Remaining AFC Teams

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do you think that happens with a healthy Aaron Rodgers running the offense? 

Definitely not, but I also think this coaching staff was exposed in a big way this year, so it's hard for a lot of us to imagine winning anything big with this coaching staff. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/16/2024 at 5:31 PM, Smashmouth said:

It will be night and day Sign 3 OL 1 WR and the rest BPA via the draft and we will be very hard to deal with barring any catastrophic injury issues like we have become used too.

I still say trade up to get the LT we want don't wait for one to fall to us

I disagree with this like 100%. We should not even draft an OT in RD 1. Trading up for one is idiotic. I actually think there is only 1 position that you should spend significant resources to trade up for in RD1 and that is QB. We all (including me) destroyed PFF for criticizing the AVT trade up but really they were right. Opportunity cost and the risk associated with OL in RD1 now is just way too high. Playmaker in RD1

• Upvote 2

On 1/17/2024 at 8:24 AM, southparkcpa said:

It's not a strategic plan of well run organizations.  In fact it symbolizes our lack of any vision as an organization. Most well run companies have a 2, 5 and10 year plan.   We don't.

I hear the need for a strategic plan, but the reality in the NFL is that if you don't make the 2 year plan, you're not there for the 5 or 10 year plan. It's better to revise the 2 year plan every year.

13 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

I hear the need for a strategic plan, but the reality in the NFL is that if you don't make the 2 year plan, you're not there for the 5 or 10 year plan. It's better to revise the 2 year plan every year.

a 2 year plan with a 40 year old QB seems like poor planning. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2024 at 1:37 AM, Hex said:

A few weeks ago I would have disagreed on the principle of the CS holding the roster back, but watching the Todd Bowles-led Bucs dismantle the Eagles I think there may be a chance for playoffs next season with a few extra pieces.

Bowles got far too much blame.  Maybe a little too much of a players coach but he wasn’t given many good players by coffee club Mac.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

I disagree with this like 100%. We should not even draft an OT in RD 1. Trading up for one is idiotic. I actually think there is only 1 position that you should spend significant resources to trade up for in RD1 and that is QB. We all (including me) destroyed PFF for criticizing the AVT trade up but really they were right. Opportunity cost and the risk associated with OL in RD1 now is just way too high. Playmaker in RD1

Well this entire post is idiotic because LT protecting the blind side of the biggest asset on the field should 100% be top priority and if a cant miss talent is there in round one early on a team that's mostly already built you go for it every time. Stock piling draft picks is for building teams or too re - tool after a good 3 -4 year run. Having a top LT for 12-15 years is huge for any team. Good teams move up to fill small holes in the roster bad teams trade player away to stock pile draft picks to rebuild. While yes you can do either at any time teams that usually win every year have much less in the way of draft capital than teams that constantly lose that's why it was so easy for Joe Douglas to re build this team rather quickly. This team is an OL and WR away from being a 12 plus win team with Rodgers at QB 

• Thumb Down 1

On 1/16/2024 at 7:28 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Texans, Bills, Chiefs, Ravens

We beat 2 of them and took the 3rd that we played to the wire with Zach Wilson at QB. Next year, God willing, we will have a massive upgrade at QB and the guy who literally helped build the offense we're running.

This year sucked hard and the offense was absolutely disgusting to watch at times. Add a few key pieces and the difference could be night and day.

Rodgers without an injury and this D we are def in the mix.... JD knows what he has to do. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Well this entire post is idiotic because LT protecting the blind side of the biggest asset on the field should 100% be top priority and if a cant miss talent is there in round one early on a team that's mostly already built you go for it every time. Stock piling draft picks is for building teams or too re - tool after a good 3 -4 year run. Having a top LT for 12-15 years is huge for any team. Good teams move up to fill small holes in the roster bad teams trade player away to stock pile draft picks to rebuild. While yes you can do either at any time teams that usually win every year have much less in the way of draft capital than teams that constantly lose that's why it was so easy for Joe Douglas to re build this team rather quickly. This team is an OL and WR away from being a 12 plus win team with Rodgers at QB 

I have posted my reasons several times. OT is no longer a can't miss talent position. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

I have posted my reasons several times. OT is no longer a can't miss talent position. 

There's a difference between  forcing the issue during the draft and a real cant miss talent. If you feel as a GM "this is the guy" you go get him rather than waiting for a player you may not have as highly rated. It all comes down to how you look at it as a drafter. We can disagree but every year is going to be different and FWIW their really have not been many cant miss guys lately but that does not mean one cant pop up.

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Hmmm…they could always opt for a journeyman left tackle and draft penix as the hare apparent to Rodgers.