The play to end the Yankee game tonight

nj meadowlands

Was a better CATCH than Jeter going into the seats... correct? Not situation wise, but just pure catch. UNBELIEVABLE.

Jeter's catch was 100x's better and it's not even open for discussion.

Jeter was going full steam and he dove head first without stopping into the stands and still made the play.

Melky's catch last night was a better play than this one tonight.

Noooo. way. Jeter made the catch 5 yards in play

You're buggin. 15 ft? LOL...maybe 5 and he was running full steam.

Tonights catch wasn't that great,like I said Melky's catch last night blew tonights out of the water and Jeters made them both look like little league plays.

Get off my boy Jeter's jock.

Tonights catch wasn't that great,like I said Melky's catch last night blew tonights out of the water and Jeters made them both look like little league plays.

Dude Jeet is my 2nd fav Yank ever. But look at the Phillips play a few more times. He was PARALLEL TO THE GROUND when he made that catch. It was five rows back. At the very least, it makes David Wright's 2 plays last year look like dog****. And it edges out Jeter going into the stands. However, none of these plays come close to Jeter's in the ALDS

So this is what 2 retards arguing about who does a better job removing Derek Jeter's dingleberries with their tongue sounds like?

smizzy: "Im Jeter's biggest fan."

Fake80: "No, I toss his salad better than you smizzy, rah rah, go Yankees"

#*@% you both!

That said...I didnt see the play to end the game last night, but unless someone dove headfirst into the stands AND did a reverse 360 jam...there is no comparison to Jeter's dive into the stands last year as Nomar sat out with a vaginal injury mind you.

Phillips' play was nice, but it does not compare to Jeter's running catch.

Phillips was able to camp under the pop-up and had time for a beer before it got there. It was two rows deep and would have been no problem at all, if not for that idiot fan who tried to take it away by catching it in his cap.

So this is what 2 retards arguing about who does a better job removing Derek Jeter's dingleberries with their tongue sounds like?

smizzy: "Im Jeter's biggest fan."

Fake80: "No, I toss his salad better than you smizzy, rah rah, go Yankees"

#*@% you both!

You really need a ****ing hobby. You are the worst poster in the history of the internet.

Wasn't that great??! No it wasn't as good as Jeter's but this was still an amazing catch. He had absolute perfect timing on his jump and managed to hold onto the ball when his face slammed into the seat. Hell of an effort considering we were up 5 runs and only needed 1 more out.

Jeter's catch is overrated. It was a good play, but I've seen people barely make catches on a full sprint many times. Is it really a better play cause he jumped into the stands three steps after he made the catch?

Jeter's catch is overrated. It was a good play, but I've seen people barely make catches on a full sprint many times. Is it really a better play cause he jumped into the stands three steps after he made the catch?

If that's your comments on Jeter's catch, then either you are a big time Mets or Bosox fan, the kind that would rather put down anything Yankees, instead of cheering on your own team. Or perhaps you are blind (which I doubt). Or perhaps you just have no clue.

But there is no way that Jeter's catch is even remotely considered over-rated. No way.

Phillips grab was very nice, but he did have time to camp under it and prepare for the "dive" into the stands. SO it is lower on the scale than Jeter's.

Melky's catch was very similar to teh catch the Dodgers made on Berra in the 1955 WS. Very similar. I saw enough replays of that catch to safely compare the 2.

I see outfielders make catches like that all the time, Jeters wasn't any better just because he fell into the stands. Sure it was a great play in a close game, but I bet most shortstops could make it assuming they could run as fast as Jeter. If he hadn't fallen into the stands, it wouldn't have gotten any more attention than any of the other highlights that day. And if it wasn't Jeter, it would have gotten even less. The phillips catch the other night wasn't even the best play that day.

I see outfielders make catches like that all the time, Jeters wasn't any better just because he fell into the stands. Sure it was a great play in a close game, but I bet most shortstops could make it assuming they could run as fast as Jeter. If he hadn't fallen into the stands, it wouldn't have gotten any more attention than any of the other highlights that day. And if it wasn't Jeter, it would have gotten even less.

Give it up. You haters got no clue.

If that's your comments on Jeter's catch, then either you are a big time Mets or Bosox fan, the kind that would rather put down anything Yankees, instead of cheering on your own team. Or perhaps you are blind (which I doubt). Or perhaps you just have no clue.

But there is no way that Jeter's catch is even remotely considered over-rated. No way.

Phillips grab was very nice, but he did have time to camp under it and prepare for the "dive" into the stands. SO it is lower on the scale than Jeter's.

hahaha, priceless comments from this guy!!!!!

thoa048.jpg

Give it up. You haters got no clue.

What ever happened to giving credit where it's due?

Both were great plays and thats that. I saw David Wright make a couple of off the charts, gold glove plays last week. The man is a stud at 3B. See how that goes? I'm a Yankee fan and it doesn't hurt to speak objectively about a guy on a team I have little to no interest in on days when they're not playing the Yankees.

What ever happened to giving credit where it's due?

Both were great plays and thats that. I saw David Wright make a couple of off the charts, gold glove plays last week. The man is a stud at 3B. See how that goes? I'm a Yankee fan and it doesn't hurt to speak objectively about a guy on a team I have little to no interest in on days when they're not playing the Yankees.

Over in Mets land....The only credit they give is to the Mets players. Everybody else sucks . I mean where else do you see fan watch a good play only to compare it to Yankee plays of the past to legitimize their play?

Over in Mets land....The only credit they give is to the Mets players. Everybody else sucks . I mean where else do you see fan watch a good play only to compare it to Yankee plays of the past to legitimize their play?

If that makes you feel better

I'm speaking objectively about them. I think the catch in the stands is overrated, and I think the catch Phillips made was good effort and a good catch, but nothing on the scale of either of the two jeter plays mentioned.

Smizzy, Met fans posted positively in the Melky catch on Manny thread.

Don't group us all because we don't agree on every Yankee related subject.

Archived