Woody speaks (begs Reddick to report)

5 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Week 2 of 2023 on I will concede Saleh definitely seemed disinterested.  Third year in a row he had Zach forced on him — that will break any coach.

I wouldn't say that early, but he had definitely checked out by Thanksgiving last year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

It sounds like Hackett is getting let go too. Saleh was on borrowed time. The stair running, the skipping the combine, the ridiculous commercial, we’ll keep doing what we’re doing, nothing part of football, and most importantly not winning- a change had to happen at the top. 

Exactly. I think woody is tired of losing and is getting rid of these people in order of how much he can’t stand them

26 minutes ago, GQMartin said:

And Saleh brought the positivity for a while. 

You can see the twinkle in his eyes fade rapidly since he’s been here. It was obvious Saleh couldn’t sell his positivity schtick towards the end because he didn’t believe it himself. 

This and he knows he doesn’t have the offensive coaches to fix the offense. The last Hail Mary was Rodgers bailing everyone out

• Upvote 1

Just now, neckdemon said:

this is what sealed saleh's fate. that moronic crap he said about "we just gotta keep doing what we're doing" uhh no dipsh*t you're losing and look like sh*t doing it....you gotta change what you're doing

The jets are 2-3. We have had way worse starts to seasons

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If he believed that strongly in Douglas job he would already be extended instead of being a lame duck though would he not?

Yeah, maybe.

I don't know that he's 100% getting extended, but unless they win just 1-2 games for the rest of the season I think it's likely that'll happen after the season. If the season turns around to a playoff berth - even if weakly, as a wildcard 6th seed or winning the division as its only 9-win team - yeah I think he'll get extended. They're just not there yet. 

It's not a wish for or against; just my guess as to what'll happen. 

Good coaching covers up a lot of misses & mishaps. Bad coaching magnifies them.