Trade Reddick Tonight

14 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Simply guaranteeing his salary won't be enough to get him to report.

I believe he is looking for a significant bump up in salary, as well as additional guaranteed money. 

That is understood.

He will not be getting that bump from the Jets.

At least we know it was not Mike M giving him some line of bs like he did with at least one TE and a couple OL.

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Your business has a salary cap?

$10 is a lot of money if you have a $100 spending limit.

In a sense my business does have a salary cap and it is allocated by position just like a NFL team.

The partners and I all work with what would be considered modest compensation for our roles.

We do, however, have quarterly bonuses based upon profitability.

Imagine a NFL team doing something like this based upon wins?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes, fans just want the gladiators in the arena.

Not at all. Just like I would never want a Conscript in the same Fighting position as me, or a Firefighter on my crew that had a fear of Fire, I don't want someone on the squad that clearly doesn't want to be here. Their contracts/Pay/Business decisions are none of my business. I literally do not care if Reddick ever plays for the Jets or plays football ever again. sh*t happens in business as you know. I'm not going to cry over "blame" or who's fault or who did/said what. It's kinda pointless. Guys that like JD will say he screwed up no matter what he does, guys who like him will say it's the other guys' fault.

Its all noise. He plays or he doesn't... season starts in 2 days. 

Lets GO!

PS. "Gladiators"?? WAAAH! I'm only making 20 MILLION to play this game!! WAAAH! It's like slavery!! WAAAAH!! LOL I've done far more dangerous work for a fraction of their salaries and enjoyed it tbh. Sure, getting paid more would be nice, but I knew the risks, knew the pay, and did the work. Am I comparing a normal, average, REAL job to playing in the NFL? Obviously not, I was never an entertainer on TV.... but on the flip side, I have zero pity for their contracts or the long-term health effects of playing. They know the risks and are willing to endure those working conditions for the chance at Multi-Generational wealth. 

On 8/24/2024 at 11:01 PM, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Trade him tonight and live with the consequences.

It seems that nobody wants him.  I don't think you could even get a 5th round pick for him right now.

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Not at all. Just like I would never want a Conscript in the same Fighting position as me, or a Firefighter on my crew that had a fear of Fire, I don't want someone on the squad that clearly doesn't want to be here. Their contracts/Pay/Business decisions are none of my business. I literally do not care if Reddick ever plays for the Jets or plays football ever again. sh*t happens in business as you know. I'm not going to cry over "blame" or who's fault or who did/said what. It's kinda pointless. Guys that like JD will say he screwed up no matter what he does, guys who like him will say it's the other guys' fault.

Its all noise. He plays or he doesn't... season starts in 2 days. 

Lets GO!

PS. "Gladiators"?? WAAAH! I'm only making 20 MILLION to play this game!! WAAAH! It's like slavery!! WAAAAH!! LOL I've done far more dangerous work for a fraction of their salaries and enjoyed it tbh. Sure, getting paid more would be nice, but I knew the risks, knew the pay, and did the work. Am I comparing a normal, average, REAL job to playing in the NFL? Obviously not, I was never an entertainer on TV.... but on the flip side, I have zero pity for their contracts or the long-term health effects of playing. They know the risks and are willing to endure those working conditions for the chance at Multi-Generational wealth. 

You’re entitled to all of this but I don’t think there is a magic salary number where human beings are no longer eligible for sympathy 

• Sympathy 1