Post Draft AFC East Positional Rankings

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Now do GW! 😁
The real ? is, how many balls were even catchable with Zach. Outside the numbers and screens were normally horrendous 

GW had 66 catches off 117 targets in games with Zach (56.5%) and 29/51 in games without 57%). 

Might be 1 or 2 catches difference here and there based on games that were started and not finished by the same QB, but unlikely to make a big difference.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jamesr said:

GW had 66 catches off 117 targets in games with Zach (56.5%) and 29/51 in games without 57%). 

Might be 1 or 2 catches difference here and there based on games that were started and not finished by the same QB, but unlikely to make a big difference.

Expect to see this number improve to over 65%

18 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

So splitting carries between two slightly above average backs is better than giving the load to the best in the NFL?

You would trade RB rooms with them if you could?

Relax Breece, we still love you. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Could say the exact same about Saleh, I guess? ;-)  

You've seen 3 years of Saleh and have written him off as worst in the league, but 3 years of Zach leaves you wanting to see more? :shock:

You tell me then.  Which AFC HC's is he better than?

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You tell me then.  Which AFC HC's is he better than?

By what measure do we rank coaches? That's the bit I struggle with.

I said in an earlier post, most of these guys are so similar there isn't a lot between them. Aside from a select few who are a clear step above the others, the rest I would group together and trying to separate them would be pointless. I'd say he's on a par with something like 11 or 12 of the 15 other AFC coaches. To try to say he's 8th vs 12th vs 15th is an exercise in futility. In my opinion.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

So splitting carries between two slightly above average backs is better than giving the load to the best in the NFL?

You would trade RB rooms with them if you could?

Dolphins led the league in YPC in 2023. They joint-led the league in rushing TDs. They led the league in runs of 40+ yards. 

Not saying I'd swap RB rooms with them, but their rushing game is one of the very best in the league. And yes, I realise there are a number of factors in play here, but the RB still has to play a sizeable part in their success.

7 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

So you would trade our room for theirs?

No, I’m as big of a breece homer as anyone. But when breece needs a breather, if breece misses a game, the guys behind him are complete unknowns. The dolphins have several guys on the roster that have proven to be productive. Their depth is better than ours. Mostert, achane, and Jeff Wilson have shown they can play in the NFL to some extent. That’s why you can give them the edge. They have 3, we have 1. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

You’re delusional if you think jets have top three roster .   It’s May-  it’s months before the season starts , so this is your time to dream big .   So dream away. 

mooning sunday drive GIF by Scorpion Dagger

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jamesr said:

By what measure do we rank coaches? That's the bit I struggle with.

I said in an earlier post, most of these guys are so similar there isn't a lot between them. Aside from a select few who are a clear step above the others, the rest I would group together and trying to separate them would be pointless. I'd say he's on a par with something like 11 or 12 of the 15 other AFC coaches. To try to say he's 8th vs 12th vs 15th is an exercise in futility. In my opinion.

I'd have plenty of trouble ranking them 1-16 so I don't disagree with your point in bold.  You definitely hold Saleh in higher regard than I do though.  Maybe it's me being biased against him.  Let me put up a poll and see what the forum thinks.

32 minutes ago, extmenace said:

No, I’m as big of a breece homer as anyone. But when breece needs a breather, if breece misses a game, the guys behind him are complete unknowns. The dolphins have several guys on the roster that have proven to be productive. Their depth is better than ours. Mostert, achane, and Jeff Wilson have shown they can play in the NFL to some extent. That’s why you can give them the edge. They have 3, we have 1. 

Jeff Wilson? Really? 

6 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Jeff Wilson? Really? 

A bit injury prone but averaging around 4.5 yards per carry over his career. Not saying he is breece hall good, but he’s definitely proven he can be a functional piece in an RB committee.

this isn’t a let’s compare each rb on the dolphins roster to breece. This is about the dolphins rb room vs the rest of the AFCE.

31 minutes ago, extmenace said:

A bit injury prone but averaging around 4.5 yards per carry over his career. Not saying he is breece hall good, but he’s definitely proven he can be a functional piece in an RB committee.

this isn’t a let’s compare each rb on the dolphins roster to breece. This is about the dolphins rb room vs the rest of the AFCE.

RB isn’t WR, there is rarely more than one on the field. Breece is getting 70%+ of our carries which automatically makes it the #1 RB ranking in the division