Todd Downing PRESS CONFERENCE - taking over play-calling duties | SNY

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Heard two stats today that are crazy. 

1. Breece Hall leads all RBs in getting hit behind the LOS. Suggests the offense is telegraphing Breece runs. 

2. Using player tracking data, Jets running plays have an expected yards-per-carry of a measly 3.7 yards. The blocking has been bad, but the scheme is also bad. 

Hearkens back to Nate Tice’s point that Rodgers calling all the plays at the line has restricted the Jets run game, both from a formation perspective, but also in terms of variety of run plays because there’s obviously a limited amount of plays Rodgers can check to. 

Yup. The Jets running back plays are straight out of Tecmo Bowl. 

And to top it off, the defense knows when the Jets offense is running or passing. There's 2 guys in the backfield on every run play. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

These are interesting points but let's at least give it a couple of games under a new HC and play caller and then look back on these statements.

Of course, but their first and only challenge is going to be convincing Rodgers to play like 2019 Ryan Tannehill. 

• Haha 1

I was very happy with what I heard in that Presser. He seemed a bit nervous, but I did not at all get the sense he was bullshltting about the need for adjusting week to week based on attacking defenses. That is what we have been begging for over a decade. I am hopeful... but we all know this is the Jets we're talkin bout here! 

On 10/11/2024 at 2:52 PM, Plen T said:

From Saleh and Hackett 

To Ulbrich and Downing

Professionals are now in the room!

On 10/11/2024 at 3:13 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Based on absolutely nothing beyond watching a few Press Conferences, Ulbrich and Downing at least look and sound a HELL of a lot more competent than their predecessors. Saleh was like a boring corporate PR guy and Hackett seemed like a Pre-School teacher in their pressers. 

I want to believe!!! 

(Covering me nuts)

• Haha 1