No, Curses are not real, but this is just crazy

AFJF

12 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Only 2 ways to break the SBIII curse. Namath passes on or AR8 becomes AR12. 

I always had that theory in the back of my mind about Joe Namath having to pass away for the curse and the jets to be great and win another superbowl…. But I haven’t said it because I don’t wish death on anyone 

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Pistons, Wings, AND Tigers all won championships in my lifetime.

Now you're just complaining to complain. 

LOL True. I got to experience all of them first hand so I’m fortunate - although I was 10 when the Tigers won.

I was at the ALCS when Ordonez hit the GW homer to send them to the WS. One of the greatest sports experiences of my life. 

On 12/27/2023 at 8:22 PM, AFJF said:

Aaron Rodgers:

2018-2022: 0 games missed

2023: 16+ games missed

Alijah Vera-Tucker:

2018-2020: 3 games missed

2021-2023: 22 games missed

Mekhi Becton:

2017-2019: 2 games missed

2020-2023: 33+ games missed

Duane Brown:

2018-2021: 4 games missed
2022-2023: 17 games missed

Chuck Clark:

2020-2022: 0 games missed

2023: 17 games missed

Cam Clark: 2015-2019: Played in school record 48 games including 30 in a row

2021: Suffers career-ending neck injury, 0 NFL games.

I could add about a million other things to that list and they are not all injuries 

On 12/27/2023 at 9:26 PM, Maxman said:

I know they revamped the training staff and all that, time to do it again. Maybe it is just bad luck, but leave nothing to chance. Costs them nothing against the cap to invest in trying to keep the players healthy.

Well that and many of these injuries at home like Rodgers and some of the oline may not have occurred on grass. They are just rediculously trying to save maybe 10M or something like that to keep field turf when you are losing hundreds of millions over years in player contract money that is both a financial and a cap loss that are huge. I can’t imagine maintaining grass is so much of a financial burden that it exceeds anywhere near the loss of the money on the teams players. Heck, you wonder if at one point players from other teams hurt here in NJ start suing the Jets making even more of a financial loss in not having grass. Obviously the Giants would likely share that burden.

On 12/28/2023 at 8:40 AM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

West Ham United of the English Premier League are literally the only satisfaction I've known with a Europa Conference League championship in 2023 (and any soccer fan will tell you that is essentially the "NIT" of the European football world - with the Champions League the big dog on the block. 

The NIT would be a step up.   Its Champions League, Europa League and then the Europa Conference League.

So basically West Ham won the MAAC tournament.

On 12/28/2023 at 9:13 PM, derp said:

Some of this is bad luck.

Some is a 360 pound OT who relies on his athleticism in a league where most big OT’s are 330 and a nearly 40 year old QB and a 37 then 38 year old OT - neither of whom it seems anybody else really wanted - being old.

Not many folks seemed upset about Becton's weight until Greg Van Roten fell on his leg and dislocated his knee cap.  Which I guess would have stayed in tact if he were 330?

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Not many folks seemed upset about Becton's weight until Greg Van Roten fell on his leg and dislocated his knee cap.  Which I guess would have stayed in tact if he were 330?

His weight was discussed here and elsewhere before he got drafted. It was probably the main topic of discussion in the Becton thread on the draft forum pre draft and it was a significant part of his nfl.com draft profile. I’m sure elsewhere too. It’s a weird revisionist history to pretend it wasn’t a major topic of his evaluation.

Probably would’ve been easier to rehab and recover from an injury to a weight bearing area at a lower weight.