"Around the Horn"-Buy or Sell

RSJ

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buy

Chad Penningtom making it through the entire 2009 season

Sell. The Dolphins want Henne to start, and it would be ****ed up not to let Penny-boy start the season. Penny-boy is going to be benched after he loses a couple and/or gets hurt.

Buy or Sell: The Jets will have a top 5 defense in the NFL.

Sell. The Dolphins want Henne to start, and it would be ****ed up not to let Penny-boy start the season. Penny-boy is going to be benched after he loses a couple and/or gets hurt.

Sell. They'll be tough, but we are still way too dependant on starters and lack depth at LB and DL.

Buy or Sell:

Thomas Jones rushes for over 1000 yards.

Buy TJ will get 1236

Buy or Sell

TJ and Leon both 1000 yards RUSHING

Sell. I don't think TJ is gonna hit 1000. I suspect the Curtis Martin mammoth droppoff from leading the league to virtual obscurity is headed his way. Leon might depending on how many touches he gets due to TJ's ineffectiveness.

Buy or Sell:

CLE wins more that 5 games.

Well we lost the first two last year and the stuck with him. All we did after that was go on to win 11 of 14 games. They want the best quarterback to start, they're not rooting for any particular guy; you're making way too much of a simple comment made in May. The staff recognizes that the future is in Chad Henne, but any one that doesn't think the present is in Pennington is a fool.

Well we lost the first two last year and the stuck with him. All we did after that was go on to win 11 of 14 games. They want the best quarterback to start, they're not rooting for any particular guy; you're making way too much of a simple comment made in May. The staff recognizes that the future is in Chad Henne, but any one that doesn't think the present is in Pennington is a fool.

F'ing Phins fans. No one gives a crap about Penny, recognize the concept of the thread. :rolleyes:

Sell. I don't think TJ is gonna hit 1000. I suspect the Curtis Martin mammoth droppoff from leading the league to virtual obscurity is headed his way. Leon might depending on how many touches he gets due to TJ's ineffectiveness.

Buy or Sell:

CLE wins more that 5 games.

Buy. Man=genious could have a short term impact, plus they have Cincy for two games, KC, Detroit, Oakland, and Jax.

Buy or Sell. Colts being a contender despite Peyton's clear regression and the team's turnover.

F'ing Phins fans. No one gives a crap about Penny, recognize the concept of the thread. :rolleyes:

Buy. Man=genious could have a short term impact, plus they have Cincy for two games, KC, Detroit, Oakland, and Jax.

Buy or Sell. Colts being a contender despite Peyton's clear regression and the team's turnover.

Can you explain why he continously comes up? Haha!

And what the **** are you talking about with Manning's regression? He was brilliant in the 2nd half of the season; I don't know that he's ever played better than he did down the strech of 2008. (Save 2004.)

Can you explain why he continously comes up? Haha!

And what the **** are you talking about with Manning's regression? He was brilliant in the 2nd half of the season; I don't know that he's ever played better than he did down the strech of 2008. (Save 2004.)

Seriously...who can explain Jets' fans? :rolleyes:

Look, who Peyton was brilliant against.

Texans were horrible at the time.

San Diego, Cleveland, Cincy, Cincy Detroit, Jax and TN who had the division wrapped up and played Vince Young.

B or S. Lions being the most improved team.

Seriously...who can explain Jets' fans? :rolleyes:

Look, who Peyton was brilliant against.

Texans were horrible at the time.

San Diego, Cleveland, Cincy, Cincy Detroit, Jax and TN who had the division wrapped up and played Vince Young.

B or S. Lions being the most improved team.

Oh yay, the old, "he played weak opponents" argument. There's a brilliant point.

Oh yay, the old, "he played weak opponents" argument. There's a brilliant point.

Well, he did.

3-6, 4-6, 4-7, 1-10-1, 5-9, 0-13, and VY.

Nuff said.

