You have the 8th pick in a draft of all time Jets players, who do you pick?

8th Pick?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. With the 8th Pick in the All Time Jets Player Draft, I select......

• Ken O'Brien QB
    • Freeman McNeil RB
    • Emerson Boozer RB
    • Wesley Walker WR
    • Al Toon WR
    • Rich Caster TE
    • Mickey Shuler TE
    • Marvin Powell T
    • Nick Mangold C
    • Mark Gastineau DL
    • Gerry Philben DL
    • Marty Lyons DL
    • Quinnen WIlliams DL
    • Mo Lewis LB
    • Al Atkinson LB
    • Ralph Baker LB
    • Larry Grantham LB
    • Aaron Glenn DB
    • Victor Green DB
    • Somebody Else

I wonder how a NY Jets All Star Team (all playing in their prime) would stack up against other franchises? What would that team look like? It'd be fun to debate certain positions that had more than one great player. Curtis vs Freeman vs Breece Lightening? Aaron Glenn vs Sauce? Namath vs Rodgers vs Favre? Garrett vs Toon vs Welker? Jermain vs Gastineau vs Huff vs Abraham? Rex vs Gase? (lol)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FootballLove said:

I wonder how a NY Jets All Star Team (all playing in their prime) would stack up against other franchises? What would that team look like? It'd be fun to debate certain positions that had more than one great player. Curtis vs Freeman vs Breece Lightening? Aaron Glenn vs Sauce? Namath vs Rodgers vs Favre? Garrett vs Toon vs Welker? Jermain vs Gastineau vs Huff vs Abraham? Rex vs Gase? (lol)

Their prime as Jets or their prime, prime?  Riggins was an absolute monster as a Jet, but we had plenty of guys that went elsewhere and thrived, Terrance Mathis, Tony Martin.  Even more, we signed a bunch of HOF players on their last legs, Art Monk, Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater, Ed Reed, Ty Law, etc.  More recently Brandon Marshall, Gore, and Forte. 

Mentioning Jermaine Johnson in a discussion with Gastineau and Abraham is beyond laughable and your WR discussion is for who plays opposite Maynard.  I don't think Sauer gets enough respect.  He put up some good years but nobody pays attention because they were pre-merger and he retired at 27 because he was a strange cat that didn't like being treated like an infant by idiot coaching staffs.  I don't think I have seen Matt Snell's name mentioned.  People forget him now, because FB is not even a position, but he was The Man and probably could would be in the rotation at DE on the all-time team if he wanted.  You want to help Becton chip Micah Parsons?  He'd be your man.

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2024 at 8:05 PM, FootballLove said:

The Jets in the 70's and 80's had the best OL's in Football consistently too bad that trend went in the toilet. I picked Marvin Powell because for years he was easily the best RT in the NFL guy was a beast

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The Jets in the 70's and 80's had the best OL's in Football consistently too bad that trend went in the toilet. I picked Marvin Powell because for years he was easily the best RT in the NFL guy was a beast

Yessir. I recall many of those games. Teams ran the ball for a living. RTs were road graters who could move men and mountains.

On a side note, Jets are a run-left team. BUT if we planted Becton at RT and AVT at RG, we'd probably have the best right side in football, at least for running the ball. lol...let Mt Becton load back up to his 'preferred' (by him) weight of 410.

12 hours ago, Jethead said:

Powell, Rasmussen, Fields, Alexander and Ward. Four straight years.

Brings back memories. 

If Chris Ward didnjt hold every other down that was the best line in football back then right along side the steelers