*JetNation Fantasy League 2024*

Thanks for dumping the zero bids.  There's always that guy or two who submits a pantload of zero bids for players he doesn't even want, which makes everyone else put a dozen zero bids in.  It is ridiculously inefficient.  You want a player... bid a buck. Or wait till he becomes a free agent like everyone else.    

With a budget that has to last through the playoffs, and no zero bids, probably wiser to use the standard 200 or 250.  Your call.  

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Had my SuperFlex home league draft, fairly happy with it:

image.thumb.png.7d94db26096ef48a47b492955df7312b.png

image.png.b42f707c5c7109b57076507789b9c0cd.png

Went Chase > Love > Achane - wanted Goff badly in round 4, but he was sniped right in front of me, so I took Ken Walker and then DJ Moore. Not super keen on Trevor, but I'm OK with it.

If I’m reading this right, you got Trevor in round six after wanting Goff in round four? That’s a fortuitous turn of events and excellent value on T-Law. This is a good squad with lots of upside. Rice at his current ADP is stealing. I’m also noticing a punting TE strategy, lol. 

BTW, sent you a trade offer on ESPN. 

4 hours ago, PS17 said:

If I’m reading this right, you got Trevor in round six after wanting Goff in round four? That’s a fortuitous turn of events and excellent value on T-Law. This is a good squad with lots of upside. Rice at his current ADP is stealing. I’m also noticing a punting TE strategy, lol. 

BTW, sent you a trade offer on ESPN. 

Es verdad. Agree on T Law being a value but I’m not exactly enamored with the player - and I do not have a piece of the Detroit offense, which pisses me off. 

And yea, never seemed to value TE in fantasy like some other players. I’ll work the waiver wire. 

Trade accepted. I’ll worry about the rookie QB and you can worry about the age-cliff/hamstrings :). 

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

And yea, never seemed to value TE in fantasy like some other players. I’ll work the waiver wire. 

Seems to me like one should either be among the first to draft a TE or otherwise do what you did and wait as long as possible.  I hate streaming TEs because they’re so TD-dependent, hence why I’m more of an early TE advocate if there’s one early on you’re confident in and aren’t reaching too badly to draft him.  A TE who gets heavily targeted can be a virtual cheat code if you can get him.  

What you CANNOT do is end up drafting in that TE “dead zone” where you’re taking a TD-dependent guy way too early.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seems to me like one should either be among the first to draft a TE or otherwise do what you did and wait as long as possible.  I hate streaming TEs because they’re so TD-dependent, hence why I’m more of an early TE advocate if there’s one early on you’re confident in and aren’t reaching too badly to draft him.  A TE who gets heavily targeted can be a virtual cheat code if you can get him.  

What you CANNOT do is end up drafting in that TE “dead zone” where you’re taking a TD-dependent guy way too early.  

Agree with this strategy even if we tend to be on either extreme of it.

If you get one of the elites? I love it. 

I just fundamentally disagree with the Jake Ferguson in round 9 approach.

… but I did lose to the guy with Njoku in the championship… 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I actually kinda like Ferguson this year, lol.  Goedert as well.  But depending on the format (like ESPN), those guys are going way later in drafts than they probably should.  So as always it just comes down to price.  If I can get Ferguson or Goedert in Rd 11/12?  Sign me up.

The dead zone extraordinaire, to me, is Evan Engram.  And he has been the last several seasons.  Always over-hyped.  Always under-produces.  

The late round dart throw I like the most is Noah Fant.  Taysom Hill is usually worth a shot too.  As long as he maintains that TE eligibility he remains intriguing.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I actually kinda like Ferguson this year, lol.  Goedert as well.  But depending on the format (like ESPN), those guys are going way later in drafts than they probably should.  So as always it just comes down to price.  If I can get Ferguson or Goedert in Rd 11/12?  Sign me up.

The dead zone extraordinaire, to me, is Evan Engram.  And he has been the last several seasons.  Always over-hyped.  Always under-produces.  

