The Rodgers Trade is Complete. Here’s a Look How Each Team Fared

I think the proper way to evaluate this trade is to ask, if given a time machine:
1. Would Green Bay make this trade again? Safe to say, 100% yes.
2. Would the Jets make this trade again? Probably 50/50? 
Ask this next Jan

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

Nobody has mentioned the toll on last years roster caused by bringing in all Aaron’s buddies from Green Bay, none of whom was worth a damn.
That actually HELPED us. It allowed us to see the many flaws in the roster that was overlooked and overshadowed by the Rogers acquisition. Him getting hurt forced Bug Boy to get some real reinforcements. It allowed us to use the draft for back ups and fill ins. Flopping horribly last year on offense embarrassed the gm enough to cast off zackie poo.

It was a toilet flush of a season that we truly needed.

I agree drafting Love at the time was ridiculous . Now Im sure they are happy currently but first lets see if Love can continue the good QB play with a season of Film on him. He only started playing really good in the second half of last season, as did the entire team, but thats usually the time frame for a team to start playing well, about mid season.  Im pretty sure no one in Green Bay is currently saying , "boy we should have never drafted Love"  
This.

Because Love had half a good season people are giving him a heck of a lot of kudos. Very much like I say about all Qb's... Let me see you do it consistently. Do it 2 or 3 years before we call it a win.

People in Cleveland thought Baker was taking then to the SB after his rookie year too.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers gives you no shot at a championship ? You for real ?
Yeah I thought the same thing and would love to know how he is so confident that AR is the worst qb we can possibly have at this point and he gives us the same chance to win as zackie poo did. I. E. No chance

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ptisme said:

And yet we beat KC last year.   BTW I’d take the Packers collection of skill players (none in rd 1) over what the Jets gave Rodgers 

Did you actually watch that game?

First off, bfd, the Jets would've beaten them, too, if not for refs + Zach fumbling.

Second, he threw two short TDs that I could've thrown lefty. Other than those, the two biggest difference-making plays = Love threw a chuck & duck up into triple (maybe quadruple) coverage & his guy came down with it. On the other end, Mahomes was about to put them on the 10 with 40 seconds to throw the game-tying TD (which he usually throws) and the refs let GB's DB jump on MVS's back before the ball got there with no flag. 

The next game Love laid an egg and got badly outplayed by the great Tommy Cutlets in a loss to the sorry-ass Giants, so make of one game what you will.

Oh, and they also beat Carolina + the Cousins-less Vikings + Chicago to eke out a whopping 9 wins and a 3-way tie breaker over two other teams that won just as many.

If you want to act as though it's to his credit that the Packers won 9 games, it's then fair to say it's his fault they lost 8 of them, too, despite the Packers supporting him with a top 10 defense (GB surrendered fewer points than the Jets last year). With an equivalent-quality defense, that's merely two more wins than the Jets got with the comical QB trio of Zach + Boyle + Siemien. As each team's KC-game outcome could've easily gone the other way, it makes the separation that much less impressive. 

I'm just having fun with this & am not even arguing Love isn't a good QB. These things are all downwind of the original error of pissing away two serious chances of a championship (or two) by having the only other receiving options in two guys in Lazard & MVS who have put on clinics in dropping far too many game-changing passes that hit them right in their hands. Left him with just one receiver - great as Adams is, it's also easier to defend him when the others aren't nearly up to par (particularly against good teams, like they face in the playoffs). It was gross negligence. 

• Upvote 1

How many super bowls have CeeDee Lamb and Justin Jefferson won?  Would have been nice to be drafting in the teens to take one of those players.  It could be argued Devante Adams was the best WR in the game.   Better than either of those two.   Just about every heart breaking playoff loss we've had Rodgers played meh most of the game and then threw up some garbage time stats after the game was decided.    Anyone who watched the playoffs those years would back that up.
You left out the playing WITH Rogers and Adams. Not with Prescott as the QB or Cousins. The argument is how many they would have won playing together.

That matters a bit.

