JD Declined Trade Down w/Rams From 10

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I mean, articulating those preferences ahead of the draft as a means of post-draft rationalizing what actually happened would be a pretty cool super power to have

Having had a different opinion before the draft doesn’t mean the word salad you’re using to convince yourself isn’t rationalization. 

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Having had a different opinion before the draft doesn’t mean the word salad you’re using to convince yourself isn’t rationalization. 

Ape, you should go back and reread what I wrote. I said I had the same opinion before the draft, not a different one.

14 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Ape, you should go back and reread what I wrote. I said I had the same opinion before the draft, not a different one.

I’m talking about your opinion befire vs. after. I read it just fine. Your opinion change and explanation for the after-draft seems like a lot of self-convincing rationalization.

The trade down to 11 was the better plan.  The pick was whatever.

The real problem was winning 3 meaningless games (especially the WSH/NE games) in December/January to cost us Odunze.  It's what the Jets do best...

• Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The real problem was winning 3 meaningless games (especially the WSH/NE games) in December/January to cost us Odunze.  It's what the Jets do best...

The culture we built was worth it.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1-0 in 2024 babyyyyy

How do you explain it to guys like Breece, Gardner, Wilson, Q, and all the other guys that don't want to tolerate losing that you are not going to do your best to try and win games, even when all is lost? If Breece truly valued the better draft pick, he would have been falling down a yard after he got the ball.

No true winner is going to accept losing on purpose. The Jets biggest crime is not having the absolutely worst personnel in the league and truly deserving the worse record. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm old enough to remember when those wins "cost us" a shot at Alt or Fashanu...

Wanting to lose games is for losers. Just win games, and draft better.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

How do you explain it to guys like Breece, Gardner, Wilson, Q, and all the other guys that don't want to tolerate losing that you are not going to do your best to try and win games, even when all is lost? If Breece truly valued the better draft pick, he would have been falling down a yard after he got the ball.

No true winner is going to accept losing on purpose. The Jets biggest crime is not having the absolutely worst personnel in the league and truly deserving the worse record. 

You "explain it" by not giving Breece Hall nearly 40 touches in a meaningless game.

48 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I'm old enough to remember when those wins "cost us" a shot at Alt or Fashanu...

Wanting to lose games is for losers. Just win games, and draft better.

That's funny.  I think winning games that don't count so we can pick 10th in a 9-player class is what's for "losers" but that's just me.  In both cases the team still sucks, no?  

Don't tell me how to fan.  I'm the one with tangible evidence that those meaningless wins do nothing but bad things for the franchise.  Your side has 14 years of playoff-less seasons despite all those tremendous franchise-altering learning-to-win December triumphs.

• Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You "explain it" by not giving Breece Hall nearly 40 touches in a meaningless game.

That's how you explain it to the rest of the team? In a game where it's nearly impossible to pass you don't run the ball? And you expect the players to accept losing to the Patriots for the umpteenth time is acceptable? Did you ever play sports or compete at anything?

29 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

That's how you explain it to the rest of the team? In a game where it's nearly impossible to pass you don't run the ball? And you expect the players to accept losing to the Patriots for the umpteenth time is acceptable? Did you ever play sports or compete at anything?

Correct, you don't give your bellcow back 40 touches in a meaningless game.  You let the younger guys share the load and explain to the team you're protecting your star RB's long-term healthy.  I'm pretty sure they'd get it in this era of "load management", dude, especially for RBs.  

The players can do whatever they want with a loss to the Pats.  I didn't see them caring a whole lot about ending the losing streak against them.  Only Saleh was touting that meaningless sh*t.  It was a lost season regardless.

On 6/16/2024 at 11:37 AM, Integrity28 said:

LT is and was a high priority. That is unarguable.

I am criticizing the GM for forgoing draft capital in order to draft a plug and play OT, only so they can ease him in. If the plan was “ease him in”, then they could have easily drafted an OT later (given this was a drop class) and taken the extra capital to boot.

Nobody is arguing that OT shouldn’t have been the pick. I simply think the strategy is that if a choad. He Douglas is a choad.

