Where is JD

Trotter

40 minutes ago, shrekman1 said:

The coach has been dismissed, and the owner is actively engaging with the holdout player. The management is in the process of establishing the budget for upcoming deals. It is imperative to inquire about the whereabouts of our General Manager. Is it not expected for him to issue a statement at this juncture?

JD knows he is done, he’s at the doughnut shop looking for assistant manager jobs at Dicks Sports.

6 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Robert Saleh, Adam Gase, Todd Bowles, Rex Ryan, Eric Mangini, Herm Edwards, Al Groh,  Bradway, Mike Tannenbaum, John Idzik, Mike Maccagnan, and Joe Douglas are all scapegoats for Woody Johnson.

Hint: it's the owner. All of the dysfunction begins and ends with Woody Johnson.

Agree. No gm or HC worth a dam wants to work for woody. Why guys like Joe Douglas get a shot to play GM they never would have anywhere else. 

31 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Agree. No gm or HC worth a dam wants to work for woody. Why guys like Joe Douglas get a shot to play GM they never would have anywhere else. 

The sad part is that Joe Douglas would have been a GM somewhere else if Woody hadn't paid up. That's why Douglas was able to get the 6th year from Woody -- because he's an incompetent fool who nobody wants to work for.

][emoji6]" timestamp="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" name="Jack Straw" userid="[emoji6][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]"] Robert Saleh, Adam Gase, Todd Bowles, Rex Ryan, Eric Mangini, Herm Edwards, Al Groh,  Bradway, Mike Tannenbaum, John Idzik, Mike Maccagnan, and Joe Douglas are all scapegoats for Woody Johnson.
Hint: it's the owner. All of the dysfunction begins and ends with Woody Johnson.
[/quote they have one think in common all rookies

Sent from my iPhone using ][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]JetNation.com mobile app

On 10/9/2024 at 11:02 AM, Saul Goodman said:

Respectfully disagree. 

“Sorry Woody, we are a package deal. I believe in what we’ve built, and think you should give it until the end of the season to make a move like this. If you decide to move forward, I’m not on board and you can let me go as well”. 

Note that most of the posters here think Douglas would be hired by another team the minute there was a new opening. 

If JD didn't want Saleh fired then I'm afraid he isn't cut out for this GM thing. Maybe he did want Saleh fired but didn't think it was a good idea for it to seem to be his idea.

This is his last chance to turn this thing around and he needs to make something happen rather than wait for the process to work it's self out. That's Saleh's MO and his downfall. If a GM wants more control from an owner he needs to take it. No one is giving away control without a struggle. Hopefully Ulbrich is the alpha that we need as a HC and JD finds his courage after we see some success. 

JD will certainly get another job but not as a GM for at least a few years.

On 10/9/2024 at 10:36 AM, peekskill68 said:

Probably in the minority here, but I've never felt JD was the problem.  Two big whiffs in Wilson and Becton for sure, but the guy seems to be decent at self-evaluation and correcting his mistakes.  That's all you can really hope for when you hire a guy with no prior experience as GM.  

With Saleh, there was no growth, no development, and an almost defiant attitude to adjust.  He was a top notch DC so it's no surprise that the defense was easy for him here.  But he never could master the skills required to lead an entire team, and he constantly showed his insecurity both with the players and with the media.  He needs a reset, first as a DC, then maybe a second chance at HC when he's matured more.  I could see him following a similar career path as Dan Quinn.

Agreed but these fans that want him gone think Woody going to get another GM like to level of a shanahan or a Cowher with a reputation. The reality Woody will bring in another dud like Idzik or Mac and watch the team talent level drop off. Still look at Darnold with no OL and his best weapons were Powell, Crowder, and 40 year old Frank Gore and the defense draft was a box safety and 2 DTs think talent wise this is best team we had in 13 years yeah he screwed up on Wilson Maybe Becton but he had some really good drafts. Think the guy checked out and will resign by end of the year and the fans that wanted him gone will finally see the Woody will bring in another Mac who will drive the franchise into the ground. Think until Woody sells the team this is what we have and will never see the playoffs again.

On 10/9/2024 at 3:12 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Actually Douglas was a big name teams were looking at. Chris Johnson actually did something Woody would not have done Ponied up the money. Think if Woody was here that would not have happened and your right after this no GM of any reputation will come to this team so you will get a team devoid of talent like it was for past decade. Players like Sauce Garrett Wilson will ditch this franchise demand to be traded you will get to draft more DTs and Box safety's like MAC and have the Quality drafts Idzik had should be fun.

39 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Actually Douglas was a big name teams were looking at. Chris Johnson actually did something Woody would not have done Ponied up the money. Think if Woody was here that would not have happened and your right after this no GM of any reputation will come to this team so you will get a team devoid of talent like it was for past decade. Players like Sauce Garrett Wilson will ditch this franchise demand to be traded you will get to draft more DTs and Box safety's like MAC and have the Quality drafts Idzik had should be fun.

Douglas was rumored to be the great OL whisper. What a joke he has been. Failed horribly at building his own OL/qb, had to resort from buying and trading guys good GMs no longer needed/wanted. JD got his shot, but like many he failed and because he had so many chances he will not get another. Players will go where the $ always. Just like the many gm hopefuls who never get the chance. JD will be mgr at dicks sports 1 day. He handed the team over already to Rodgers who is calling all the shots. Sadly that has been our best option anyway, because JD and Saleh haven’t done anything in the driver seat. Both are good as assistants but not top spot. 

On 10/9/2024 at 2:45 PM, Trotter said:

This is not an anti JD thread and I am not trying to bait anyone to going there but is it surprising that we have not heard one word from JD since yesterday?

Maybe I am reading too much into this but Woody corrects himself to make sure he tells everyone that this was his decision. Then he goes on the Reddick comments and his phrasing and words come across to me as he wants him in and while giving JD the authority to negotiate it his way which he should, that came across to me as I am taking charge, speak to me and we get this done. 

Not saying Woody would get it right and most likely would F it up, but telling that no mention of JD.

Like I said, maybe reading too much in and I just need to go find something else to do but I get a feeling JD is on very thin ice and who knows if he is even in on decisions the rest of the year.  

Not really much to say.  Owner said publicly that the decision was solely his.  Joe D isn't going to celebrate Saleh being fired and he's not going to criticize Woody for firing him.

• Upvote 1