Aaron Rodgers Preseason Play?

Aaron Rodgers Preseason  

80 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD Aaron Rodgers Play in PS Game 3?

• No, full bubble wrap mode.
    • Yes, but only a drive or 2.
    • Yes, play him into the 3rd quarter as per traditional 3rd PS game.
  2. 2. WILL Aaron Rodgers Play in PS Game 3?

• No, full bubble wrap mode.
    • Yes, but only a drive or 2.
    • Yes, into the 3rd quarter as per traditional 3rd PS game.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/23/2024 at 09:41 PM

Sesame Street News GIF by Muppet Wiki

The Jets starting 5 olineman have only been playing together for like 3 weeks. Smith and Moses are older guys that need rest days.

AVT is coming off of an injury. Mike Williams won’t even get a shared practice to shake off the rust.

Rodgers is old and coming off of an injury.

Simpson is new to the offense.  

The only prayer the Jets offense has to be good is if Rodgers can override Hacketts ridiculous play calls with his computer brain and hard count. 

you bubble wrap him. Especially against Daboll who called a 7 man rush on the first play of the game last year. 

BUBBLE WRAP 

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Jets starting 5 olineman have only been playing together for like 3 weeks. Smith and Moses are older guys that need rest days.

AVT is coming off of an injury. Mike Williams won’t even get a shared practice to shake off the rust.

The only prayer the Jets offense has to be good is if Rodgers can override Hacketts ridiculous play calls with his computer brain and hard count. 

you bubble wrap him. Especially against Daboll who called a 7 man rush on the first play of the game last year. 

BUBBLE WRAP 

The bolded all reads like an argument to PLAY Rodgers against the Giants. It sorta sounds like the starting offense could use as many snaps together in a game situation as they can get . . . 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

No one is expecting the junction boys but the New York Jets have basically eliminated practicing football. 

Your quarterback has a terrible practice — missing receivers, miscommunicating with receivers, getting frustrated, throwing an INT in the red zone to end the session — after only practicing 3 times in the previous 12 days. So, what does the coach do the next day? He doubles down on the light practice schedule by giving the QB another day off. 

Clearly, Saleh and I are on totally different pages regarding what it takes to get this Jets team ready to play and win when the season begins in three weeks. So, I think it’s time for me to just let go of giving any thought to this — he’s the one who’s an NFL head coach, and all I can do is hope he knows what he’s doing and that his way works.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Your quarterback has a terrible practice — missing receivers, miscommunicating with receivers, getting frustrated, throwing an INT in the red zone to end the session — after only practicing 3 times in the previous 12 days. So, what does the coach do the next day? He doubles down on the light practice schedule by giving the QB another day off. 

Clearly, Saleh and I are on totally different pages regarding what it takes to get this Jets team ready to play and win when the season begins in three weeks. So, I think it’s time for me to just let go of giving any thought to this — he’s the one who’s an NFL head coach, and all I can do is hope he knows what he’s doing and that his way works.

Pretty much. It is what it is. The Jets organization is banking on the least amount of training camp in league history, no preseason, and a 40 year old QB coming off an Achilles to magically show up and make it happen. Perhaps Saleh knows something everyone else doesn’t.

16 hours ago, Larz said:

7-10

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

He's talked a lot this offseason about the goal of keeping guys fresh/healthy and that is his main justification for the soft practice schedule. He actually said today that "yesterday was a heavy 1 practice and today is a heavy 2 and 3 practice" - so, he's basically saying that players can only practice every other day and he is alternating starters and backups on each day? 

bottom line: I agree with you. It seems bizarre. I get the concern over injuries, and so far, we are pretty healthy (knock on wood), but you still have to practice football and prepare for a football season. That's still priority number 1, right? 

7 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

His leg is toast. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

His leg is toast. 

I am very much dreading that first big hit he takes and corresponding huge gasp we all will collectively do, probably sometime shortly before 9 pm EST on September 9, 2024. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He's talked a lot this offseason about the goal of keeping guys fresh/healthy and that is his main justification for the soft practice schedule. He actually said today that "yesterday was a heavy 1 practice and today is a heavy 2 and 3 practice" - so, he's basically saying that players can only practice every other day and he is alternating starters and backups on each day? 

bottom line: I agree with you. It seems bizarre. I get the concern over injuries, and so far, we are pretty healthy (knock on wood), but you still have to practice football and prepare for a football season. That's still priority number 1, right? 

As you say, it’s clear now that this extremely light practice schedule is thought out and intentional … which is kind of a relief, really. I don’t agree with it, but at least I don’t have to wonder now if this is just the result of sloppy planning and mismanagement. You gotta figure that everyone — from Saleh to JD to Rodgers — is on board with the approach their taking.

Like I said, I really hope they are vindicated and it works. I’m keeping an open mind.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

As you say, it’s clear now that this extremely light practice schedule is thought out and intentional … which is kind of a relief, really. I don’t agree with it, but at least I don’t have to wonder now if this is just the result of sloppy planning and mismanagement. You gotta figure that everyone — from Saleh to JD to Rodgers — is on board with the approach their taking.

Like I said, I really hope they are vindicated and it works. I’m keeping an open mind.

