Who sits behind Rogers next season

SoJetsy

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

Look- I’m not arguing whether options existed or not, but some of the takes are sensational. Most teams structure their QB rooms the same way: starter, backup, playbook guy. It’s not like the Jets were doing something that was uncommon. 

We can debate what they should’ve done after injury, what players were better options, etc. Makes sense. But it shocks me that anyone thinks it would’ve mattered. This offense is atrocious and while there are many compounding reasons for their ineptitude, the primary one is the offensive line.

Nothing is different about Flacco himself this year vs. last. The difference is his supporting cast and coaching. He would not be the Flacco we’re seeing right now here. Carson Wentz is a guy who I agree is better than given credit, but there’s history of him being a distraction and a bad locker room guy. He went to the Rams for a reason: to rehab his image. Matt Ryan would’ve died on the field.

it would have mattered to me.  As bad as Siemen was, he was moving the offense and I am sure they could have done better than Siemen and had they started using Siemen earlier or (someone better) the games would have been more fun.

You know I learned a long time that having the team you like win the superbowl is really rare actually.  I was a fan of both Jets and Giants growing up and LT and Harry Carson were my fav Giants while Klecko, Gast, and few others were my fav Jets.  I watched the Giants win that 86 suberbowl and was jumping up and down and it was a good experience,  When LT retired after the 2nd superbowl I just stuck with the Jets.  Even though the Jets have never won in my lifetime I have always watched the games even while the giants were winning superbowls because the Jets Use to be fun to watch.  There was always some let down at end of seasons where they didnt make playoffs or they made it and were quickly dispatched but I was always coming back for more

These last few years man is some of the worst I have ever seen.

So yes it would matter to me that they try harder and maybe win some more games im not expecting superbowl just make it a little fun again.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

it would have mattered to me.  As bad as Siemen was, he was moving the offense and I am sure they could have done better than Siemen and had they started using Siemen earlier or (someone better) the games would have been more fun.

You know I learned a long time that having the team you like win the superbowl is really rare actually.  I was a fan of both Jets and Giants growing up and LT and Harry Carson were my fav Giants while Klecko, Gast, and few others were my fav Jets.  I watched the Giants win that 86 suberbowl and was jumping up and down and it was a good experience,  When LT retired after the 2nd superbowl I just stuck with the Jets.  Even though the Jets have never won in my lifetime I have always watched the games even while the giants were winning superbowls because the Jets Use to be fun to watch.  There was always some let down at end of seasons where they didnt make playoffs or they made it and were quickly dispatched but I was always coming back for more

So yes it would matter to me that they try harder and maybe win some more games im not expecting superbowl just make it a little fun again.

So signing a QB with some name recognition would’ve made fans and local sports media feel better. Whether or not that QB made a difference is of little consequence; at least the team would have made it seem like they were trying to fix the offense even if it was irreparable given the state of the offensive line as one of the worst in the league, inability to establish a running game, receivers not named Garrett Wilson getting zero separation, etc. Got it. 

Should’ve just signed Colin Kaepernick we would be in such a better place right now and it would’ve been more fun to follow 🙄

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

So signing a QB with some name recognition would’ve made fans and local sports media feel better. Whether or not that QB made a difference is of little consequence; at least the team would have made it seem like they were trying to fix the offense even if it was irreparable given the state of the offensive line as one of the worst in the league, inability to establish a running game, receivers not named Garrett Wilson getting zero separation, etc. Got it. 

Should’ve just signed Colin Kaepernick we would be in such a better place right now and it would’ve been more fun to follow 🙄

I dont really care about name recognition and dont even watch QBs on other teams when they not playing Jets so I wont pretend to know who they should have brought in.  However, I do know Boyles should not have been on active roster and like I said even Siemen was moving the offense with bad the OL, WRs, no running game, etc...

being a punk is not a good look either...Got it.

7 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I dont really care about name recognition and dont even watch QBs on other teams when they not playing Jets so I wont pretend to know who they should have brought in.  However, I do know Boyles should not have been on active roster and like I said even Siemen was moving the offense with bad the OL, WRs, no running game, etc...

being a punk is not a good look either...Got it.

The Jets offense moves when (1) they are not trying to play ultra conservative; and (2) their offensive line plays anywhere above horrible. Haven’t you considered these factors as a major part of the offensive outcome? Guess not 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, football guy said:

That was literally the only option other than letting Zach Wilson start the whole season. Thank you so much for saying this

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The Justin Fields Justice Warriors think he’s fantastic.  Like better than Lamar Jackson he just “needs a good roster”

Yes, I said he was better than Lamar, Mahomes, Brady, Montana, Elway, Unitas, etc. Good luck with shutting down the containment unit in the basement. 

Having Tim Boyle as QB 3, then QB 2 and then starter was the atrocity that showed the Jets and the coach and GM didn't have a foggy clue about the position.

Douglas and Saleh let Hackett and by association Rodgers sewer the team 100% this year.

They totally violated the age old rule that one player is not bigger than the team and made this once promising team vastly worse the past of season.   Luckily for them Woody fell for the thing hook line ans sinker as well so he had no choice but to stick by the entire group.

On long term merit the whole front office and coaching staff deserved to be fired.

On shirt term merit as in the roll the die gamble that blew up in their faces they all deserved to be fired.

And yet here we are running it all back next year, which will be an wasted year and as big of a disaster.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

The Jets just needed to go 2-3 after starting the season 4-3, and this upcoming game against the Pats would mean a playoff spot if the Jets win. Siemian definitely better than Sad Sack and Boyle. 

The Jets have two options for backup QB next season:

• Trade Zach Wilson for anything to a team that assumes his salary.  That gives JD a $5mm budget for a backup QB.   Maybe someone takes that knowing that they will start a lot of games behind a 40-41 year old QB (Rodgers).  
  • Zach Wilson is not trade able, so he is QB2 again.  It should not matter to JD and Saleh, because they are getting fired anyway.  
  • Woody is not eating Zach Wilson’s salary and paying another QB. 

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets have two options for backup QB next season:

• Trade Zach Wilson for anything to a team that assumes his salary.  That gives JD a $5mm budget for a backup QB.   Maybe someone takes that knowing that they will start a lot of games behind a 40-41 year old QB (Rodgers).  
  • Zach Wilson is not trade able, so he is QB2 again.  It should not matter to JD and Saleh, because they are getting fired anyway.  
  • Woody is not eating Zach Wilson’s salary and paying another QB. 

I think they can trade Zach but not get much back. I thought if he played last 3 games and was ok like he was vs Texans it could boost his value. But if no deal even for a conditional pick I think Woody ok with cutting him and paying out the 5 million plus due. Even Woody doesn't want a repeat of this season. If the Jets draft a Qb they won't have to play them unlike last 3 or 4 Qbs they drafted high and started in first season. It didn't work out. I think Woody will agree to pay a reasonable backup. 

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The gaslighting out here about Fields is insane

I do think he’s improved. He’s a great athlete and overall significantly better than Wilson. But not a guy I’d be confident with.

• Upvote 1