New QB Era?!

Darth Vader

Jets | QB spot up for grabs

Fri, 5 May 2006 09:37:58 -0700

NewYorkJets.com reports New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum has declared the race for team's starting quarterback position wide open. "Ultimately Chad Pennington could play, Patrick Ramsey could play, Brooks Bollinger, (Kliff) Kingsbury could play, a draft pick could play. Competition will put the best player on the team," said Tannenbaum.

the chad pennington era is (officially) "officially over".

thanks and have a great day

I really hate the comments for media... Tannenbaum is just being polite... I am sure that in the back of his brain Pennington is number one qb and Ramsey is number 2 qb as well as Clemens is number 3...

I will laugh my arse off if Kingsbury or Bollinger win the starting job.

I really hate the comments for media... Tannenbaum is just being polite... I am sure that in the back of his brain Pennington is number one qb and Ramsey is number 2 qb as well as Clemens is number 3...

The above statemnt could NOT be further from the truth!

IF ANYTHING..Tanne is being respectful to Chad..but deep down he knows that Chad Will NOT even come close to being able to even COMPETE for a starting job...

this is a new coaching staff with 1 common goal - win football games. they have no loyalties to 'loved' vets, the best 11 will play on both sides of the ball.

this is a new coaching staff with 1 common goal - win football games. they have no loyalties to 'loved' vets, the best 11 will play on both sides of the ball.

Great Post!

No truer words were spoken. That's the way it should be EVERY YEAR! No one should be "handed" a starting job... EARN IT!!!

Something I have always maintained!! Play the best be they young or Old! And throw stats into the Garbage! Team Championships are the only thing that matters! As Vince Lombardi once said; Winning isn't everything..It's the Only thing!!:cheers:

exactly...

Someone who can only throw the ball 10 yards twice a day in MAY will NOT be starting QB in September..

Chad wont even beat out Bolly if you actually have competition.

Archived