Jets sign pro bowl guard

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Watch him snuff out Q last year

I mean, we are talking about one of the best interior D tackles in the NFL, one on one with a guard. If you notice this season, Q is being double teamed by many teams since the Jets typically only rush 4. This has opened it up for our ends to be more impactful and Q’s stats are down.

Showing one play of Saffold getting beat by Q, isn’t fair to Saffold. Q had 2 sacks in that game and 3 tackles. It’s not like he beat him every time. Saffold has played in a lot of NFL games. Bringing in a guy like him, where many teams have been decimated by O-line injuries, is fine by me. We get Tippman back soon and hopefully we can have some kind of continuity. 

I think this was a move we had to make. WRs are available all over the place and the way the team is currently constructed, the RBs and TEs, along with Garrett Wilson, will be getting most of the touches. Trading for a better WR, at this point, makes very little sense with Zach as our QB. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I’ll get hate for this but this guy couldn’t be any more washed up. He is not good anymore and will be hurt before the year ends 

Saffold was elected to the pro bowl last season. 1058 snaps and 2 sacks allowed (both to Quinnen Williams) Hasn’t been injured since 2015 and knows our system since he came from Tennessee. But you obviously seem to know more. So many clueless GMs on these boards. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Saffold was elected to the pro bowl last season. 1058 snaps and 2 sacks allowed (both to Quinnen Williams) Hasn’t been injured since 2015 and knows our system since he came from Tennessee. But you obviously seem to know more. So many clueless GMs on these boards. 

I’ll be happy to admit I’m wrong on this one but I’ve watched enough titans games to know he’s not very good 

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

I’ll be happy to admit I’m wrong on this one but I’ve watched enough titans games to know he’s not very good 

So, Saffold played Guard for the Titans from 2019-2021. He was in the pro bowl in 2021. During his 3 years with the Titans, Derrick Henry played in 39 games. Had 4,500 yards rushing and 43 TDs. Keith Carter, the Jets Offensive Line Coach, was his coach in Tennessee. I think I will trust the coach and some pretty good stats by the RB. In addition, the Titans made the playoffs all 3 seasons he was there, including the championship game in 2019.

Then he made the pro bowl with the Bills last year, the team that won the AFC East. Where he gave up 2 sacks in over 1,000 snaps. 

A guy that hasnt been injury prone, has many years in the league, including 2 pro bowls in the past 2 years, I will accept him as a guy that could fill in nicely. Considering we paid nothing for him, I would think this is a good pickup. No way to know, but considering there are very few offensive lineman available in the open market, I am pretty happy we found a guy with experience and success.

But you must know more.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2023 at 10:12 PM, JETS SB said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂 man who saw this coming 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1