Would you trade Jolley for Lelie?

CoachTsurfing

There has been no talk of this that I can find anywhere. This is just a what if? Denver has been looking for a TE, they got rebuffed by the Pats for Graham. Would anyone be upset if we traded Doug Jolley for Ashley Lelie? Or anyone of our TE's we have quite a few? Thoughts and opinions.

There has been no talk of this that I can find anywhere. This is just a what if? Denver has been looking for a TE, they got rebuffed by the Pats for Graham. Would anyone be upset if we traded Doug Jolley for Ashley Lelie? Or anyone of our TE's we have quite a few? Thoughts and opinions.

Maybe Herm wants him in KC...I would take that Priest guy (Holmes) that probably won't make the KC team anyway. We could use a little "religion" on the Jets.

Ashley Lelie is a good WR and I'd love to have him on our team but 2 things-one I doubt Denver would trade him and 2-I kinda would like to see what we have In Jolley b/c last year we really didn't get to see what we actually have in terms of pass catchers with the way our O-line and then QB corps was decimated.

I KNOW what kind of receivers Coles and McCairens are (again,last year was an abomination) Cotchery I still don't know but suspect I'm gonna find out-finally.These are things we never got to learn under Edwards.Baker?I wonder if he has the smarts to play in this system and maybe that's why he's listed as a back-up BEHIND Jolley.So right now I say no thanks-I keep Doug Jolley-and I think I'm in the minority on the boards with this...

Absolutely NOT.

We just got ourselves out of a cap mess. You want to sign up for another one this early? Lelie is a non-premiere WR seeking premiere-WR money & is going to hold out (or at least a moody problem-child) until/unless he gets it.

We already have Ashley Lelie on our team. We call him Justin McCariens. And if Chad does in fact start the season, what's the purpose of having a stretch-the-field WR? So Chad can tell him to go deep & then check down to BJ Askew?

I'd rather have Jolley. At least he's cuttable with zero penalty (we didn't give him a SB) if he totally proves to be a waste of a roster spot.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Broncos trade a receiver. With Rod Smith, Javon Walker, and Ashley Lelie making bigtime $$$, someone is going to be unhappy to be the 3rd wheel, and that will probably end up Lelie. That could lead to a trade.

However, I don't see Lelie as a Jet.

We already have Ashley Lelie on our team. We call him Justin McCariens. And if Chad does in fact start the season, what's the purpose of having a stretch-the-field WR? So Chad can tell him to go deep & then check down to BJ Askew?

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.:cheers:

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.:cheers:

Actually, if it is true that Chad can only check down to the FB with a Lelie stretching the field then I don't think Chad is our starting QB. Something tells me Mangini is a little smarter than that. ;)

As for the Jolley trade, I really don't know the answer to that. Sperm made a good point about the cap implications which I otherwise would not have considered. Given that, I say we let Jolley show something and if he doesn't then it's over for him anyway.

Actually, if it is true that Chad can only check down to the FB with a Lelie stretching the field then I don't think Chad is our starting QB. Something tells me Mangini is a little smarter than that. ;)

I was only semi-kidding with this one. If Chad can't reach a WR going deep, he won't be starting. But just b/c he CAN go deep doesn't mean he WILL go deep.

As for the Jolley trade, I really don't know the answer to that. Sperm made a good point about the cap implications which I otherwise would not have considered. Given that, I say we let Jolley show something and if he doesn't then it's over for him anyway.

It's all about the cap unless you're getting a difference-maker. There are going to be players who you shell out millions/yr for who are mediocre or don't live up to their hype, but that should be the exception rather than the rule. Signing Lelie for big bucks is just asking for it.

Denver certainly realizes.

Absolutely NOT.

We just got ourselves out of a cap mess. You want to sign up for another one this early? Lelie is a non-premiere WR seeking premiere-WR money & is going to hold out (or at least a moody problem-child) until/unless he gets it.

I'd rather have Jolley. At least he's cuttable with zero penalty (we didn't give him a SB) if he totally proves to be a waste of a roster spot.

POTW NOM

Archived