3Peat Could Put Both Reid & Mahomes into GOAT Conversation

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

On one hand, I agree.

On the other hand part of why they don't "feel" like the super elite team they used to be is that they've reallocated all of their resources from offense to defense. So we're not getting 2018-19 Chiefs that felt like they couldn't be stopped on offense -- we're getting a team with an elite defense and the best QB and HC in the game. Don't feel as unstoppable but still really, really good.

It’s kind of weird how the Pats never won with peak Moss and then Brady rips off three with Edelman as his top wideout. And how the Chiefs only won one with Tyreek and now they’ve won two in a row in “rebuilding” years.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, PS17 said:

It’s kind of weird how the Pats never won with peak Moss and then Brady rips off three with Edelman as his top wideout. And how the Chiefs only won one with Tyreek and now they’ve won two in a row in “rebuilding” years.

Probably something to do with elite WRs being psychos who want the ball every play.  Lots of elite WRs not named Jerry Rice went ring-less in their careers.

Though lets be real....we were all extremely lucky that 18-win Patriots team didn't finish the deal against the Giants.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably something to do with elite WRs being psychos who want the ball every play.  Lots of elite WRs not named Jerry Rice went ring-less in their careers.

Though lets be real....we were all extremely lucky that 18-win Patriots team didn't finish the deal against the Giants.

Yeah, there’s certainly an argument that elite QBs are better when their psycho mega talented receiver leaves because it forces them to go through reads and make the right throw instead of “**** it, Moss/Tyreek down there somewhere.”

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Yeah, there’s certainly an argument that elite QBs are better when their psycho mega talented receiver leaves because it forces them to go through reads and make the right throw instead of “**** it, Moss/Tyreek down there somewhere.”

And they don’t have to worry about anyone being pissed off in the huddle or sulking on the bench for not getting targets.  Like Diggs in Buffalo.

Josh Allen career SZN incoming.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And they don’t have to worry about anyone being pissed off in the huddle or sulking on the bench for not getting targets.  Like Diggs in Buffalo.

Josh Allen career SZN incoming.  

Diggs is the worst. Pretty sure he leads the league in targets since 2020 and still cries about not getting the ball enough. I wasn’t too keen on Houston trading for him, especially with Collins/Dell already looking great. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

Diggs is the worst. Pretty sure he leads the league in targets since 2020 and still cries about not getting the ball enough. I wasn’t too keen on Houston trading for him, especially with Collins/Dell already looking great. 

Houston is my pick for biggest underachiever this year. 

They snuck up on people last year and Stroud is really talented, but it’s so much harder to win double digit games when you are the hunted. Tough Schedule. Stroud being fellated all offseason. Remember, they won their division because Jacksonville sh*t the bed in December. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Antonio Pierce took his Raider team into Arrowhead and kicked their arse .   Last team that beat them last year. Facts.      Raiders should won the first meeting .      

don’t get tough Kermit the frog(. Mahomes). 

Two weeks before that they lost to the Vikings 0-3. It's a week to week league, and "close" doesn't count.

Congrats on beating the Chiefs on X-Mas by 6 points when they were counting down the seconds until they could leave to spend time with their families. They'd already comfortably wrapped up the AFC West and were saving their energy for the playoffs.

Your coach is getting his wages docked because he was conned out of his fortune in a scheme to invest in Nissan dealerships. Focus on that and not on winning the AFC West and being relevant in the AFC this year.

Brady is still considered the GOAT by most due to longevity and because he did it on two teams. Those same people love to discount the cheating and being carried by outstanding defenses and run games early on in his career, but I digress.

In terms of the old "if you needed 1 QB for 1 game" argument, it's Mahomes, and it's really not close. Between the eye test and what Mahomes has accomplished in his first 6 years as a starter (greatest 6 year stretch in NFL history for any QB), he's already my GOAT. 

image.png.d1d531911ca3d8d8e958fb23515cd9c2.png

The fact that former patriots fans (since there are none left) are feverishly rooting against Mahomes in the same way that most of us Jets fans rooted against Brady is very telling. They know if Mahomes gets one more, especially the elusive 3peat, the discussion will likely be over nationwide.  

=======================================

For most of my life, Bill Walsh was the only HC that I would put above Belichick. However, it's hard to ignore Reid's sustained successes across two franchises with many different QBs. He took McNabb to 5 NFCCGs and a SB, and had his fingerprints all over the Eagles team that finally did win the SB in 2018.

In KC, he turned the entire franchise around, elevated journeyman Alex Smith to an early MVP candidate the year before Mahomes took over, and obviously has elevated the Mahomes iteration of the Chiefs to otherworldly levels.

He's the only coach in history to own most franchise wins as HC for two different franchises. I think if he gets the 3peat, he's my GOAT.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Brady is still considered the GOAT by most due to longevity and because he did it on two teams. Those same people love to discount the cheating and being carried by outstanding defenses and run games early on in his career, but I digress.

In terms of the old "if you needed 1 QB for 1 game" argument, it's Mahomes, and it's really not close. Between the eye test and what Mahomes has accomplished in his first 6 years as a starter (greatest 6 year stretch in NFL history for any QB), he's already my GOAT. 

image.png.d1d531911ca3d8d8e958fb23515cd9c2.png

The fact that former patriots fans (since there are none left) are feverishly rooting against Mahomes in the same way that most of us Jets fans rooted against Brady is very telling. They know if Mahomes gets one more, especially the elusive 3peat, the discussion will likely be over nationwide.  

=======================================

For most of my life, Bill Walsh was the only HC that I would put above Belichick. However, it's hard to ignore Reid's sustained successes across two franchises with many different QBs. He took McNabb to 5 NFCCGs and a SB, and had his fingerprints all over the Eagles team that finally did win the SB in 2018.

In KC, he turned the entire franchise around, elevated journeyman Alex Smith to an early MVP candidate the year before Mahomes took over, and obviously has elevated the Mahomes iteration of the Chiefs to otherworldly levels.

He's the only coach in history to own most franchise wins as HC for two different franchises. I think if he gets the 3peat, he's my GOAT.

First, let me start by qualifying my reply by stating, in a thread from this week, I said Patrick is in the conversation. 

Let's take a look at these numbers.....

Where is the Superbowl losses column?  Technically, they are tied for 3 wins.  Give Tom his green. 

The biggest issue with the numbers is it lacks context.

Patrick was drafted in the first round by a 12-win team.  Clearly, Andy knew Alex Smith had a ceiling.  Thus, the Chiefs had a ceiling.  So there was a plan to make Mahomes QB1 at a future date.  He started a game in his rookie year.

Tom was drafted by an 8- team whose new Coach that was gutting the team.  He handed or QB1 was recently handed a 10 year 100 million contract.  They had a capable backup in John Freisz.  They had drafted an intriguing project QB the previous year.  The Patriots thought enough of Tom to keep pick #199 as QB4.  Tom attempted three passes in a Thanksgiving Day game blowout.

Want to venture a guess who got more practice snaps?

The biggest thing that favors Patrick's numbers is the coaching.  Bill with Par$ells defensive leanings coursing through his veins.  Patrick in the hands of arguably the offensive equivalent of Bill.  A fruit bearing branch of the Bill Walsh tree.  

Flip the script.  Do you think Bill is allowing Patrick to go toe-to-toe with the heavy favorite Rams?  No.  He would probably let Patrick, like he did with Tom, win the game.

Patrick is in the conversation.  A three-peat would be a real good argument in the conversation.