Time for a reality check! What will the Jets need to give up in the draft to be able to trade away Zach Wilson?

7 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

What’s your point exactly? Zach Wilson is good? Or we should keep him on the roster? 

I personally don’t think a better oline suddenly makes Zach Wilson look like a competent qb. He was bottom of the barrel qb for 3 years straight. Time to move on. 

I think there's at least a chance he's good.  Imo, he was a bottom of the barrel QB his 1st 2 years.  Last year I think he improved, but was given an atrocious supporting cast (and that includes the CS).  Again the fact that we're overhauling the OL and WRs tells you that JD thinks the same about them.  If not, then why would a HOF QB need such major improvements?

Or we should keep him on the roster? 

I can't imagine a scenario where they bring ZW back next year so that's off the table.

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think there's at least a chance he's good.  Imo, he was a bottom of the barrel QB his 1st 2 years.  Last year I think he improved, but was given an atrocious supporting cast (and that includes the CS).  Again the fact that we're overhauling the OL and WRs tells you that JD thinks the same about them.  If not, then why would a HOF QB need such major improvements?

I can't imagine a scenario where they bring ZW back next year so that's off the table.

Fair enough.

Maybe he did improve a little bit last year but not enough to make me think that he has a future in this league. Not saying it isn’t possible, but I just don’t see it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Fair enough.

Maybe he did improve a little bit last year but not enough to make me think that he has a future in this league. Not saying it isn’t possible, but I just don’t see it. 

He was demonstrably better than the two other guys and showed more physical talent ... so you have to think he has a chance to at least latch on as a backup. 

So it's down to: 1) release him outright and eat the dead cap hit, 2) attach a late pic to send him somewhere, or 3) keep him as the most expensive QB3 in history. Number 3 might be the best of the worst solutions since his money is already figured into the cap. Let him not even dress, i.e. deactivate him every week.  No way I'm giving up a pick just to dump him. 

8 minutes ago, RockyM said:

Number 3 might be the best of the worst solutions since his money is already figured into the cap. Let him not even dress, i.e. deactivate him every week.  No way I'm giving up a pick just to dump him. 

I'd give up a 2025 or '26 conditional 7th just to lessen his cap hit and free up a spot on the 53.

You're trading a relatively worthless pick for cap space and the ability to carry a useful player on your roster.

I remember when the Jets decided to cut Danny Woodhead and Belichick claimed him off waivers.

Bro caught like 100 passes or whatever from Brady after Tannenbaum let him go.

45 minutes ago, RockyM said:

So it's down to: 1) release him outright and eat the dead cap hit, 2) attach a late pic to send him somewhere, or 3) keep him as the most expensive QB3 in history. Number 3 might be the best of the worst solutions since his money is already figured into the cap. Let him not even dress, i.e. deactivate him every week.  No way I'm giving up a pick just to dump him. 

The Cowboys are doing option 3 with Lance