Post Draft AFC East Positional Rankings

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As far as the AFC (which is more what I'm concerned with), I'd love to know which HC's (leaving out rookies like Brian Callahan and Jerod Mayo, since they have no track record) people think Saleh is better than.  Honestly, I don't think I'd put Saleh above any of them.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/list-of-current-nfl-head-coaches/

image.thumb.png.5e158b586c3b5fc3a28161523a351bd4.png

Of course you wouldn't. You blame him for not squeezing a gem from a pile of dog sh*t. Can't wait to hear your tune when Saleh wins the division and his quarterback isn't a dumpster fire.

45 minutes ago, extmenace said:

We defintley have the best RB in the division, but the unit after him is a complete unknown. The dolphins, have a few proven guys. I can see the argument for the dolphins in that department....

So you would trade our room for theirs?

47 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I thought Pierce had a really good first year (especially considering he took over mid-season).  He even beat Saleh head-to-head!

But he is essentially still a rookie HC so we do have to see how that plays out.  

Did Saleh throw that pick at the LV 20 with 1:22 left in the game?

15 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Of course you wouldn't. You blame him for not squeezing a gem from a pile of dog sh*t. Can't wait to hear your tune when Saleh wins the division and his quarterback isn't a dumpster fire.

Oh, was QB the only change that happened this offseason?   I recall 3/5 of our starting OL (including both OT) were replaced.  We also drafted another OT at 1.10.  We also signed a WR2 (to play over the punt returner we had playing WR2 last year).  We also traded up for a WR at 3.1.  We also drafted 2 RBs.

But if our offense improves this year, it was "only because of our QB".

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Oh, was QB the only change that happened this offseason?   I recall 3/5 of our starting OL (including both OT) were replaced.  We also drafted another OT at 1.10.  We also signed a WR2 (to play over the punt returner we had playing WR2 last year).  We also traded up for a WR at 3.1.  We also drafted 2 RBs.

Let's say Wilson got to play with these changes and you generously give him 10 points towards his passer rating. Guess what. He still would be God awful. He dragged down every offensive player around him. He had guys open last year and he just didn't see them.  Nothing is going to change that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Let's say Wilson got to play with these changes and you generously give him 10 points towards his passer rating. Guess what. He still would be God awful. He dragged down every offensive player around him. He had guys open last year and he just didn't see them.  Nothing is going to change that.

If Zach stunk again with the offense that we're going to give AR8 this coming year (assuming we stay reasonably healthy) then I would fully admit that I was 100% wrong about him.

He had guys open last year and he just didn't see them

Probably true.  And I'm not saying he doesn't need major improvement.  But I still say that some of it was that he was under so much pressure with our pathetic OL and he had no trust in our WRs outside of GW that it probably alters a QB's approach.  I was literally just watching highlights of the Raider game that you mentioned and the first thing I saw was Gipson dropping an easy completion.

New_York_Jets_vs_Las_Vegas_Raiders__2023_Week_10_Game_Highli.gif.1e7121653ae2f1e86e110190a54a74a5.gif

31 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I think they forgot about the Defensive positions.

Minor oversight.

32 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I think they forgot about the Defensive positions.

Minor oversight.

Click the Twitter link & you’ll see all positional rankings.

13 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I guess they consider the duo of Mostert & Archane above Breece Hall & two rookies and Izzy

The good news is that we run our #2 RB against their #4 DL and LBs, while they run their #1 group against our #1 DL and LBs. Not that all these preseason rankings aren’t bull****, lol. 

41 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

So you would trade our room for theirs?

I love me some Breece, so probably not. But if I were a fish fan, I wouldn’t want to trade, either. Achane is a dude who needs to be accounted for on every snap, and they added another speed demon in the draft. That’s an enticing room. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

We have the best RB in the NFL but dolphins are #1? 

13 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

So splitting carries between two slightly above average backs is better than giving the load to the best in the NFL?

You would trade RB rooms with them if you could?

Star Trek GIF

We just fumigated for the last of the Zachers'....

Please. Stop.

48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Zach stunk again with the offense that we're going to give AR8 this coming year (assuming we stay reasonably healthy) then I would fully admit that I was 100% wrong about him.

Probably true.  And I'm not saying he doesn't need major improvement.  But I still say that some of it was that he was under so much pressure with our pathetic OL and he had no trust in our WRs outside of GW that it probably alters a QB's approach.  I was literally just watching highlights of the Raider game that you mentioned and the first thing I saw was Gipson dropping an easy completion.

New_York_Jets_vs_Las_Vegas_Raiders__2023_Week_10_Game_Highli.gif.1e7121653ae2f1e86e110190a54a74a5.gif

Really? That's what you would need to see in order to admit you were 100% wrong about Zach Wilson? 😅

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, slats said:

The good news is that we run our #2 RB against their #4 DL and LBs, while they run their #1 group against our #1 DL and LBs. Not that all these preseason rankings aren’t bull****, lol. 

I love me some Breece, so probably not. But if I were a fish fan, I wouldn’t want to trade, either. Achane is a dude who needs to be accounted for on every snap, and they added another speed demon in the draft. That’s an enticing room. 