B or S. The Phins finishing 3rd or worse.

Well, he did.

3-6, 4-6, 4-7, 1-10-1, 5-9, 0-13, and VY.

Nuff said.

B or S. The Phins finishing 3rd or worse.

Buy reality strikes and the Dolfags comeback to the suck team they are.

Buy or sell ? Sanchez earns offensive rookie of the year. ::GoJets:

Buy reality strikes and the Dolfags comeback to the suck team they are.

Buy or sell ? Sanchez earns offensive rookie of the year. ::GoJets:

Sell. It might happen because the media loves him, but I can see Crabtree winning.

Buy or sell: Terrell Owens finds a permanent home in Buffalo.

Sell. It might happen because the media loves him, but I can see Crabtree winning.

Buy or sell: Terrell Owens finds a permanent home in Buffalo.

I think I already asked this question. Chicks. :rolleyes:;)

I buy it. No good reason other then he is the biggest star on the football team and in town. Maybe the will work for him when he was not the biggest in his past stops.

B or S: Adrian Peterson hitting 2000 yards one season in his career.

I buy it. No good reason other then he is the biggest star on the football team and in town. Maybe the will work for him when he was not the biggest in his past stops.

BUY. I think it's possible this year.. oh wait.. Brad Childress. :face:

Buy or Sell: The Jets will reach 11 regular season wins over the next three years.

Sell, injuries and playing in a division with generally decent run defenses will slow him too much.

B or S - Matt Leinart will be a starting NFL QB for at least 2 full seasons by the time his career is done.

Sell, injuries and playing in a division with generally decent run defenses will slow him too much.

B or S - Matt Leinart will be a starting NFL QB for at least 2 full seasons by the time his career is done.

You skipped mine.

Sell: he sucks.

Buy or Sell: the Jets will have an 11 win regular season over the next three years.

Sell: he sucks.

Buy or Sell: the Jets will have an 11 win regular season over the next three years.

Buy, but only if Sanchez works out (I think he will, I always loved Sanchez..even before the Jets drafted him. He is going to be special. I talked to a ton of scouts...and we got the best QB in the draft.). The Jets, if Sanchez works out, will be a very special team. We have a good defense now, and all we need is stability at QB. This season, thanks to a rookie QB and a tough schedule, will be tough. I think that we finally got our Namath, and I think in 2 seasons we will be a great team.

Buy or Sell: Matt Stafford is the savior for Detroit.

BUY. I think it's possible this year.. oh wait.. Brad Childress. :face:

Buy or Sell: The Jets will reach 11 regular season wins over the next three years.

I don't think Adrian Peterson is durable enough to ever eclipse 2,000 yards. It will take too many carries and he's proven that his body isn't stable enough to handle that pounding. Injured too often.

Buy, but only if Sanchez works out (I think he will, I always loved Sanchez..even before the Jets drafted him. He is going to be special. I talked to a ton of scouts...and we got the best QB in the draft.). The Jets, if Sanchez works out, will be a very special team. We have a good defense now, and all we need is stability at QB. This season, thanks to a rookie QB and a tough schedule, will be tough. I think that we finally got our Namath, and I think in 2 seasons we will be a great team.

Buy or Sell: Matt Stafford is the savior for Detroit.

Sell. You have to build the core of the football team before you can find yourself a competant quarterback and set him up for success. The pick should've been Jason Smith.

Buy or sell: The Packers return to form and win the NFC North.

Sell. You have to build the core of the football team before you can find yourself a competant quarterback and set him up for success. The pick should've been Jason Smith.

Buy or sell: The Packers return to form and win the NFC North.

BUY. Aaron Rodgers will bust ass in his second year, Raji will be an instant success, and that defense could be one of the best units in the league. I think that team is stacked, and they will be a force a while.

Buy or Sell: Chad Ochocinco will have a Pro Bowl year.

