Every Play (Fashanu, Tippmann, Allen, Corley, and Tyrod)

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Corley looks like he belongs. Willing blocker and caught what he should have. 

All the rooks looked like they belonged.  Even without a 2nd round pick they added 2 rbs a wr and a LT.  I still think we’re drafting a qb in round 1 next year and that will complete the offensive transformation.  Even watching peasley shows how bad wilson was.  Virtually any other qb can complete short passes and not look incompetent. 

• Upvote 2

Tippmann settling in 

Jets center Joe Tippmann is sporting a nice shiner around his left eye. 

It’s fitting because Tippmann has been beaten up during this training camp.

Tippmann, the second-year player from Wisconsin, has struggled with shotgun snapsduring camp and that is why he was the only Jets starter who played Saturday’s preseason opener with the Commanders.

Tippmann played two series and had no bad snaps in the 20-17 Jets victory. 

He worked with backup quarterback Tyrod Taylor. 

It was a small victory for Tippmann, who said he struggled with a heavier workload this year as compared to his rookie training camp, when he was not the starter.

“I feel good now,” Tippmann said after the game. “There were some growing pains getting there kind of starting with just picking up the bigger load at the beginning of camp as compared to last year. I was eased into there. I think they’ve gotten a lot better. I’ve really been able to hold them down now and get them back there to the [quarterbacks]. That came with a lot of hard work, working with the quarterbacks, working with my coaches in the O-line room. I feel like we’re in a good place.”

Tippmann has had several practices where he had bad snaps. 

During one practice, starting quarterback Aaron Rodgers was visibly upset with him. 

Then, in the team’s intrasquad scrimmage, Tippmann launched a snap over Rodgers’ head for a 22-yard loss.

Rodgers said he knows that he can get on Tippmann and the young center said he understands when Rodgers rides him. 

Tippmann would not reveal how he got the black eye, other than to say it happened in practice. 

Don’t worry, Rodgers did not give it to him.

“It’s a great relationship,” Tippmann said. “Aaron’s always out there trying to make me better. I really appreciate that out of him. I know it comes from a place of love. He’s always just trying to make me better because he knows I can be better. Any critique that comes from him I take it well.”

Saturday was the first time that Tippmann has spoken to the media since his snapping issues popped up a few weeks ago. 

Tippmann began his rookie year as a backup but became the starting center midway through the year.

There were no obvious issues with his snaps, but this year it has been one of the biggest stories of camp.

Tippmann said he has had to fight allowing the struggles to affect him mentally.

“It’s hard,” Tippmann said. “It’s hard because it’s the first thing you do. Usually it’s something I do unconsciously. I don’t even think about it. Having to really think about it every play is something I had to work through. Not really getting that jump off the ball just because I had to think about the snaps. I’ve worked through that and feel like I’m in a good place.”

Jets coach Robert Saleh said Tippmann’s struggles were not the primary reason he was the only starter to play Saturday.

“He’s a second-year kid,” Saleh said. “Just trying to let him work through some kinks that he needs to work out. Also with Tyrod in there, just wanted him to mirror Tyrod’s snap count.”

The offense did not do much when Tippmann and Taylor were in the game. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

As always, if ya like the work that goes into these, feel free to click that subscribe button!

Tyrod Taylor

Braelon Allen

Malachi Corley

Olu Fashanu

Joe Tippmann

im working on a defensive set of videos too. Will update main post once finished.

Nice job, it’s really appreciated 😎

• Post of the Week 1

22 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Fashanu’s footwork in pass pro looks really good

The "fake punch" video that was posted on twitter is so great to see.  Not only will Tyron Smith allow Olu to develop slowly, but if you actually have a true technician teaching him for a year, that is awesome for his development (and hopefully for carter warren and max mitchell).

I personally wanted to take JJ with out pick but Olu looks like a great pick and letting him develop behind Tryon should really help him become an excellent pro.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, BCJet said:

The "fake punch" video that was posted on twitter is so great to see.  Not only will Tyron Smith allow Olu to develop slowly, but if you actually have a true technician teaching him for a year, that is awesome for his development (and hopefully for carter warren and max mitchell).

I personally wanted to take JJ with out pick but Olu looks like a great pick and letting him develop behind Tryon should really help him become an excellent pro.

JJ?

10 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Bump, Will McDonald IV added to main post:

Just a wee bit concerned with McDonald.  Saleh has a lot of faults but Dline coaching is not one of them 

He was dead on accurate telling McDonald that he needed to get stronger to “run through a guys face”. 

McDonald’s inferior strength showed up multiple times.  

He remains a situational rushed for now. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/11/2024 at 9:25 AM, Larz said:

Corley looks like he belongs. Willing blocker and caught what he should have. 

Willing blocker but he olay'd a few and it's very clear, he's going to struggle to get open down field.  He created, zero separation on his routes and this was vs. grocery baggers.  You can see how they're going to look to get them the ball, very similar to college, in and around the LOS, which is the right way to bring him along, get him involved, etc but he's not going to be a YAC king in the NFL like he was in Conference USA.  He's got a long way to go but luckily the Jets seem to have depth at WR so it wont be necessary to force him into action for once.

37 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Willing blocker but he olay'd a few and it's very clear, he's going to struggle to get open down field.  He created, zero separation on his routes and this was vs. grocery baggers.  You can see how they're going to look to get them the ball, very similar to college, in and around the LOS, which is the right way to bring him along, get him involved, etc but he's not going to be a YAC king in the NFL like he was in Conference USA.  He's got a long way to go but luckily the Jets seem to have depth at WR so it wont be necessary to force him into action for once.

Most wrs are not garrett wilson, but you need an attribute that you can win with.  If Corley can work within 10 yards most of the time early on and get some yac that’s a good start.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Most wrs are not garrett wilson, but you need an attribute that you can win with.  If Corley can work within 10 yards most of the time early on and get some yac that’s a good start.  

Agreed, I'm glad the coaching staff is being intentional about giving him comfortable looks.

6 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Agreed, I'm glad the coaching staff is being intentional about giving him comfortable looks.

He seems like he can work on routes and become a cotchery which would be fine.  Not worried about him, and you look at the draft picks and they all look like they’re legit.  As always here it’s the qb and besides the Reddick situation you have to wonder how much tolerance woody is going to have if qbs get hurt, or if they’re close to .500.  The team’s roster is much better than it was when mccags was axed.  Always drama here.