Russini and Rosenblatt actually got it right

20 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I can believe that she had a casual conversation with a guy about Vrabel.

Her asking "What's up with Vrabel??" Random personnel guy at the slot machine "Lol. Have you met that guy? Those owners are too afraid of his big ass, they're not hiring him" 

And then forms a serious quote from it. 

Recall Woody Johnson never fails to mention "toughness" ...each and every time he introduces the new best defensive coordinator ever accepting the Jets' lowball offer as the next great head coach in NFL history. 

14 hours ago, Falco21 said:

100%

Saleh is not without fault. There are many things that he does that bother me, including his in game management. Still needs a lot of work on that front. With that said, it is hard to just point to him as a problem in a vacuum. It is not fair to look at his record and not attribute a large part of that to dogsh*t QB performances. Saleh does not make those moves, Douglas does. 

To that last point, I have been a Douglas supporter for a long time. He is the root cause of our issues right now. Granted, we have been dealt a sh*t hand with injuries, but if you want to point blame somewhere, almost all of it lands at his feet. 

JD has spent a lot of draft and free agent capital on the O-Line. While injuries have absolutely decimated that group the last couple of years, I also believe Zach was a huge reason why the protection has been so poor. A pro QB should know how to adjust protections pre-snap. That's why it wasn't a surprise (to me at least) that they were much better once Trevor Siemian took over.

His biggest failure was drafting Zach, and not having a viable backup QB this past season. I don't believe the trade for Aaron Rodgers was his decision. That has Woody's fingerprints all over it. 

• Upvote 2

JD has spent a lot of draft and free agent capital on the O-Line. While injuries have absolutely decimated that group the last couple of years, I also believe Zach was a huge reason why the protection has been so poor. A pro QB should know how to adjust protections pre-snap. That's why it wasn't a surprise (to me at least) that they were much better once Trevor Siemian took over.
His biggest failure was drafting Zach, and not having a viable backup QB this past season. I don't believe the trade for Aaron Rodgers was his decision. That has Woody's fingerprints all over it. 
Not for nothing but Siemian's passer rating was 15 points lower than Wilson's and his QBR was a miserable 14.3. He was awful.
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Russini is a gossip columnist, which is different than being a liar. You’d sh*t your wetsuit if Vrabel stepped to you. 

Oh sure, coolio, you know, it makes you wonder how Saleh got so many interviews and ultimately, a job.  I mean, bald head, muscle bound freak, dark penetrating eyes, not white, looking like Xerxes....dude is a "physical specimen" and I could see his "physical presence" being "very intimidating".  I mean, good god, could you imagine Dan Campbell entering the interview room?  How do these guys compose themselves with such scary men!!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Not for nothing but Siemian's passer rating was 15 points lower than Wilson's and his QBR was a miserable 14.3. He was awful.

You definitely missed source's point

• Upvote 1

You definitely missed source's point
I was commenting on the Jets looking better with Siemian. I really didn't see it. His play was pretty bad. Was it the 2 TD's he threw?

I agree that Zach played a big part of the OL's failures. I just don't think point to their play with TS behind center is the way to make the point.

28 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I was commenting on the Jets looking better with Siemian. I really didn't see it. His play was pretty bad. Was it the 2 TD's he threw?

I agree that Zach played a big part of the OL's failures. I just don't think point to their play with TS behind center is the way to make the point.

The protection was much better with Trev than it was with Zach. What the QB does with the ball after is a different story entirely. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Oh sure, coolio, you know, it makes you wonder how Saleh got so many interviews and ultimately, a job.  I mean, bald head, muscle bound freak, dark penetrating eyes, not white, looking like Xerxes....dude is a "physical specimen" and I could see his "physical presence" being "very intimidating".  I mean, good god, could you imagine Dan Campbell entering the interview room?  How do these guys compose themselves with such scary men!!!!

Saleh is a beta male who immediately got worked over by a pack of Jersey contractors the minute he entered the state lines. He had to sue them to get restitution and his renovation job is still unfinished. Vrabel—a true alpha—would have done the renovation work himself, but if he did hire contractors and those contractors tried stiffing him, Vrabel would have used their bodies to backfill around the foundation of his skinning shed. 

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh is a beta male who immediately got worked over by a pack of Jersey contractors the minute he entered the state lines. He had to sue them to get restitution and his renovation job is still unfinished. Vrabel—a true alpha—would have done the renovation work himself, but if he did hire contractors and those contractors tried stiffing him, Vrabel would have used their bodies to backfill around the foundation of his skinning shed. 

Dan Campbell, 6'5, 260, 9% body fat, massive dong, who drinks a Big Gulp size coffee w/ 8 shots of espresso, fought, defeated, captured, trained and brought a Jaguar into his interview in Jacksonville.  Before his interview in Detroit, he flew to Africa and trapped a Lion, flew commercial w/ the Lion as a support animal to Detroit and brought the Lion into the interview room w/ him but yeah, sure tell me more about how a staff largely comprised of ex-players, are super duper scary wary of a candidate's, physical presence and alpha male attitude because those 2 things are completely foreign to the NFL. 