Bah.  You pick the players you think will be good.  Moving down to 19 is a pretty big drop.  If he believes in Fashanu I am fine with it.  Not being plug and play is not the issue.  Easing the player in is a luxury.  Having a player that will be good when you ease them in is the key.  I don't think most saw Fautanu or Fuaga as LT.  You can always move down and find a quality player, but you'd better pick right.  What he did here was way better than trading up for AVT or JJ IMO and people loved those moves.  Hell, it net him Breece too and I probably would have rolled the dice and waited there too.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Correct, you don't give your bellcow back 40 touches in a meaningless game.  You let the younger guys share the load and explain to the team you're protecting your star RB's long-term healthy.  I'm pretty sure they'd get it in this era of "load management", dude, especially for RBs.  

The players can do whatever they want with a loss to the Pats.  I didn't see them caring a whole lot about ending the losing streak against them.  Only Saleh was touting that meaningless sh*t.  It was a lost season regardless.

You don't see a lot of things. That game definitely meant something to the players on that team that are winners. 

On 6/15/2024 at 8:11 PM, Raideraholic said:

Wrong Michael Mayer is two way te who can catch and block.    Go watch him block Jermaine Johnson one on one . ( when teams played)   

Go and watch Max Mitchell block Maxx Crosby one on one . (when the teams played)  Then think about the fact that Max Mitchell kinda sucks.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Yeah bro @Jetsfan80 did you ever?

Have you ever wondered why you continue to spend money to see a team you don't seem to like at a stadium that is absolute trash that resides in a swamp? Seems kind of nutty. I could live 5 minutes from MetLife (yikes) and still not want to go. Bruh.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Have you ever wondered why you continue to spend money to see a team you don't seem to like at a stadium that is absolute trash that resides in a swamp? Seems kind of nutty. I could live 5 minutes from MetLife (yikes) and still not want to go. Bruh.

Lol wow good points!

Another thread de-railed by the Central Connecticut chapter of the Log Cabin Kayakers

Take notes, @T0mShane

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lol wow good points!

Another thread de-railed by the Central Connecticut chapter of the Log Cabin Kayakers

Take notes, @T0mShane

Are you the pivot man when it comes to you, Timmy and JF? You definitely seem the most qualified.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, bicketybam said:

Are you the pivot man when it comes to you, Timmy and JF? You definitely seem the most qualified.

Sorry, kayak boy.  You missed the "boat" on that joke.  Be better (in one of the 200 passive-aggressive posts you'll make between now and midnight), dickety head.

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Sorry, kayak boy.  You missed the "boat" on that joke.  Be better (in one of the 200 passive-aggressive posts you'll make between now and midnight), dickety head.

Jokes are supposed to be funny. Go cry to Max again. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Umm, Bruh, you're the one who reported my post, not vice versa.  Wipe the drool off your goatee.  

No clue what you are talking about. You have some serious issues. 

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m talking about your opinion befire vs. after. I read it just fine. Your opinion change and explanation for the after-draft seems like a lot of self-convincing rationalization.

My opinion before was the same as my opinion now.

• Upvote 1

On 6/23/2024 at 10:43 PM, Integrity28 said:

Seems like a lot of rationalization. 

On 6/24/2024 at 6:24 AM, Doggin94it said:

Weird:

On 6/24/2024 at 11:19 AM, Integrity28 said:

Not really. 

On 6/24/2024 at 2:36 PM, Doggin94it said:

I mean, articulating those preferences ahead of the draft as a means of post-draft rationalizing what actually happened would be a pretty cool super power to have

On 6/24/2024 at 5:08 PM, Integrity28 said:

On 6/24/2024 at 5:34 PM, Doggin94it said:

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

3 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

My opinion before was the same as my opinion now.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Okay, then what are you carrying on about?

Tremendous back and forth that really taught us some things, fellas.  Really enjoyed it.  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

LOL.

Point is you don't need to be engaging in post-draft rationalizing to think this was the better move than moving to 19

Oh. You’re still going.