The late round dart throw I like the most is Noah Fant.  Taysom Hill is usually worth a shot too.  As long as he maintains that TE eligibility he remains intriguing.

Just different philosophies on this - I just like too many RB/WR’s around round 10ish - they’re all lottery tickets for sure, but that’s what makes fantasy fun.

Fant is a good call and I think Jonnu and Musgrave are interesting long shots.

Conklin is a great “I don’t care about this position, just don’t give me a goose egg for the week” type player. 

The possible Pitts renaissance / redemption-arc was the most tempting option for me this year. I just couldn’t make that happen in either of my leagues.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Just different philosophies on this - I just like too many RB/WR’s around round 10ish - they’re all lottery tickets for sure, but that’s what makes fantasy fun.

Fant is a good call and I think Jonnu and Musgrave are interesting long shots.

Conklin is a great “I don’t care about this position, just don’t give me a goose egg for the week” type player. 

The possible Pitts renaissance / redemption-arc was the most tempting option for me this year. I just couldn’t make that happen in either of my leagues.

Musgrave will be a very good option if and when Tucker Kraft gets hurt or phased out.  Definitely a guy who will be a strong waiver option if/when that occurs but not necessarily a guy who would get a click from me on draft day outside of the deepest of leagues.

Among the elite TE options, yes, Pitts is by far my # 1 guy at cost.  I see little reason I won't end up with him in both of my re-draft leagues.

Next on the list is Andrews, whose ADP is getting depressed for little reason - I also expect Lamar Jackson to throw a lot more this year.  They didn't bring in Derrick Henry and Lamar didn't lose 25 lbs. just for him to risk injuries running all game, particularly around the goalline.  It'll either be Henry or Andrews gobbling up the RZ TDs for that offense this year.

If I fail to get one of those 2 guys I'm either ending up with Goedert, Taysom, or Fant in all likelihood.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Musgrave will be a very good option if and when Tucker Kraft gets hurt or phased out.  Definitely a guy who will be a strong waiver option if/when that occurs but not necessarily a guy who would get a click from me on draft day outside of the deepest of leagues.

Among the elite TE options, yes, Pitts is by far my # 1 guy at cost.  I see little reason I won't end up with him in both of my re-draft leagues.

Next on the list is Andrews, whose ADP is getting depressed for little reason - I also expect Lamar Jackson to throw a lot more this year.  They didn't bring in Derrick Henry and Lamar didn't lose 25 lbs. just for him to risk injuries running all game, particularly around the goalline.  It'll either be Henry or Andrews gobbling up the RZ TDs for that offense this year.

If I fail to get one of those 2 guys I'm either ending up with Goedert, Taysom, or Fant in all likelihood.

Agree on this - and I'm hoping you land Pitts in your drafts. Good luck, hombre. 

Only slight disagreement is Andrews and the Ravens.

I don't think he's a bust, but for such a stellar organization, I question their team construction this year - lost 3/5 of their offensive line, added a 30 year old RB with a lot of mileage, did not improve the receiver room at all.

Idk, it's crazy to doubt the Ravens, but I'm just fading that team a bit, and Andrews is somewhat expensive ~ 50ish ADP?

Rashee Rice, Tee Higgins and David Montgomery - those are three players on three good offenses that could smash their ADPs at similar ADPs.

Pitts @ ~ 80 ADP? Love it. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Agree on this - and I'm hoping you land Pitts in your drafts. Good luck, hombre. 

Only slight disagreement is Andrews and the Ravens.

I don't think he's a bust, but for such a stellar organization, I question their team construction this year - lost 3/5 of their offensive line, added a 30 year old RB with a lot of mileage, did not improve the receiver room at all.

Idk, it's crazy to doubt the Ravens, but I'm just fading that team a bit, and Andrews is somewhat expensive ~ 50ish ADP?

Rashee Rice, Tee Higgins and David Montgomery - those are three players on three good offenses that could smash their ADPs at similar ADPs.

Pitts @ ~ 80 ADP? Love it. 

