Jets success in the offseason will be determined by how they approach free agency, and what players they keep or allow to move to other teams

There are so many different scenarios that will play out before the draft, which will determine the success or failure for next season, not what player is available for us at #10.

What to do with Becton, Bryce Huff, and many other players on this roster?  Will the Jets spend big money on the offensive line to get quality players?  Will they get a quality wide receiver?  Will they go cheap and get a 3rd rate backup quarterback, like they did this past year?

My advice is not to spend so much time wondering who will be there for us at #10.  The success or failure for Joe Douglas and the Jets will be already determined by the time draft day comes.

If the Jets are successful in the offseason, we will already have fixed the offensive line, got a quality #2 wide receiver to team up with Garrett Wilson, and have a legitimate backup QB, if Aaron Rodgers goes down.  We will also beef up our defensive tackle spot as well.

If the Jets do it correctly, the #10 spot will be for either the tight end or a offensive tackle spot, that will only enhance our depth for the offensive line, when, and not if, our line begins to have injuries.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, Alka said:

There are so many different scenarios that will play out before the draft, which will determine the success or failure for next season, not what player is available for us at #10.

What to do with Becton, Bryce Huff, and many other players on this roster?  Will the Jets spend big money on the offensive line to get quality players?  Will they get a quality wide receiver?  Will they go cheap and get a 3rd rate backup quarterback, like they did this past year?

My advice is not to spend so much time wondering who will be there for us at #10.  The success or failure for Joe Douglas and the Jets will be already determined by the time draft day comes.

If the Jets are successful in the offseason, we will already have fixed the offensive line, got a quality #2 wide receiver to team up with Garrett Wilson, and have a legitimate backup QB, if Aaron Rodgers goes down.  We will also beef up our defensive tackle spot as well.

If the Jets do it correctly, the #10 spot will be for either the tight end or a offensive tackle spot, that will only enhance our depth for the offensive line, when, and not if, our line begins to have injuries.

Failure Is the Gift that Keeps on Giving | IndustryWeek

JD's specialty is failure.  Woody picked Sauce.

It' going to be fun having a #4 wr next year that makes 11 million a year.

Not sure what we are going to do at oline, all the guy available are old and injured which is to be expected.

We will probably sign a high priced WR.

If Becton is bad they are insane.

Huff?   Who knows.  I think they will resin him for too much money

I defended JD's tenure here up until this year.  His FA signings besides Rodgers sucked, no backup QB but then signing Semian then taking forever to get him on the active roster.  Signing Saffold and never seeing him play.   

Rodgers is good but is he good enough to hide all our deficiencies if they are not properly addressed?  probably not 

1 hour ago, Alka said:

This franchise hasn’t done enough to show quality free agents that this is a good business decision. Unless Rodgers is a hell of a recruiter, I expect the same old same old. We’ll get used to make the other team pay more money and get the tier 2 / tier 3 guys that didn’t get the deals from their perfered options. Wish I wasn’t so negative but looking at things unbiased, I just can’t see why a high demand player would pick this spot.

• Upvote 1