Poll: What Has Been The Jets' Best Early Season Surprise?

Poll: What Has Been The Jets' Best Early Season Surprise?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What Has Been The Jets' Best Early Season Surprise?

• Will McDonald IV
    • Allen Lazard
    • Braelon Allen
    • Aaron Rodgers' Mobility
    • Saleh finally getting some sleep

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/29/2024 at 05:00 PM

• TuscanyTile2 changed the title to Poll: What Has Been The Jets' Best Early Season Surprise?

I think most any of these are valid takes, but as the only Allen voter so far, I'd just like to note how much more dynamic the offense has looked since his role increased partway through the titans game.

Teams were sitting on Breece, both in the run and pass game. Once Allen started mixing in more, and successfully, it felt like suddenly almost everything else opened up. Maybe it's also just that Rodgers shook off the rust, or that the defense started playing to potential again, but I can't help feeling like we turned a corner the moment Allen busted that 20yd TD. I don't think the dynamic he adds can be understated for this west coast offense. 

• Upvote 2

We need a better 5th option. I get the "yucks" mentality but there are many other things that could have been an option than a slam of Saleh. You could have even went with "The coaching staff." I think they've been a surprise so far ;)

I went Allen. He’s showing us that he is a weapon, not just some role player that gets a few yards while breece gets a quick break. We may also have one of the best rb 2’s in the league and should breece go down, we have a guy that is built to handle a work load. I would of never thought we’d have a rb good enough to take 10-12 touches away from breece.

With how successful this group has been at developing d linemen, I was never worried about McDonald and expected him to do what hall did last year. Jermaine Johnson was brought in slowly and we saw a huge jump in year two, the team followed suit with McDonald. This is why we let hall walk. You guys can pick apart this staff all you want but one aspect of this team that you can’t criticize is how this team puts together its d-line. You shouldn’t be surprised that he’s good. 

• Upvote 2