Funny regarding Pitts and Andrews. I really wanted Andrews (and McBride even more, who went earlier). When both of those guys went before me in round five I was pissed. Settled for Kincaid who I’m not in love with. Had I known Pitts would fall to pick 81 I would have waited on TE and selected him in round 7. Oh well! 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I think Ferguson is gonna eat this year. He’s the number two target in an insanely pass happy offense - and Dak loves his mediocre-ish tight ends. I think he’s a smash in round nine or whatever mid round he’s going in. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, PS17 said:

I think Ferguson is gonna eat this year. He’s the number two target in an insanely pass happy offense - and Dak loves his mediocre-ish tight ends. I think he’s a smash in round nine or whatever mid round he’s going in. 

I’m probably wrong on Ferguson. I just not into the expected volume > talent plays. They do work out sometimes though, and this seems like it was considering what he did last year and what has (or rather, hasn’t) changed on that offense. 

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I’m probably wrong on Ferguson. I just not into the expected volume > talent plays. They do work out sometimes though, and this seems like it was considering what he did last year and what has (or rather, hasn’t) changed on that offense. 

There's no more reliable predictor of fantasy points scored for pass-catchers than targets and target share.  Even when paired with awful QBs, getting force-fed targets will result in points. Just look at Garrett Wilson with Zach Wilson.

Volume is king in fantasy, especially when we're talking about later round TEs where the difference between hitting on one of those and missing can give you a huge weekly advantage over your opponent who may not have a good TE OR overspent to get a TE getting similar production as yours.

If there's someone who can challenge Ferguson for the 2nd most targets for Dallas - or even steal a bunch of expected ones as the # 3 guy, that of course would change things dramatically though.  I just don't see that coming out of Brandin Cooks, Jalen Tolbert, Rico Dowdle, or a combination of the trio.  Ferguson SHOULD be the clear-cut # 2 option.

• Upvote 2

On 8/29/2024 at 10:45 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

There's no more reliable predictor of fantasy points scored for pass-catchers than targets and target share.  Even when paired with awful QBs, getting force-fed targets will result in points. Just look at Garrett Wilson with Zach Wilson.

Volume is king in fantasy, especially when we're talking about later round TEs where the difference between hitting on one of those and missing can give you a huge weekly advantage over your opponent who may not have a good TE OR overspent to get a TE getting similar production as yours.

If there's someone who can challenge Ferguson for the 2nd most targets for Dallas - or even steal a bunch of expected ones as the # 3 guy, that of course would change things dramatically though.  I just don't see that coming out of Brandin Cooks, Jalen Tolbert, Rico Dowdle, or a combination of the trio.  Ferguson SHOULD be the clear-cut # 2 option.

I usually wait for TE for Pitts, but if he goes too early I take Ferguson, Njoku or Freiermuth in that order.  This was the rare occasion where I saw I could make that easy Kelce/Mahomes stack.  That's it...  I'm pulling out my son's old Preist Holmes jersey, which I wore to the last 2 SB parties. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

9 of 24, 87 yards, 3 INTs. 92 rushing yards, 74 of which come with the Steelers down two TDs. 

For the record, I agree that Fields is one of the worst quarterbacks I’ve ever seen. But in fantasy he’s cash. /shrug 

• Upvote 1

Ah, yes. Perfect. Forgot a game was on last night and last I saw, Achane was "Questionable" and trending as out, so I sat him and figured I'd see what happened on the Friday Injury report. He went for 29 points last night.

Puka Nacua, my first pick in 3 drafts because he was the best option at that ******* #12 pick I had in ALL of them is on IR. 

I HATE FF. lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Ah, yes. Perfect. Forgot a game was on last night and last I saw, Achane was "Questionable" and trending as out, so I sat him and figured I'd see what happened on the Friday Injury report. He went for 29 points last night.

Puka Nacua, my first pick in 3 drafts because he was the best option at that ******* #12 pick I had in ALL of them is on IR. 

I HATE FF. lol

And you started inactive Mostert.

image.gif.48d6c87c24c06678eaa378056516db7d.gif

• Haha 2