The "Rainy Day" Edition of POTW - June 28 2006

GreenBeans

Y'all folks up north ave enough of the rain yet? My goodness, I hope those of you in upstate NY, Pa, and anywhere else flooding is occurring are safe and sound.

POTW is breaking new ground this week - the winner is a quote from a chat session! Bob pointed out the quote, TX smartly (yes, I said smartly and TX in the same phrase) nominated it, and it's you winner for this week. So, congratulations go out to RichCimini for his big POTW win this week! The winner reads as follows:

[smizzy] 8:40 pm: Is this the yr J.Cotchery becomes a household name? Or are my expectations to high?

[RichCimini] 8:41 pm: Household name? Maybe in the Cotchery household.

Thank you again to Bob for catching and TX for the gem that is this week's POTW winner!

Other posts nominated and considered this week were:

Originally Posted by Smizzy

Im not looking for rods...Just the reels.

----------

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

the main reason i detest the patriots is that they give me a reason to root for miami.

----------

Originally Posted by Bob

I've known T-Mac for years and never saw him without a hat on, before.

Originally Posted by Max

POTW NOM

Oh wait, I think I misread that.

----------

Originally Posted by Max

Yo Smizzy What's up?

(The nomination is funny, too)

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

Beans, POTW nomination.

That had to be Max's best line since the board was started.

----------

Originally Posted by jets22

closet jet fans? still can't figure out why Pats fans would spend so much time in a Jets site

:Nuts:

Originally Posted by Thor99

Sooth invited them here.

---------

Originally Posted by Max

Yeah that is just great. Fat jokes about people who aren't here to defend themselves...always hysterical.

For every joke you make along those lines....I will counter with one Sister In Law joke.

Let me know how that works out for you!

Originally Posted by Alk

WTF, is Limo your mistress or something?

---------

(The Runner-up of the Week Award Sponsored by PatsFanTX)

Originally Posted by PFSIKH

Did the wife or team finally get him a throwing arm?

They did, but he injured it when he was unwrapping it.

---------

Originally Posted by BwanaZulia

POTW NOM.

BZ

----------

Originally Posted by Max

Yeah that is just great. Fat jokes about people who aren't here to defend themselves...always hysterical.

For every joke you make along those lines....I will counter with one Sister In Law joke.

Let me know how that works out for you!

----------

Originally Posted by Newjetster

This crew is falling apart. In the span of 12 hours, T-Mac goes home early from the "lounge" in Vegas, Gunner changes his name to an acronym, now the only vestige of purity on the board - GG - is prostituting her brain. Whats next? Max takes a vow of heterosexuality?

----------

Originally Posted by Marko Cavka

You stop make fun of Leemo. She only lie about one thing. She never in exercise room.

-----------

Originally Posted by JetsFanInSec124

I was busting chops as I always seem to get mine busted whenever I make a grammar mistake.

Originally Posted by Green DNA

It's "a grammatical mistake" ;)

(Editor's Note - HA! This is GREAT!)

----------

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

Absolutely NOT.

We just got ourselves out of a cap mess. You want to sign up for another one this early? Lelie is a non-premiere WR seeking premiere-WR money & is going to hold out (or at least a moody problem-child) until/unless he gets it.

We already have Ashley Lelie on our team. We call him Justin McCariens. And if Chad does in fact start the season, what's the purpose of having a stretch-the-field WR? So Chad can tell him to go deep & then check down to BJ Askew?

I'd rather have Jolley. At least he's cuttable with zero penalty (we didn't give him a SB) if he totally proves to be a waste of a roster spot.

----------

Originally Posted by Bugg

Soccer enthusiasts have been saying roughly the same thing for 40 years, and especially after America hosted the World Cup.

The NASL and MISL are dead and buried.

The MLS stinks and draws flies. Any American player worth a damn plays in Europe.

It didn't take off after 1994.

This latest mess didn't help things. And the fact remains that most American athletes play other sports, even if they play soccer as children.

It's a boring game with not much action on a huge field. It's officials in it's biggest event make the NFL and NBA look pristine. And it's counterintutive. PICK UP THE DAMN BALL AND RUN WITH IT!And based on it's biggest play in it's history- Diego Maradona's "hand of God" BS-they throw out those rules when some ref decides he'll just ignore the rules.

There will always be unassimilated or 1st generation Americans and some college players who love the game. But spare the rest of us the go go ga ga "eat your vegetables" crap. Soccer sucks. We're Americans. We have better sports. Screw the rest of the world and their silly game. It's not ever taking off here so deal with it.

----------

Originally Posted by Max

I want minor celebrities here. We will not have arrived until we get a jetnation.com plug on CBS.

Originally Posted by Lady Jet

If you want, I can start posting on Big Brother boards and see if I can befriend one of them.

I don't want to get my husband mad, but maybe if I flirt just a little bit I can convince one of them to wear a JN T-Shirt on the show. Do you have any clean shirts left that I could give?

----------

Originally Posted by GREENSMACKS

i just bought some yankee toilet paper, the arod sheets are so smooth

Originally Posted by AirForceJetFan

Do the A-Rod sheets fall apart when you need them most? Like after a big lunch at Taco Bell?

----------

There they are in all of their glory, folks. I'll be out of town next week, so there will be a surprise guest handling the honors next week. It's going to be a surprse for Max and the mods as well, so stay tuned and get READY. :)

Be good and be safe -

GB

I expect Rich to make mention of this in the Daily News tomorrow. Cmon Rich, you know you want to do it.

Congratulations on the Post Of The Week victory. It is an award that will earn you instant credibility amongst fellow pencil jockeys!

:cheers:

I expect Rich to make mention of this in the Daily News tomorrow. Cmon Rich, you know you want to do it.

Congratulations on the Post Of The Week victory. It is an award that will earn you instant credibility amongst fellow pencil jockeys!

"Pencil Jockey" Gee wiz, where have I heard that term before?

There they are in all of their glory, folks. I'll be out of town next week, so there will be a surprise guest handling the honors next week. It's going to be a surprse for Max and the mods as well, so stay tuned and get READY. :)

Be good and be safe -

GB

GB, i'd be glad to do this. let the record reflect that only posts based upon "toilet humor" will be considered this week.

I'll be out of town next week, so there will be a surprise guest handling the honors next week. It's going to be a surprse for Max and the mods as well, so stay tuned and get READY. :)

Yeah...I can just see next week's winner, it will be a turd laced tirade. I think I will pass!

---------

(The Runner-up of the Week Award Sponsored by PatsFanTX)

Originally Posted by PFSIKH

Did the wife or team finally get him a throwing arm?

They did, but he injured it when he was unwrapping it.

---------

Man, if I can't win with that gem, I'll never win.

Can we expect the YouTube movie of you and GB fondling Rich's balls soon?

nothing against RC's quote which was good but Marko Cavka got robbed

I think Rich got extra credit for saying what he said and then having to face Cotch in the locker room. The voters take this into consideration.

I mean Cavka isn't really Cavka if you didn't know that. ;) That poster is afraid to reveal his identity because he is afraid of...well he is just afraid.

:P

Archived