lets not be fair to joe d

Super Bowl quality defense and kicking game. 

Rodgers with Garett and Hall. 

it wasn’t a bad plan. Injuries ruined it and some bad decisions.  He let Rodgers pick his weapons and decided to spend the “Rodgers discount surplus” on Cook. 

At the end of the day, his QB room has stunk.  He paired a young first time play caller with a young and green rookie QB backed up by a guy without a single NFL start. Where was the veteran like McCown for Sam ? 

Then they said that last year was supposed to be a redshirt year for Zach and then they put him one play away from being in there. Why not just make him the emergency QB so he gets to dress and practice like he’s part of the team, has to mentally prepare every week, but sign a veteran back up ?

The Namath curse is strong lol

34 minutes ago, Larz said:

it wasn’t a bad plan. Injuries ruined it and some bad decisions.  He let Rodgers pick his weapons and decided to spend the “Rodgers discount surplus” on Cook. 

At the end of the day, his QB room has stunk.  He paired a young first time play caller with a young and green rookie QB backed up by a guy without a single NFL start. Where was the veteran like McCown for Sam ? 

Then they said that last year was supposed to be a redshirt year for Zach and then they put him one play away from being in there. Why not just make him the emergency QB so he gets to dress and practice like he’s part of the team, has to mentally prepare every week, but sign a veteran back up ?

I suspect this was a Woody directive as was demanding AR to begin with. I don't believe for a second that was Saleh's wish and I don't see JD overriding him on that

I don't want to read all this sh*t, but Becton does not sniff being one of the biggest busts in Jets history.  There is still question as to whether he is a bust as a player, though he has not given the Jets much in the way of return on investment.  Based on that, I can see calling him a bust, but he is not exactly in the Ron Faurot, Vernon Gholston, Blair Thomas tier.

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Honestly you can kill JD over a dozen things. Not sure Rodgers is one of them.  Woody cut his nuts off on that one...

Nonsense, pure nonsense and excuse mongering.   Douglas was leading the charge with Saleh.  He negotiated the deal, he brought  in all of Rodgers friends and lousy coach.  If Douglas and Saleh did not want Rodgers we would not have had rodgers.

Woody jumped in with both feet after Douglas and Saleh went in that direction.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't want to read all this sh*t, but Becton does not sniff being one of the biggest busts in Jets history.  There is still question as to whether he is a bust as a player, though he has not given the Jets much in the way of return on investment.  Based on that, I can see calling him a bust, but he is not exactly in the Ron Faurot, Vernon Gholston, Blair Thomas tier.

He is a bust for sure but certainly not close to the biggest bust.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

I feel partially similar.  The scary thing to me is what would have happened if they didn't get Rodgers?  Then they are stuck with Hackett with what appears to be almost no plan.  FWIW, Boyle had three starts for the Lions in 2021.  I think that Hackett is probably better than most around here, but he seems a bit of a weak walk all over me guy which might work with Rodgers, but isn't necessarily the best otherwise.  

I get why people are down on Douglas and Saleh.  I am not sure how to be so down on both.  If Douglas is not providing the players for a good D, then Saleh is doing  a monster job.  If he is, then he may be a net negative, but he is not a complete clown show.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I feel partially similar.  The scary thing to me is what would have happened if they didn't get Rodgers?  Then they are stuck with Hackett with what appears to be almost no plan.  FWIW, Boyle had three starts for the Lions in 2021.  I think that Hackett is probably better than most around here, but he seems a bit of a weak walk all over me guy which might work with Rodgers, but isn't necessarily the best otherwise.  

I get why people are down on Douglas and Saleh.  I am not sure how to be so down on both.  If Douglas is not providing the players for a good D, then Saleh is doing  a monster job.  If he is, then he may be a net negative, but he is not a complete clown show.  

I meant the Zach/White/Morgan rookie season.   Flacco was summoned when Zach got hurt if I’m not confusing the first and second year 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Nonsense, pure nonsense and excuse mongering.   Douglas was leading the charge with Saleh.  He negotiated the deal, he brought  in all of Rodgers friends and lousy coach.  If Douglas and Saleh did not want Rodgers we would not have had rodgers.

Woody jumped in with both feet after Douglas and Saleh went in that direction.

Meh.  I can't remember where but Woody made some public comments that undercut Douglas on the trade parameters.  Do agree JD deserves 100% for the hires and do agree they were onboard with Rodgers (as were many of us).  Do not agree JD and Saleh were pushing the Rodgers option and Woody tagged along...