My concern is that they did the same thing last year (maybe not as extreme) and it didn't prevent the starting QB from tearing his achilles on the 4th play. @Matt39was on here bitching about the soft practice schedule last summer, too. 

I just worry that injuries can only partially be mitigated by a softer camp schedule and am concerned about the tradeoff in early season productivity. It's really important to hit the ground running this year. We should be favored in 4 of our first 5 games and we need to take advantage. 

25 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

wild isn't it? The proof is in the putting I guess.

If the jets offense comes out week 1 looking out of sync and generally like ass we have to point at this approach as a primary reason. If they come out firing on all cylinders I guess we were wrong.

• Post of the Week 1

My concern is that they did the same thing last year (maybe not as extreme) and it didn't prevent the starting QB from tearing his achilles on the 4th play. @Matt39was on here bitching about the soft practice schedule last summer, too. 

I just worry that injuries can only partially be mitigated by a softer camp schedule and am concerned about the tradeoff in early season productivity. It's really important to hit the ground running this year. We should be favored in 4 of our first 5 games and we need to take advantage. 

I’m skeptical that the injury to Rodgers had anything to do with the light schedule (although an argument could be made that if they had faced live bullets more in the preseason Brown might not have missed the block or Rodgers might have just thrown the ball away instead of panicking and trying to ballerina his way out of getting sacked) … but yes, I agree with you, clearly the light schedule last year did not prevent the team’s most important player from getting hurt. 

And I agree 100 percent about the importance of getting off to a fast start this year. The whole “December matters more than September” argument has a bit of validity, but is way overblown imo.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I said this year one of Saleh. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I am very much dreading that first big hit he takes and corresponding huge gasp we all will collectively do, probably sometime shortly before 9 pm EST on September 9, 2024. 

He’s going to endure plenty of hits and we’re going to have to hope and pray on each one. It’s why I’ve been banging on about not letting him do stupid sprint-out sh*t in camp. His injured leg is physically smaller than the other leg. The Achilles is a two year injury in the best of cases and Rodgers chose to rush back from it last season besides. 

43 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Rodgers failed to get rid of the ball but the achilles injury was terrible luck. I don't see it as lack of conditioning or even age related. The achilles is not mean to be stretched like this.

20240820_132246.jpg

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s going to endure plenty of hits and we’re going to have to hope and pray on each one. It’s why I’ve been banging on about not letting him do stupid sprint-out sh*t in camp. His injured leg is physically smaller than the other leg. The Achilles is a two year injury in the best of cases and Rodgers chose to rush back from it last season besides. 

Dre Greenlaw, who tore his achilles in the Super Bowl, is aiming for a return by week 6 to week 8. 2 years? Not any more.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is not intended to be a wise ass response in anyway but are their pictures out there of AVT or Cousins leg that suffered the tear? Is the fact the Aaron's is smaller unique to him or the surgery he had where I beleive the others went more traditional?

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Rodgers failed to get rid of the ball but the achilles injury was terrible luck. I don't see it as lack of conditioning or even age related. The achilles is not mean to be stretched like this.

20240820_132246.jpg

I agree, it was bad luck. 

I'm just saying that a soft camp schedule isn't going to prevent the catastrophic injuries (e.g., an achilles tear) from happening in the future. Perhaps it will reduce the frequency of nagging injuries associated with wear and tear as the season progresses. But it's not going to stop big season-enders. 

47 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

I’m skeptical that the injury to Rodgers had anything to do with the light schedule (although an argument could be made that if they had faced live bullets more in the preseason Brown might not have missed the block or Rodgers might have just thrown the ball away instead of panicking and trying to ballerina his way out of getting sacked) … but yes, I agree with you, clearly the light schedule last year did not prevent the team’s most important player from getting hurt. 

And I agree 100 percent about the importance of getting off to a fast start this year. The whole “December matters more than September” argument has a bit of validity, but is way overblown imo.

Saleh was asked about the rep distribution in his presser today and he did say it’s intentional fwiw. Not sure how they’re researching this or whatever, but it’s intentional.

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don't know if I'd call it a two year injury (Vinny was fully recovered from his opening day achilles tear in a single year and that was 25 years ago), but I don't think his mobility will ever be the same again (similar to Marino and Vinny, among others)

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh was asked about the rep distribution in his presser today and he did say it’s intentional fwiw. Not sure how they’re researching this or whatever, but it’s intentional.

Yea, he talked about alternating practices on a daily basis between a heavy practice for the starters and a heavy practice for the backups. I've never heard of that before, but it's clearly an organizational thing. They are (understandably) obsessed with preventing injuries, but they better make sure they are ready for the season.

That pressure cooker will be in full swing come September. 

• Upvote 1

Yea, he talked about alternating practices on a daily basis between a heavy practice for the starters and a heavy practice for the backups. I've never heard of that before, but it's clearly an organizational thing. They are (understandably) obsessed with preventing injuries, but they better make sure they are ready for the season.

That pressure cooker will be in full swing come September. 

you would have to think everyone is in agreement on this - i can't imagine Saleh is running solo on this decision given the importance to him remaiming on a successful season.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Like rolling out of the pocket? He's gotta move lol