Tackle or Receiver in round 1?

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I prefer taking down to you and making you all bellyache about the mean ape who won’t listen to you.

Taking down to me huh? Ape is right. Although I'm pretty sure I've seen some apes who could properly understand what a double standard is. You must be more of the baboon type.

I was always led to believe that Mr. Rodgers was a man of Integrity or was it Integrity is the definition of Mr. Rodgers...

...something like that being that we're all in the same boat as long suffering Jets Fans who like brothers have learned to put up with each others *%!#...

Can't wait until this first pick is over so we can move on to the minor, less heated skirmishes that come with later picks... 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

I was always led to believe that Mr. Rodgers was a man of Integrity or was it Integrity is the definition of Mr. Rodgers...

...something like that being that we're all in the same boat as long suffering Jets Fans who like brothers have learned to put up with each others *%!#...

Can't wait until this first pick is over so we can move on to the minor, less heated skirmishes that come with later picks... 

Jets fandom does horrible things to a man. Truly, we are all living on the very edge of civility. 

No doubt we'll be back at it by training camp.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Taking down to me huh? Ape is right. Although I'm pretty sure I've seen some apes who could properly understand what a double standard is. You must be more of the baboon type.

I’m more the knuckles on the floor, poop in the wall, foot on your nutsack type.

You dtf or wut?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Jason has nerd numbers 

I don't love this take. For one thing, lumping the whole 1st round together is a little silly, the difference between the top 10 and the 25-32 picks can be so vast. A RB at pick 5 may be silly, if not obscene, but the best RB in the draft going to a contending team at 29 isn't at all. Players like Micah Parsons, Kyle Hamilton and Jahmyr Gibbs justify their high selections every year.

I like the premise of the whole "premium position" idea, and I think most teams, particularly those rebuilding, are wise to use it as a guideline. But special players exist at all positions, and saying there's "never" a reason to take one is extreme. Hopefully it is hyperbole because NFL GMs prove this wrong almost every year. 

On 4/14/2024 at 1:16 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

Unless one of the top 3 receivers drop, it should be tackle - whether @ ten or in a trade down.

Maximize Breece Hall, he's the best player on the team.

Ideally? Fautanu @ 10 and Kiran Amegdajie on day 2. 

I prefer Fautanu also, but the Jets might prefer Fashanu because they are so quiet about him, thoughts?

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

I prefer Fautanu also, but the Jets might prefer Fashanu because they are so quiet about him, thoughts?

Idk what’s up with that new info about Fautanu’s knee maybe being a problem? 

Fuaga is probably more likely than Fashanu. I think they want the mean streak/nastiness. Also, there has been smoke linking us with Fuaga for months now. 

I’m good with it, especially since Fuaga is probably much more of a help to Breece than Fashanu, and if they truly love Carter Warren’s development, than Fuaga is an heir apparent @ RT with Carter at Left.