Pat Tillman

Bugg

I'm only going to say that s hit happens...he's high profile. As a former Army Ranger, I can tell you that we are a proud and highly trained unit...however, that doesn't mean we are excempt from making mistakes. It happens...it's happened since the beginning of time and will continue to happen. When you have ground pounders out in the bush, everything has to be perfect...from the front line point man giving coordinates to the rear echelon and everything in between...and believe me, that involves a lot of s hit.

Now, I am not condoning what happened to Tillman one bit. But, I think of guys I knew that were KIA by friendly fire. Army wrote it up as hostile fire. They (Army and all branches of service for that matter) live by there own rules and it will never change. It's bad enough having a civilian as Commander 'n Chief...never mind having civilians control what the military does.

It's a real shame what happened to Tillman, but the books are full of "Tillman's" and you'll never know who they are.

This topic should be moved to the lounge area...it could get pretty "political" also and you might want to lock it.

I'm only going to say that s hit happens...he's high profile. As a former Army Ranger, I can tell you that we are a proud and highly trained unit...however, that doesn't mean we are excempt from making mistakes. It happens...it's happened since the beginning of time and will continue to happen. When you have ground pounders out in the bush, everything has to be perfect...from the front line point man giving coordinates to the rear echelon and everything in between...and believe me, that involves a lot of s hit.

Now, I am not condoning what happened to Tillman one bit. But, I think of guys I knew that were KIA by friendly fire. Army wrote it up as hostile fire. They (Army and all branches of service for that matter) live by there own rules and it will never change. It's bad enough having a civilian as Commander 'n Chief...never mind having civilians control what the military does.

It's a real shame what happened to Tillman, but the books are full of "Tillman's" and you'll never know who they are.

This topic should be moved to the lounge area...it could get pretty "political" also and you might want to lock it.

Agree 100%.

This in no way means I don't respect what Tillman did, but if it was Joe Blow from Iowa we wouldn't be hearing about this.

Thanks for your service JetFanFL. Blokes like you make me proud to live in this Country.

Agree 100%.

This in no way means I don't respect what Tillman did, but if it was Joe Blow from Iowa we wouldn't be hearing about this.

Thanks for your service JetFanFL. Blokes like you make me proud to live in this Country.

Gainzo, thank you for your kind words...I think I've told you this before, but I fought right along side Aussie Rangers...a great group of guys who don't get near enough credit that they deserve...we will always be "brothers forever".

Gainzo, thank you for your kind words...I think I've told you this before, but I fought right along side Aussie Rangers...a great group of guys who don't get near enough credit that they deserve...we will always be "brothers forever".

No worries mate. I could never come close to what you have done.

The Aussie special forces are called the SAS (Australian Special Air Service).

Those are some crazy dudes! They were in Afghanistan in Oct. 2001 doing the 'scouting' work that needed to be done before we started the attacks.

The funny thing is that on Aussie TV they won't show the faces of the SAS guys. They showed them boarding a plane from the neck-down.

Had to add this:

Sas_badge.gif

Who Dares Wins represents the importance of courage, resourcefulness and the willingness to try new ways of successfully accomplishing missions that are thought to be impossible.

I didn't know quite where to post it. And it should go without saying that JFF and all our servicemen and women deserve our support and utmost respect, and above all, our thanks. I don't want it to be a political issue. Just thought it was an interesting and thorough article about an NFL player who was KIA.

Saw a show on one of the military channels the other night about the battle of Midway.The carrier pilots surprsingly and against great odds changes the course of the war in the Pacific with a remarkable attack sinking 4 Japanese carriers. And yet they found themselves targeted by their own anitacraft guns when they tried to land on their carriers. Sadly some level of friendly fire is pretty much a given in any military action.

If management chooses to move it to the lounge, I have no objection.

I didn't know quite where to post it. And it should go without saying that JFF and all our servicemen and woment deserve our support and utmost respect, and above all, our thanks. I don't want it to be a political issue. Just thought it was an interesting and thorough article about an NFL player who was KIA.

Saw a show on one of the military channels the other night about the battle of Midway.The carrier pilots surprsingly and against great odds changes the course of the war in the Pacific with a remarkable attack sinking 4 Japanese carriers. And yet they found themselves targeted by their own anitacraft guns when they tried to land on their carriers. Sadly some level of friendly fire is pretty much a given in any military action.

If management chooses to move it to the lounge, I have no objection.

I don't think there is an issue. I have turned this into an appreciation thread for JetFanFL anyways!

Archived