20 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He is 40 years old. Expensive. Coming off the worst season of his career. His last team couldn't have been happier to get rid of him and are now better without him. And he's now got this franchise taken hostage for as long as he wants.

It was an awful idea, and that's how it has played out.

Not that expensive.

Completely new team and still doesn't change the fact Rodgers is a great

Great player 

13 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Not that expensive.

Completely new team and still doesn't change the fact Rodgers is a great

Great player 

He was. The last season he played he was a middle of the pack QB who looked his age.

His cap hit in 2025 is $51M. His cap hit in 2026 is $35M. Right when we will need to pay the young players worth a damn on this roster.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He was. The last season he played he was a middle of the pack QB who looked his age.

His cap hit in 2025 is $51M. His cap hit in 2026 is $35M. Right when we will need to pay the young players worth a damn on this roster.

Playing with a broke hand and no help on offense is not playing your age.

He had lazard and crap rooks and still managed to put up good numbers.

Disagree completely.

If you look at the cap and roster construction nothing to stop us from signing our very few good elite players and shifting the scrubs around to make room

Cheer up butter cup, having Aaron Rodgers is not a bad thing no matter what the media tells you.

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Playing with a broke hand and no help on offense is not playing your age.

He had lazard and crap rooks and still managed to put up good numbers.

Disagree completely.

If you look at the cap and roster construction nothing to stop us from signing our very few good elite players and shifting the scrubs around to make room

Cheer up butter cup, having Aaron Rodgers is not a bad thing no matter what the media tells you.

I don't think "he has an excuse, the 40 year old has been injured 2 seasons in a row but i swear he is still elite" is the hill to die on.

Having Aaron Rodgers now, is in fact a bad thing. I don't need media to tell me I am looking at the results.

• Upvote 1

I find some of these “Jets have no talent, JD is the worst GM of all time” posts to be so strange.

There’s a lot of talent on this team. You don’t have one of the top ranked defenses in the league with no talent. We had the Offensive Rookie the Year last year and the guy who would have won offensive rookie of the year.

Simply put drafting Zach Wilson 2nd overall was a cataclysmic mistake that set the org back 2-3 years and in the end probably costs Douglas and Saleh their job. To make up for that mistake they traded for Aaron Rodgers which has been a disaster so far too.

Like all GMs he has had his hits and misses but overall the process has been good and the roster is dramatically improved from where he started. He just whiffed in the QB position so he’s going to get fired.

6 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I don't think "he has an excuse, the 40 year old has been injured 2 seasons in a row but i swear he is still elite" is the hill to die on.

Having Aaron Rodgers now, is in fact a bad thing. I don't need media to tell me I am looking at the results.

hmm interesting take see me next season. I do not think your logic is any good but there is a reality that you are correct if you believe in the whole many worlds philosophy,. 

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I find some of these “Jets have no talent, JD is the worst GM of all time” posts to be so strange.

There’s a lot of talent on this team. You don’t have one of the top ranked defenses in the league with no talent. We had the Offensive Rookie the Year last year and the guy who would have won offensive rookie of the year.

Simply put drafting Zach Wilson 2nd overall was a cataclysmic mistake that set the org back 2-3 years and in the end probably costs Douglas and Saleh their job. To make up for that mistake they traded for Aaron Rodgers which has been a disaster so far too.

Like all GMs he has had his hits and misses but overall the process has been good and the roster is dramatically improved from where he started. He just whiffed in the QB position so he’s going to get fired.

i dont think he is going to get fired

On 1/16/2024 at 11:30 AM, Larz said:

I meant the Zach/White/Morgan rookie season.   Flacco was summoned when Zach got hurt if I’m not confusing the first and second year 

I think they were hoping Greg Knapp was going to be the adult in the room.

Hiring Saleh was just stupid. 1st time HC overhyped cliche spouting cheerleader with an unimpressive resume. Bowles fell flat on his face and was kept on a year too long. Gase had HC experience but was a stupid decision right off the bat...I have no idea what they were thinking there

After Gase you absolutely have to bring in an established HC with experience. Shell out the big bucks or get a good OC or DC that has had head coaching experience and knows the league. You dont bring in another cavalcade of NFL first timers especially with a rookie QB(who shouldve never been drafted)