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I am sticking to my story-after Saleh banks 4 years of Jets HC salary (below market, but more than most DCs), and he gets fired after this year, he will go on to be a DC/co-HC of another team, just like Bowles and Quinn did.   He will work for a team that invests in offensive coaching.  He will then eventually become an HC again.

Saleh thought he could splice together MLF and Knapp and get a real OC.  Could have worked, RIP.  He was also not expecting Wilson to either be picked....or be so bad.  

• Upvote 1

It's alarming how many 'fans' just eat up every word of the negative BS. Maybe consider the type of people that would actually write a hit piece like this. Not many people would do it and it may hurt their coverage of the Jets going forward. You have to be a little sketchy to do it - especially with not mentioning one source. I believe now more than ever that the Jets have more to contend with than most teams because of the huge suffocatingly negative media and the fans that absolutely eat it up. To think that both of them don't have a negative effect on the team's success is just being naive. Before you say if they're good it won't bother them, blah, blah, blah, it just means to me that you don't fully understand how young these kids are that come here and how unprepared mentally they are for New York. It's just another hurdle or two that they have to maneuver that other teams don't have. 

9 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

It's alarming how many 'fans' just eat up every word of the negative BS. Maybe consider the type of people that would actually write a hit piece like this. Not many people would do it and it may hurt their coverage of the Jets going forward. You have to be a little sketchy to do it - especially with not mentioning one source. I believe now more than ever that the Jets have more to contend with than most teams because of the huge suffocatingly negative media and the fans that absolutely eat it up. To think that both of them don't have a negative effect on the team's success is just being naive. Before you say if they're good it won't bother them, blah, blah, blah, it just means to me that you don't fully understand how young these kids are that come here and how unprepared mentally they are for New York. It's just another hurdle or two that they have to maneuver that other teams don't have. 

As we know, when we listen to the press coverage that covers other NFL teams, they all come from the perspective of loyal, positive, optimistic fans. 

The Jet Fan Base thrives on negativity and skepticism.  You are not getting clicks if you are writing positive press on the Jets.   There are 9 teams that had a worse overall season than the Jets did last year.  I would venture to guess that if you looked at their press coverage, it has a more positive tone than the Jets coverage.  The coverage on the War in Ukraine has a more positive coverage than the Jets coverage.

Having owners like Hess and Woody only made it worse.   

35 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

The Jets do it to themselves. Losing being the biggest factor. But not owning anything is the other. Why was Saleh not at the Senior Bowl? Why wasn’t the Hogan dismissal announced? Why did Zach Wilson disappear after the Miami game? They don’t do themselves any favors by always hiding. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I agree to an extent. To your point on the QB, that is why I always said if Rodgers was QB, the oline would have been a much better unit than we witnessed this past year. You are absolutely correct in that statement. 

As for JD, my main gripe with him is his low dollar free agent spending on bottom of the barrel talent while also falling completely on his face in numerous draft picks, including the obvious Zach Wilson. JD had one really good draft that had largely masked many of his flaws. He needs to be better both at luring in high quality free agents while also hitting on more draft picks at a more consistent rate. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:05 PM, Maxman said:

So I have been in real life hell the past few weeks. I know about the story but was the bolded part, part of that? I thought Douglas wasn't mentioned?

I posted in another thread yesterday that this is the best case for the Jets. Douglas let other people make calls and he is back in charge. No idea if that is true but it is the best case scenario.

Woody's comments at NFL Honors seem to support the report.  He was asked about Rodgers having power within the org and Johnson said he's very impressed by Rodgers and his vision on how a team should be built and it's up to the team to interpret what AR is saying.  Seems there's no plan to let Douglas call all of the shots.

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2024 at 4:27 PM, T0mShane said:

She’s in Vegas with every personnel dude in the sport walking around drunk as sh*t and high as a kite. Vrabel got fired from Tennessee because he told the woman owner that he didn’t want to take marching orders from a preemie GM with no track record, and that’s very likely why he doesn’t have a job now—he’s not averse to telling ownership to go **** themselves. What’s harder to believe—that owners would be uneasy hiring a giant dude who’ll tell them to **** off or that Russini would make up the quote out of whole cloth just for kicks? 

Unless I missed something, which is possible as I'm not searching out a lot of news from other teams, it's important to note that it appears the Vrabel thing was based on a single quote from one person who sounded as if he was giving it his best guess as to why Vrabel didn't get a job.

Wasn't based on anyone with knowledge of his job search offering any inside info.

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2024 at 8:51 PM, jetswinbaby! said:

"The Jets are a dysfunctional mess"...

Who knew?...

We’ve been dysfunctional since 2012 when Woody decided to become shadow GM and traded for his hero Tim Tebow

0.0 playoff appearances and the worst record in the NFL since.  We are Al Davis totally scenile Raiders bad.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Woody's comments at NFL Honors seem to support the report.  He was asked about Rodgers having power within the org and Johnson said he's very impressed by Rodgers and his vision on how a team should be built and it's up to the team to interpret what AR is saying.  Seems there's no plan to let Douglas call all of the shots.

Honestly I don’t know who is a worse GM JD, Aaron or Woody.