NFL Combine NEWS + Reports (JD Press conference)

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Huh. Cimini’s tidbits today: The vibes are bad, they’re not replacing Alexander or Hogan, there’s gonna be a huge dead cap charge by the time they’re done cutting all the dead weight, and a former exec is blind-quoted as saying that Woody would have fired everyone were it not for being trapped by the Rodgers deal. Most interesting quote, though? 

7. Heeere's Robert: After initially planning to skip the combine for the third straight year, Saleh called an audible and was scheduled to arrive over the weekend. He's not there to evaluate prospects; he has a couple of meetings lined up. "A couple of interesting situations could present themselves," Douglas said cryptically.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

• Haha 3

Huh. Cimini’s tidbits today: The vibes are bad, they’re not replacing Alexander or Hogan, there’s gonna be a huge dead cap charge by the time they’re done cutting all the dead weight, and a former exec is blind-quoted as saying that Woody would have fired everyone were it not for being trapped by the Rodgers deal. Most interesting quote, though? 
7. Heeere's Robert: After initially planning to skip the combine for the third straight year, Saleh called an audible and was scheduled to arrive over the weekend. He's not there to evaluate prospects; he has a couple of meetings lined up. "A couple of interesting situations could present themselves," Douglas said cryptically.

As in trading Saleh ?? Please be true please be true please be true

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“Meetings” on golf courses, I assume.  The “interesting situations” being Saleh knocking off a couple more on his list.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Jets trade Saleh AND Aaron Rodgers to the Broncos (who don’t currently have a DC or a QB) for pick 11. Jets will eat $49 million on Rodgers’ deal in 2025 if they don’t consummate the trade until June 2nd, which is fine considering the alternative is Rodgers counting $51 million in ‘25 anyway, and it’s probably <30% chance he’s here after this year in any event. 

2. Hire Vrabel.

3. Jets draft Fuaga and McCarthy at 10/11 and—even though McCarthy busts—at least it resets the clock. 

As wild as it may seem, if woody has told douglas he wants another qb, then anything is possible.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Either Saleh is recruiting FA’s or is finding himself a new job. Wonder how pissed Woody was that he was blowing off the combine. Is he even there or was that BS?

It’s weird that he’s there for “meetings” but not for the prospects. What does that even mean? 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

As wild as it may seem, if woody has told douglas he wants another qb, then anything is possible.  

You could see Woody souring on Rodgers—the Big Pharma stuff, the RFK stuff, Rodgers’ no-doubt unwillingness to kiss the ring, the inability to bring Rodgers around his financier friends for fear he’s going to embarrass him. Add to that the massive checks he’s had to write for Rodgers already—with zero return—and you could see a scenario where Woody might be amenable to tossing him out of the building. He paid for Rodgers and the Jets are a national punchline right now. That’s gotta sting

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

You could see Woody souring on Rodgers—the Big Pharma stuff, the RFK stuff, Rodgers’ no-doubt unwillingness to kiss the ring, the inability to bring Rodgers around his financier friends for fear he’s going to embarrass him. Add to that the massive checks he’s had to write for Rodgers already—with zero return—and you could see a scenario where Woody might be amenable to tossing him out of the building. He paid for Rodgers and the Jets are a national punchline right now. That’s gotta sting
Even to Woody 50m is considerable cash

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It may go down as the biggest waste of resources of all time. They could have just properly allocated resources to help the offense while sticking with Mike White and a cheap veteran for 2023 until the right young QB opportunity presented itself. Sustainable building without mortgaging the future and ignoring the glaring issues. What do I know. I’m not an “expert”. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Lmao

Woody still listening to us, he’s making sure that we understand that he don’t want these clowns around and he hears our cries 

😂😂😂

Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if he puts certain restrictions on JD so he can’t completely nuke our future 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Money hurts, but with woody it’s more about the embarrassment and perception.  And i do think he knows he’s only a good qb away from changing how the jets are perceived.  So if he’s sitting there with the 10th pick, rodgers just missed the entire season and his health is an even bigger question mark than it was last august, maybe woody is in Douglas’ ear saying scout the heck out of these qbs, and let’s regroup in early april.  It’s still not the likely scenario, but woody is on record as saying he wants offense, they still have no backup qb, and teams like houston just found a franchise qb and changed their fortunes.  Would not surprise me if the jets signed some vet OL and then surprised at the draft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

This is pure fantasy. Go back to bashing Wilson.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Money hurts, but with woody it’s more about the embarrassment and perception.  And i do think he knows he’s only a good qb away from changing how the jets are perceived.  So if he’s sitting there with the 10th pick, rodgers just missed the entire season and his health is an even bigger question mark than it was last august, maybe woody is in Douglas’ ear saying scout the heck out of these qbs, and let’s regroup in early april.  It’s still not the likely scenario, but woody is on record as saying he wants offense, they still have no backup qb, and teams like houston just found a franchise qb and changed their fortunes.  Would not surprise me if the jets signed some vet OL and then surprised at the draft. 

This 

Add on that next years QB class completely sucks, I think we have to take a QB this year

I wouldn’t mind a QB in the first tbh 

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It may go down as the biggest waste of resources of all time. They could have just properly allocated resources to help the offense while sticking with Mike White and a cheap veteran for 2023 until the right young QB opportunity presented itself. Sustainable building without mortgaging the future and ignoring the glaring issues. What do I know. I’m not an “expert”. 

