Later round QB prospect talk: Rattler, Pratt and Milton

20 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Jets in prime position to trade down…

Seems like awful process for those teams. Elevating Bo Nix into top ten territory because you don’t want Shedeur Sanders and Quinn Ewers? Smacks of drafting Zach Wilson and Trey Lance because you know Kenny Pickett stinks

• Upvote 1

Every.....single.....year......teams fall all over themselves worrying that next year is a bad or good QB year and every single year there are about 2 or 3 guys who look bad and fall and 2 or 3 guys that rocket up the rankings after not being looked at as A grade talent.

Guys like Matt Barkley....boo ya! 1st rounder....he stays and is meh or connor cook.

Then we have guys like Jayden Daniels, was he thought to be this high end last year?  Nope

Zach freakin Wilson was not a #2 overall the year before his draft year.

I hope Jeremiah is right though let teams draft totally meh QBs like Bo Nix or JJ McCarthy and have better players fall to us or let us trade down.

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2024 at 5:07 PM, T0mShane said:

Didn’t deserve its own thread, but Jeremiah thinks there’ll be a push to draft QB this year because next year’s class is meh:

Basically the Jets are damned if they do or damned if they don’t take a QB…

Austin Reed is officially on my radar, the Western Kentucky signal caller has some moxy that I like in his game following up Billy Zappe's legendary career.  Apparently stood out in the Shrine game.  Struggled a bit w/ accuracy at times but also his team around his is bad but when that kids on, he call ball.  The Hilltoppers play fast, average 75 plays a game, dude threw the ball damn near 1,100 times in 2 years.  71 TD's/22 picks.  I think he ends up a mid-rounder but could be an interesting guy in the right situation.  Probably a career back up long term but he's up there for me now w/ the "later round QB's".

On 2/24/2024 at 7:51 AM, JustInFudge said:

Austin Reed is officially on my radar, the Western Kentucky signal caller has some moxy that I like in his game following up Billy Zappe's legendary career.  Apparently stood out in the Shrine game.  Struggled a bit w/ accuracy at times but also his team around his is bad but when that kids on, he call ball.  The Hilltoppers play fast, average 75 plays a game, dude threw the ball damn near 1,100 times in 2 years.  71 TD's/22 picks.  I think he ends up a mid-rounder but could be an interesting guy in the right situation.  Probably a career back up long term but he's up there for me now w/ the "later round QB's".

This guy is interesting for sure. We need some young QB in the pipeline regardless of who we sign/trade for as our backup QB.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

This guy is interesting for sure. We need some young QB in the pipeline regardless of who we sign/trade for as our backup QB.

Yeah, he's a interesting study.  Watched some more of him.  They throw the ball behind the LOS, like, a lot but then, he hits 20 yarders like it's nothing at the same rate.  Little more mobile then I expected to, moves well, feels the pocket well. 

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

Yeah, he's a interesting study.  Watched some more of him.  They throw the ball behind the LOS, like, a lot but then, he hits 20 yarders like it's nothing at the same rate.  Little more mobile then I expected to, moves well, feels the pocket well. 

Good teams draft QBs and develop them. Even if they don't become starters or stars, there is trade value in a backup QB.

If you work on Wall Street you typically look to invest in the most important industries. Teams (we) need to keep investing in the most important position in sports.

• Upvote 1