Couldn't disagree more.  After that great draft class, we had a small window where we could try to swing big.  Carr would've been a complete waste of time.  I was saying we should try to bring in TB12 (unlikely he'd come here but worth it to ask) but, if not him, then try to trade for Rodgers. 
What people don't get is that we might've actually been fortunate that AR8 got hurt early last year.  We kept our 1st rounder and we got a top 10 pick.  With that pathetic OL and WRs (behind GW) last year's team was nowhere near ready for a deep playoff run.  And if AR8 didn't get hurt in week 1, he likely would've been hurt the following week in Dallas.  
If AR plays 2-3 more years that injury was a blessing in disguise. We were NOT winning with that line last year so it's good that it happened early, he had a chance to recover, be ready for this season when we have added some reinforcements, he didn't play the 65% or whatever it was and then go down after we lose the first round pick.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Saying they were a player away is absolutely it nonsense when they keep getting bumped from the playoffs in one-score games and had just one starting receiver on the team, passing on either of two elite, future HOF WRs to use the pick on a backup QB to hold a clipboard for 3 years.

They took an offensive player in round one just 3x in Rodgers’s long career as starter there. One good OL, one bust OL, and Jordan Love. Some help that was for the offense.

The #1 goal is to win a championship, not to use the most premium pick to find a QB to take over 4 years after the franchise’s best-ever QB - still at the top of his game - is traded away. That makes no sense.

Also Love looked good, not amazing. He has a long way to go before his young career equals that of Carson Wentz.

I suppose they should take just a single non-bust, round-one player for Love’s career, too, and when they do take the next non-bust it should be for the post-Love era. Apparently that’s smart GMing, lol.

Love is going to predictably have a bad year. 

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Did you actually watch that game?

First off, bfd, the Jets would've beaten them, too, if not for refs + Zach fumbling.

Second, he threw two short TDs that I could've thrown lefty. Other than those, the two biggest difference-making plays = Love threw a chuck & duck up into triple (maybe quadruple) coverage & his guy came down with it. On the other end, Mahomes was about to put them on the 10 with 40 seconds to throw the game-tying TD (which he usually throws) and the refs let GB's DB jump on MVS's back before the ball got there with no flag. 

The next game Love laid an egg and got badly outplayed by the great Tommy Cutlets in a loss to the sorry-ass Giants, so make of one game what you will.

Oh, and they also beat Carolina + the Cousins-less Vikings + Chicago to eke out a whopping 9 wins and a 3-way tie breaker over two other teams that won just as many.

If you want to act as though it's to his credit that the Packers won 9 games, it's then fair to say it's his fault they lost 8 of them, too, despite the Packers supporting him with a top 10 defense (GB surrendered fewer points than the Jets last year). With an equivalent-quality defense, that's merely two more wins than the Jets got with the comical QB trio of Zach + Boyle + Siemien. As each team's KC-game outcome could've easily gone the other way, it makes the separation that much less impressive. 

I'm just having fun with this & am not even arguing Love isn't a good QB. These things are all downwind of the original error of pissing away two serious chances of a championship (or two) by having the only other receiving options in two guys in Lazard & MVS who have put on clinics in dropping far too many game-changing passes that hit them right in their hands. Left him with just one receiver - great as Adams is, it's also easier to defend him when the others aren't nearly up to par (particularly against good teams, like they face in the playoffs). It was gross negligence. 

You had to bring up Tommy Cutlets?    Terrible game.   Actually that six week rebuild was tough to handle.  Can’t imagine watching bad football an entire season

On 5/3/2024 at 5:08 PM, Larz said:

This is 99% of his motivation, proving that the Packers made a mistake. 

At this point he needs to at least make the AFC championship game 

And that’s a good thing 

It will have never been a mistake. They had to give Jordan love playing time. Even if he falls off a cliff this year, it was still the decision that had to be made. You don’t spend a first rounder on a QB and let him walk after 4-5 seasons without ever playing. 

He was Jordan love when he finally got his shot. He should understand the packers situation better than anyone. He had already been through it when Favre was on the roster.

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2024 at 7:00 PM, T0mShane said:

I think the proper way to evaluate this trade is to ask, if given a time machine:

1. Would Green Bay make this trade again? Safe to say, 100% yes.

2. Would the Jets make this trade again? Probably 50/50? 

That’s an excellent way to look at it.

However, I think the Jets are closer to 100% given how they felt they were a qb away. 

its only a win for the Jets if they get to the SB IMO

• Upvote 1