Let's not start at the bottom

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

If they win on a last second FG, will that be acceptable? Or does it have to be a blowout to count? I need to know what to root for.

Root for the win.  If we win act like we have won the last 10 SB and this year it's a foregone conclussion.  If we lose it's Jetsy and were doomed again.  Start lots of threads and puke it all out so we can move on to week 2 by Thursday. 

Just now, Biggs said:

Root for the win.  If we win act like we have won the last 10 SB and this year it's a foregone conclussion.  If we lose it's Jetsy and were doomed again.  Start lots of threads and puke it all out so we can move on to week 2 by Thursday. 

Of course I'm rooting for the win. A win on the road against the odds on favorite to represent the NFC in the SB would be massive. I would be thrilled. 

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Of course I'm rooting for the win. A win on the road against the odds on favorite to represent the NFC in the SB would be massive. I would be thrilled. 

See you in the game thread.  No reason we can't win this game if Rodgers can take a punch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Lol, whatever you say. 

What I'm seeing is a whole lot of the bluster gone out of some posters here at JN, as they start mentally prepping themselves (and their future posts after the fact) to lose tonight after an offseason of uber-hype. 

That and pre-emptively making excuses for why it's totally ok we lose. :roll:

**** that. 

If we're good, and we should be this year, then lets go in to tonight talking about kicking their ass all over the field, not making mealy-mouthed prep for disappointment.  That time was the offseason. 

Today is gameday.  On gameday, we kick ass, end of story. 

Save the excuses and "boy they're good" stuff for tomorrow. 

Go Jets!

Yeah, okay tough guy. Rooting for the Jets to win a tough game doesn't have to make you stupid.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

:roll:

Look, it's pretty obvious what your play is here. You've been upset all off-season with the fans that are excited about having a good roster. You've claimed countless times that having a good roster doesn't mean dick. "Show me the wins!" "Off-season Champs!"

Now that the Jets are going out West to play the odds-on favorite to represent the NFC in the SB, you are now taking the position that not only should the Jets win, but they should win in convincing fashion against a team that they is favored to win. This is all to set up the "what happened to the best roster in the league?" that maybe one or possible two people claimed. I guarantee you will be the first one in spiking the football if they lose. You are as predictable as death and taxes when it comes to this stuff.

I'm pretty sure you have me on ignore and I'm going to do the same. Your posts are absolutely exhausting.

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

If they win on a last second FG, will that be acceptable? Or does it have to be a blowout to count? I need to know what to root for.

Who said anything about what is "acceptable"?

Today is game day, we have a good roster, and I'm excited to see my team hopefully win vs. a top-tier opponent.

The time for critical analysis of what happened is tomorrow.  Not today.

Go Jets!

• WTF? 1

20 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'm pretty sure you have me on ignore and I'm going to do the same. Your posts are absolutely exhausting.

Is that why you quote almost every one I post?  :roll: 

Like I said in the Gameday thread:

It's pretty simple really.

Offseason and non-game days = time for deep, unflinchingly critical objective-leaning-cynical analysis and the like.

Gameday = TIME TO KICK THE PISS OUT OF WHOMEVER WE PLAY!!!!

Sorry you can't understand that or have some desperate need to argue with me for being excited to see us try to win tonight.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Is that why you quote almost every one I post?  :roll: 

Like I said in the Gameday thread:

It's pretty simple really.

Offseason and non-game days = time for deep, unflinchingly critical objective-leaning-cynical analysis and the like.

Gameday = TIME TO KICK THE PISS OUT OF WHOMEVER WE PLAY!!!!

Sorry you can't understand that or have some desperate need to argue with me for being excited to see us try to win tonight.

@Warfish the first time the Jets are losing.

jim-carrey-jim-carrey-typing.gif

19 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

@Warfish the first time the Jets are losing.

jim-carrey-jim-carrey-typing.gif

Well, you said you won't be in the game thread tonight, so I guess you'll never know.

To confirm your earlier question, yes, I have had you on ignore for a while now (it literally says it in my sig, seemed hard to miss), but it's still pretty obvious that you reply to almost every post I make, and despite being ignored I still see you reply, I just have to click it to open it and read it if I wish.  But I fully support you in what you said, please follow through and put me on ignore too.  I think we'll both be happier.

IMO you can’t tell how a team will perform until game four or five.  It would nice if they beat the niners but you don’t learn from your mistakes with a win.  The past two seasons the jets started out pretty strong and then started to believe what the talking heads were saying.  How’d they finish.  And saleh is the first guy to start chirping if they win.

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Seems like nothing has changed with the pats.   A poor talent team but well coached and just know how to squeak out wins.

On talent alone they should be like a 1 or 2 win team.

Which is ideal. They'll win just enough to not get a top 5 pick, but never be a real threat in the division. 

• Upvote 1