In both losses to Miami last year, we got steamrolled for 400 & 300 yards respectively. 7 total NY turnovers. I expect more competitiveness from this team, but make no mistake, Miami is the team to beat. Buffalo’s window has passed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Did Saleh throw that pick at the LV 20 with 1:22 left in the game?

Yes, he was saddled with bad QB play but what exactly did Saleh do to win games? His teams were often unprepared to start games and his clock management sucks. 2 years ago his team fell apart and lost their last 6 games. Last year when they were 4-3 and with a chance to be in first with a win at home against a bad Charges team they were simple dreadful and got their asses kicked on national tv then proceeded to lose 5 straight to ruin their season. Other coaches get more from their rosters. This bum is 18-33 after 3 seasons. Even Gase did a better job with a worse roster. Saleh is a bad HC. 

The only worrisome ranking is coaching. Saleh is the only thing that can ruin this season, barring injury of course. Not to agree with Woody, but what he said Super Bowl week,” everyone tells me that we have so many good players” points out the obvious fly in the ointment. And he is 100% right.

26 minutes ago, section314 said:

The only worrisome ranking is coaching. Saleh is the only thing that can ruin this season, barring injury of course. Not to agree with Woody, but what he said Super Bowl week,” everyone tells me that we have so many good players” points out the obvious fly in the ointment. And he is 100% right.

Saleh is the 2nd best coach in this division and after we win 13 games this year and win the division, he will be the BEST coach in this division.

Get ready Jet fans!!!  The best team since 1998 is here!!!!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Really? That's what you would need to see in order to admit you were 100% wrong about Zach Wilson? 😅

I understand all of the criticism of the guy.  I was with all of the critics the first 2 years (and even early this year).  But fwiw, I feel like I saw something this year.  Regardless, I don't think it was going to work out here (and picking up his 5th year option would've made no sense when he's the 3rd stringer).  But I still do want to see what he'll look like in a better situation elsewhere (assuming he even gets the chance).

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

looks like he threw to the wrong shoulder?

23 minutes ago, jago said:

looks like he threw to the wrong shoulder?

Or Gipson dropped it.

9 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Zach was robbed of 2 passing yards!

YAC?  And it's more embarrassing that our WR2 last year couldn't catch a 2 yard pass that hit him right in the hands.

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Or Gipson dropped it.

YAC?  And it's more embarrassing that our WR2 last year couldn't catch a 2 yard pass that hit him right in the hands.

Should I go find all the terrible passes Zach threw last year? We will be here a while.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxBpnvdc2Rj2sRpZQ6SIuUXcijpbchodLh?si=dnSap-67CMPdvtd-

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

You're trying way too hard. 

It's the truth. 

Tua is clearly better than what Rodgers was the last time we saw him play in GB.  This really shouldn't even be a question.

There's also a very good chance by the end of the year Maye will be playing at a higher level than 41 year old Rodgers.

Not trying anything - this is reality.  The sooner you guys start to accept that the less disappointed you all will be.

17 hours ago, Larz said:

Jets are top 3 roster in the league and a threat for the 2 seed in the playoffs. 

Best roster in the division 

You’re delusional if you think jets have top three roster .   It’s May-  it’s months before the season starts , so this is your time to dream big .   So dream away. 

17 hours ago, Larz said:

Jets are top 3 roster in the league and a threat for the 2 seed in the playoffs. 

Best roster in the division 

You’re delusional if you think jets have top three roster .   It’s May-  it’s months before the season starts , so this is your time to dream big .   So dream away. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Or Gipson dropped it.

Gipson had 4 games where he averaged >10 ypc. 2 were with Zach, 1 with Boyle, 1 with Siemian. 

He caught 6/10 targets with Zach (60%) and 15/28 targets without Zach (53.5%).  (EDIT - amended after I realised Zach was QB in the Houston game ... where Gipson had 1/1 for 3 yards).

Tough to look at that and say that Zach suffered unduly because of Xavier Gipson.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I understand all of the criticism of the guy.  I was with all of the critics the first 2 years (and even early this year).  But fwiw, I feel like I saw something this year.  Regardless, I don't think it was going to work out here (and picking up his 5th year option would've made no sense when he's the 3rd stringer).  But I still do want to see what he'll look like in a better situation elsewhere (assuming he even gets the chance).

Could say the exact same about Saleh, I guess? ;-)  

You've seen 3 years of Saleh and have written him off as worst in the league, but 3 years of Zach leaves you wanting to see more? :shock:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Gipson had 4 games where he averaged >10 ypc. 2 were with Zach, 1 with Boyle, 1 with Siemian. 

He caught 5/9 target with Zach (55.5%) and 16/29 targets post-Zach (55%).

Tough to look at that and say that Zach suffered unduly because of Xavier Gipson.

Now do GW! 😁
The real ? is, how many balls were even catchable with Zach. Outside the numbers and screens were normally horrendous 

Edited by 32EBoozer

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How do you see the season progressing if AR8 goes down on the first drive of the season again?  Playoffs, Super Bowl????

4 hours ago, slats said:

I agree with two caveats.

1.  With our rotation, they will run most certainly run their #1 group against our #4DL. 

2. As someone that drafted Achane in fantasy last year, I can tell you that he does not have to be accounted for on quite every snap since he spends the bulk of his time dinged.  When he's not?  Look out.