BUY. Aaron Rodgers will bust ass in his second year, Raji will be an instant success, and that defense could be one of the best units in the league. I think that team is stacked, and they will be a force a while.

Sell - He's been done for about two years now. His numbers will dwindle while his mouth speeds up.

B - S ------- Shonne Green will have the most TD's of all Jets RB's in 2009.

I agree, man. I think the Packers are going a long way this year. Rodgers is one of the top, young gunslingers in the business and with Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, Lee and Finley as targets, that is going to be an elite passing offense. And you're right about the defense, they needed to find a nose to make that switch to the 34 and Raji is just that. I also like what they've done with the pass rush, I think Clay Matthews succeeds right away himself.

If those senior citizen corners can stay healthy, they'll be tough to beat.

I buy it. He's got his head back on straight and has actually implemented an off-season workout regimend. He's also reaching out to redevelop a solid relationship with his quarterback. Put him down for 80 catches, 1200 yards and 10 scores.

Buy or sell: The Ravens duplicate their defensive success from 2008.

Sell - He's been done for about two years now. His numbers will dwindle while his mouth speeds up.

B - S ------- Shonne Green will have the most TD's of all Jets RB's in 2009.

I'll sell it. I like Greene, think he's a good player and I think this will actually be a close race, but I'll go with Thomas Jones in the end.

I'll pose my same question.

Buy or sell: The Ravens defense duplicates its success in 2008.

I'll sell it. I like Greene, think he's a good player and I think this will actually be a close race, but I'll go with Thomas Jones in the end.

Sell - No Scott, no D-coordinator, Lewis is a year older, no stud CB's to save them. I think we have seen the end of the Ravens dominant defense.

B - S ---- Cardinals miss the playoffs and Fitzgerald comes back to earth.

I'll sell it. To duplicate it, they would have to be second best in the league. I don't think they will do that again with the loss of Scott, Douglas, Leonhard, and the big one - Rex Ryan. I say top 5, they just won't be able to be #2 again -IMO.

Buy or Sell: Mark Sanchez throws 15 TD passes this year.

Sell - No Scott, no D-coordinator, Lewis is a year older, no stud CB's to save them. I think we have seen the end of the Ravens dominant defense.

B - S ---- Cardinals miss the playoffs and Fitzgerald comes back to earth.

I'll buy the Cards missing the playoffs, but I'll Fitzy coming back to earth. IMO, when it's all said and done, we're going to talk about Larry Fitzgerald with Jerry Rice when we talk about all time greats.

I'll sell it. To duplicate it, they would have to be second best in the league. I don't think they will do that again with the loss of Scott, Douglas, Leonhard, and the big one - Rex Ryan. I say top 5, they just won't be able to be #2 again -IMO.

Sell. We'd all agree that Matt Ryan had one of the greatest rookie years of all time for a passer and he only had 16. He also had Roddy White and Michael Jenkins. Sanchez doesn't have the weapons and the Jets want to pound the rock.

Sell. We'd all agree that Matt Ryan had one of the greatest rookie years of all time for a passer and he only had 16. He also had Roddy White and Michael Jenkins. Sanchez doesn't have the weapons and the Jets want to pound the rock.

You would screw up a wet dream.

Sell. IMHO Sanchez sits until the bye week.

B or S. Aquafever continuing to FAIL in grasping the concept of this thread.

You would screw up a wet dream.

Sell. IMHO Sanchez sits until the bye week.

B or S. Aquafever continuing to FAIL in grasping the concept of this thread.

BUY - because as long as the two magic words, Chad Pennington come popping up...you've been here long enough to know what happens...

Buy or Sell: Trent Edwards is the franchise QB for the Bills.

BUY - because as long as the two magic words, Chad Pennington come popping up...you've been here long enough to know what happens...

Buy or Sell: Trent Edwards is the franchise QB for the Bills.

Buy. He is the franchise QB.....for now.

B or S: The Raid-duhs moving back to LA.

Archived