for the division champ with the rest not that far behind.

All of the sudden, Fish fans have become JETS fans, spewing delusions of grandeur.

Especially in the AFC East.

As much as I think people declaring 4-12 for the NYJ is ridiculous (I see a much better record than that)...those idiots putting the Fish @11-5 are just as insane.

This very well could be a typical 9-7, 10-6 year for the division champ with the rest not that far behind.

All of the sudden, Fish fans have become JETS fans, spewing delusions of grandeur.

I don't think saying the Fish will go 11-5 is such an insane prediction. Especially for a team that just went 9-7. The Pats are having a brutal off-season, Bills are the Bills and who knows what the Jets will be.

It all depends on when Culpeper comes back. If he's the opening day starter they're probably going 10-6 at least. Very latest Culpeper comes back is week 5 or 6, if that's the case they're 7-9.

Not really. A 6 game winning streak to end the season along with some key improvements in the offseason is no reason to believe the Dolphins could not win 2 more games than they won last year. Those are not visions of grandeur. With the coaching staff that we have it is very possible for Miami to be 11-5 this year. Could we lose ground? Parcells always does his 2nd year, so, it wouldn't be the first time.

Not really. A 6 game winning streak to end the season along with some key improvements in the offseason is no reason to believe the Dolphins could not win 2 more games than they won last year. Those are not visions of grandeur. With the coaching staff that we have it is very possible for Miami to be 11-5 this year. Could we lose ground? Parcells always does his 2nd year, so, it wouldn't be the first time.

So, you're saying that Saban is now Parcells? Listen, your last five games will dictate your entire season. Playing the Bills in Buffalo in December has never been a cake walk for the fins no matter who was the coach. Couple that with the Jags, Pats, Colts and even the big bad Jets who play you guys tough no matter what kind of team we have. See you in December!

So, you're saying that Saban is now Parcells?

No, I'm saying that I hope he is not Parcells;)

Playing the Bills in Buffalo in December has never been a cake walk for the fins no matter who was the coach.

I agree, but this team is pretty bad this year. My guess is they'll be the doormat. An advantage that we have is that Mularkey is our offensive coordinator, so, it helps to coach against them as he knows a lot of their defensive capabilities.

even the big bad Jets who play you guys tough no matter what kind of team we have.

Yeah, you guys have got to cut that crap out. LOL.

No, I'm saying that I hope he is not Parcells;)

I agree, but this team is pretty bad this year. My guess is they'll be the doormat. An advantage that we have is that Mularkey is our offensive coordinator, so, it helps to coach against them as he knows a lot of their defensive capabilities.

Yeah, you guys have got to cut that crap out. LOL.

Dave, you're the kind of fin fan I don't mind discussing football with...so far...:cool:

It would not surprise me if when the schedule came out yesterday

that every fan of a team that had the Jets on the schedule

wrote that down as a win for their team.

I think that the AFC East at this point in time is weaker than

its been in a long time. You could say Miami is slightly better because

of the way it ended up last year but every year is different.

While there is little difference in team's schedule among divion rivals, there is a slight diference for the Phins. Gone are the last place games. Gone are the low expectations. Par$ells usually had a down second year because his team could no longer surprise the opponents.

I do not think the Phins fall back to 4 wins, but if they can maintain 8 or 9 wins, that will be a good season for them.

Let's not forget, the Phins barely beat a Patriots' team that had nothing to play for, rested most of their starters and started a rookie QB that threw all of 17 passes in college.

In 97 the Tuna took the 1-16 Jets to 9-7 and just missed the playoffs! The 96

record of the Teams we played in 97 were as follows..

Seahawks 7-9

Bills 6-10(Their 97 record was 10-6)

Pats 11-5

Bengals 8-8

Colts 9-7

Fins 9-7

Ravens 4-12

Bears 7-9

Vikings 9-7

Bucs 6-10( 97 record was 10-6)

Lions 9-7( We should have won that Game but Tuna made some dumb moves)

Now I'm not saying Mangini is Tuna but I think the core of this Team is better by far then the 1-15 Team that Tuna took over! Plus Tuna had Neil O'Donell who he hated as his QB in 97..I think this 06 Jet Team will suprise alot of you! And God knows I don't drink the Green Koolaid!;)

Now I'm not saying Mangini is Tuna but I think the core of this Team is better by far then the 1-15 Team that Tuna took over! Plus Tuna had Neil O'Donell who he hated as his QB in 97..I think this 06 Jet Team will suprise alot of you! And God knows I don't drink the Green Koolaid!;)

I agree.

The 06 Jets will surprise if they go 7-9,8-8. IMO, Culpepper is overrated and susceptible to lots and lots of fumbles...escpecially in a much tougher division than he's used to. His knee problems wont help either. He'll be lucky if he plays a full 16. Belichick will have no mercy on Culpepper's ill-equipped brain.

How has the off season treated the Dolphind defense?

I think Magini is a smart hire, but I question most of the assistants that he has hired. Most of them do not have a lot of NFL experience. Why would someone do that? Is it because he is young himself and does not want to be questioned by a veteran coaching staff? The learning curve will be great.

And come on ... Culpepper's stats speak for themselves. His fumbling can be improved on with technique. That I am not that concerned about.

I think Magini is a smart hire, but I question most of the assistants that he has hired. Most of them do not have a lot of NFL experience. Why would someone do that? Is it because he is young himself and does not want to be questioned by a veteran coaching staff? The learning curve will be great.

And come on ... Culpepper's stats speak for themselves. His fumbling can be improved on with technique. That I am not that concerned about.

I will admit that Culpepper's completion percentage surprised me.

His overall body of work post-Moss? eh.

I am just not a believer. My guess is he plays 11-12 games and the Phins go .500 or a touch better or worse. Not exactly a going-out-on-a-limb prediction for any team in the division.

Shadetree is right-I believe this is going to be a year a lot like 2002 when all 4 AFCE teams are jumbled up around .500 going into the 2nd half of December and how each team plays against each other will determine who is the champ-I see an 8-8 year possibly and if we get a break or two 9-7

In 97 the Tuna took the 1-16 Jets to 9-7 and just missed the playoffs! The 96

record of the Teams we played in 97 were as follows..

Seahawks 7-9

Bills 6-10(Their 97 record was 10-6)

Pats 11-5

Bengals 8-8

Colts 9-7

Fins 9-7

Ravens 4-12

Bears 7-9

Vikings 9-7

Bucs 6-10( 97 record was 10-6)

Lions 9-7( We should have won that Game but Tuna made some dumb moves)

It's possible, but we'll need a big year out of Curtis :D

It's possible, but we'll need a big year out of Curtis :D

Well maybe he can equal his 3.5 from the 98 East Championship Season or his 3.6 of his 96 Pat season when they made the Bowl?? Nah..He who Farts Dust will sit on the Bench and count his Money!!:yahoo:

As much as I hate the Dolphins I have to admit they are on the right track. They improved a lot last season and now they have Daunte Culpeper. All reports indicate he is ahead of schedule with his physical rehabilitation and now the judge dismissed those silly sex boat charges. I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing in Week 1.

Archived