Joe Milton - Taysom Hill v2.0?

From everything I have read, he is a freakish athlete with a rocket arm but that accuracy and decision making could be an issue.

If that's the case, given his size (6'5, 235) and athletic ability, would you draft him (5th round or later) and try to develop him as a TE/slash player like a Taysom Hill where you can line him up anywhere on offense?

If the idea is to develop a player by sitting him behind established vets, and letting him get coached up for multiple seasons, this is the kind of player you take.  Take the kid with elite measurables and see if you can teach him how to play NFL qb behind the scenes. 

I mean, it wouldn't hurt to have a couple designed packages for him to play Kaepernick in the meantime.  

On 3/28/2024 at 12:44 PM, Greenseed4 said:

If the idea is to develop a player by sitting him behind established vets, and letting him get coached up for multiple seasons, this is the kind of player you take.  Take the kid with elite measurables and see if you can teach him how to play NFL qb behind the scenes. 

I mean, it wouldn't hurt to have a couple designed packages for him to play Kaepernick in the meantime.  

I don't mind taking a shot but I think it's a long shot. The guy has elite measurables and no one wants him. Tells me he sucks at processing and that's the most important trait for an NFL QB.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't mind taking a shot but I think it's a long shot. The guy has elite measurables and no one wants him. Tells me he sucks at processing and that's the most important trait for an NFL QB.

Agree. A late round flyer at most. With his measurables, there's a chance he can be a football player, but probably not a full-time QB. A gadget QB at best probably.

On 3/27/2024 at 12:14 PM, CTJetsFan said:

From everything I have read, he is a freakish athlete with a rocket arm but that accuracy and decision making could be an issue.

If that's the case, given his size (6'5, 235) and athletic ability, would you draft him (5th round or later) and try to develop him as a TE/slash player like a Taysom Hill where you can line him up anywhere on offense?

Diehard Vols fan here watched this guys every start. Do not touch him for our Jets. He's garbage. Football IQ is worse than ZW, great arm but can't hit the ocean from the beach. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane, honest comparison is Jamarcus Russell. Milton will be out of the league in 4 years mark it down. Took a team that should have had the chance to win the SEC and underachieved horribly.

• Upvote 2