I was pro-sign-any-POS-elite-QB and completely, disgustingly, unforgivably debased myself for Deshaun Watson and, to a lesser extent, Rodgers, but the truth is, and was, that no one gives up a supposedly elite QB without ample cause. The dudes who said to just sign Brissett or whoever were right. It wasn’t worth it to bring Rodgers in simply to save a pair of skinbags like Saleh and Douglas.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was pro-sign-any-POS-elite-QB and completely, disgustingly, unforgivably debased myself for Deshaun Watson and, to a lesser extent, Rodgers, but the truth is, and was, that no one gives up a supposedly elite QB without ample cause. The dudes who said to just sign Brissett or whoever were right. It wasn’t worth it to bring Rodgers in simply to save a pair of skinbags like Saleh and Douglas.

I’m completely against cutting corners unless you are truly 1 player away but even that defeats the purpose of sustainable success and being a top 10-12 team year in and year out. Eventually things will break in your favor with proper resource management and not blowing your future. Eventually, they’d find a rookie QB that would take the team over the top while on a rookie deal. Build everything but the QB first while a veteran gets the team through that stage. Then take cracks at rookie QBs. It’s not difficult. 

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is pure fantasy. Go back to bashing Wilson.

Yeah, it won’t happen, but it’d be cool if it did!

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

if you think we are a punchline now it would be ten times worst if he got rid of Rodgers.

all the money and high draft picks we gave up for him and he only played 4 plays and you got tired of him? and for what? because he got hurt and not because of his play on the field. only to replace him with another top 10 pick who we always get wrong? there would be nothing worst than that.

and the message it would send to the top FAs and not just this year but for however long he owns this team. 

and i think we both know how Woody and Rodgers think. they are aligned with all the off field stuff so i wouldnt worry about that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

So Woody "MADE" JD acquire Rodgers (despite "making" JD draft Wilson for JetBlue).

Now Woody is "MAKING" JD trade Rodgers.

JD:  Innocent Victim, Powerless.  Pity him (and keep paying him)?

Wow, this forum some days is sooooooo lol.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

So Woody "MADE" JD acquire Rodgers (despite "making" JD draft Wilson for JetBlue).

Now Woody is "MAKING" JD trade Rodgers.

JD:  Innocent Victim, Powerless.  Pity him (and keep paying him)?

Wow, this forum some days is sooooooo lol.

Yeah, that’s how this team seems to be run.  Woody wants Tebow, woody wants wilson, woody wants….

• Haha 3

if you think we are a punchline now it would be ten times worst if he got rid of Rodgers.
all the money and high draft picks we gave up for him and he only played 4 plays and you got tired of him? and for what? because he got hurt and not because of his play on the field. only to replace him with another top 10 pick who we always get wrong? there would be nothing worst than that.
and the message it would send to the top FAs and not just this year but for however long he owns this team. 
and i think we both know how Woody and Rodgers think. they are aligned with all the off field stuff so i wouldnt worry about that. 
All excellent points. And if Woody was really done with Rodgers he would have fired the entire coaching staff after the season. The scenario Tom laid out was so ******* ludicrous.
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

Mmmmm nope. Picture this scene: Rodgers at a Montauk fundraiser in mid-July. Woody introduces him to David Solomon, Lloyd Blankfein, and Jamie Dimon at the shrimp cocktail tower in the middle of the banquet floor. How far into that greeting do they get before Rodgers starts interrogating them about Epstein Island and HAARP? Ten seconds? I mean, if I’m a billionaire, I’d drop $50 mil to avoid that awkwardness.  Hell, maybe $60 mil. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yeah, that’s how this team seems to be run.  Woody wants Tebow, woody wants wilson, woody wants….

Nope. 

It's just the usual situation of Jets fans not holding the actual players and decision makers, the QB, the GM and Head Coach, accountable for their failings.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Mmmmm nope. Picture this scene: Rodgers at a Montauk fundraiser in mid-July. Woody introduces him to David Solomon, Lloyd Blankfein, and Jamie Dimon at the shrimp cocktail tower in the middle of the banquet floor. How far into that greeting do they get before Rodgers starts interrogating them about Epstein Island and HAARP? Ten seconds? I mean, if I’m a billionaire, I’d drop $50 mil to avoid that awkwardness.  Hell, maybe $60 mil. 

Rodgers is weird, not stupid. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nope. 

It's just the usual situation of Jets fans not holding the actual players and decision makers, the QB, the GM and Head Coach, accountable for their failings.

They’re all accountable, but if woody says i want a qb, there’s a good chance they’re getting a qb.  That’s my only point here. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'm not sure how many fans know about what really goes on at the combine but it's really just one big party.  These dudes all go and have dinner to talk biz and then go hard every night at the bars.  It's almost more of a time for GM/scouts/coaches to mix it up and start planting seeds, push propaganda, etc. then it is to evaluate prospects.  Also, there are just as many hired individual coaches that players use ie; John Beck, Denny Thompson's of the world, etc, as there are NFL people and there are way more media personalities than anything else.  Like, I'm just not now watching some reruns of the Qb's and look at who's on the field.  It's not NFL peeps.  It's media and random 3rd party position coaches.

So, not many HC's value the combine and lets be real, you dont need to see the action anyway, you can just look at the results if you really value it or now if you really want to see it, just watch the NFLN.  The value comes from the one on one time w/ prospects which many HC's do leave up to the GM/scouts/position coaches and wait for prodays and visits to have their time w/ the prospect. 

Figured I'd just educate the masses if this wasnt known.  Not really so much a defense of Saleh but this news isnt surprise if you understand the mechanics of the combine.

• Upvote 2

Just when you thought it couldn't getting any dumber.99329ebcc1e3c8053ff6378af946954c.gif
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So basically a big trade is looking to go down. Good lord what are they gonna do. 

• Upvote 2