Ty Law Signs With Kansas City

PatsFanTX

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law agreed to a five-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

Law spent last season with the New York Jets, leading the NFL with 10 interceptions. He will rejoin coach Herman Edwards in Kansas City. Edwards left the Jets for the Chiefs in January, and has vowed to rebuild a defense that has been near the bottom of the league for five years.

Law is expected to be in Kansas City on Monday for a physical, team spokesman Bob Moore told The Associated Press.

All kidding aside, Herm has absolute no excuses now. The weakest part of the Chief's defense was their secondary. Now they have Surtain and Law. If he can't at least get that team to the second round, he should be fired on the spot.

Wonder how the Master Douchebag is gonna square his new-found "disciplinarian" act with a guy who doesn't work out with the team, takes days off, doesn't give a dip about making his weight.

Kelly Holcomb-after giving Law three pointless INTs in the season finale-should get a chunk of that bonus.

A year ago he set an all time Jet team record as the CB with the most INT's in a season. If he does the same with the Chiefs no one will be crying, unless Chief fans are as dopey as Jet fans and if Ty Law leaves he will be immediately described as a POS who had ten INT's because NFL QB's felt sorry for him and threw the INT's right at him.

Jet fans would rather have Andre Dyson and Justin Miller starting at CB with their grand total of 1 INT between them last year.

A year ago he set an all time Jet team record as the CB with the most INT's in a season. If he does the same with the Chiefs no one will be crying, unless Chief fans are as dopey as Jet fans and if Ty Law leaves he will be immediately described as a POS who had ten INT's because NFL QB's felt sorry for him and threw the INT's right at him.

Jet fans would rather have Andre Dyson and Justin Miller starting at CB with their grand total of 1 INT between them last year.

Well with Herm's much improved defense and the same unstoppable offense the Chiefs will surely win at least 12 games, yes?

Chiefs | Law contract worth $30 million

Mon, 24 Jul 2006 06:43:33 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs CB Ty Law's agreed to a five-year, $30 million contract. He is scheduled to take a physical and sign his contract Monday, July 24.

How many years does he stay in KC?

"A year ago he set an all time Jet team record as the CB with the most INT's in a season. If he does the same with the Chiefs no one will be crying, unless Chief fans are as dopey as Jet fans and if Ty Law leaves he will be immediately described as a POS who had ten INT's because NFL QB's felt sorry for him and threw the INT's right at him.

Jet fans would rather have Andre Dyson and Justin Miller starting at CB with their grand total of 1 INT between them last year."

Lia-

Again-name the 5 teams that were clamoring for Coach Jerk Chicken. Still seem to be at a loss. What gives? Are there 5 such teams, or was there only Carl Peterson looking for a frontman?

Don't have them do you?

3 INTs in a game nobody but inexplicably Edwards cared about against the immortal Kelly Holcomb is a bit short of Lester Hayes/Darrell Green greatness. Again, Holycomb should get some loot.

At the most, 2 years unless they move him to the safety position.

He is going to Safety. It might not be in K.C., I don't know the contract #s. But without a doubt he will end up at Safety before he retires.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law passed his physical and officially signed a five-year, $30 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday, adding an established star to a defense that could be on the rise.

"We are very pleased to have Ty with us," Chiefs president and general manager Carl Peterson told The Associated Press. "I just talked with our doctors. He's fine. He came in at 208 pounds. He's been working out and it shows. He's ready to go."

Law will rejoin Herman Edwards, who coached him with the New York Jets last year, when the veteran came back from a severe foot injury and led the NFL with 10 interceptions. Chiefs spokesman Bob Moore said Law will take his physical Monday.

Edwards, who replaced Dick Vermeil as head coach of the Chiefs, is a former Pro Bowl cornerback and has vowed to revamp a Kansas City defense that the past five years has been near the bottom of the league.

The 32-year-old Law, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, will pair with Patrick Surtain in what could be the Chiefs' strongest secondary since James Hasty and Dale Carter anchored the backfield in the mid-1990s.

Also bolstering the defense will be end Tamba Hali, the team's first-round pick out of Penn State who is thought to be close to signing a contract that would get him in uniform for the start of training camp in River Falls, Wis., on Friday.

Since 2001, a woeful defense has hurt the Chiefs' offense, which racked up yards and points behind running backs Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson, tight end Tony Gonzalez, and Pro Bowl linemen Brian Waters, Will Shields and Willie Roaf.

But the defense last year showed signs of coming around, with the signing of Surtain and the emergence of second-year defensive end Jared Allen, who led the team with 11 sacks.

Law cost the Jets around $6 million last year. Terms of his deal with Kansas City were not immediately available.

"It got to a number where we were comfortable and they were comfortable," Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson told the Kansas City Star. "Hopefully, he will be well worth the effort."

His presence is certain to excite both fans and teammates, as it did Allen, who was driving to Kansas City on Sunday when told of the news.

"That is awesome," he shouted. When he turned to teammate and linebacker Boomer Grigsby and told him, Grigsby let out a whoop, too.

"That's going to be a huge help to us," Allen said. "Our defense is going to be awesome. The guy's a great athlete, a great player. He's been to the Super Bowl."

The Chiefs talked with Law last year before he signed with the Jets. They were one of several teams interested in picking him up this season.

"I didn't think it would happen," Allen said. "Rumors were always floating around. But I'm really glad we got him."

Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.

Why do they keep saying Edwards was a pro-bowl CB? He wasn't. He also can't coach CB's who aren't already accomplished and/or uber-talented.

It's not complicated. Edwards is a liar, and nobody calls him on it. You could go back and check; Edwards was never a Pro Bowl starter, though he may have been named to the team. Nobody has gotten more out of one freak play in sports history than Edwards.

Edwards stats-no mention of Pro Bowl

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=EDWARHER01

pro Bowl rosters-Edwards played from 1977 through 1986. You can go back and forth through tabs at top of link. No sign of Hermie. He wasn't beating out Lott or Walls most years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/misc/pb1984.htm

This Pats fan (me) is rather disappointed that Law did not sign with the Patriots. I am not comfortable with the midgets they have platooning the secondary - especially with Harrison and Gay starting camp on the PUP list. So, as of right now, the Pats' starting corners are Hobbs - who has a lot of heart and talent - AND is 5'8" and Samuel who sometimes does a great impersonation of a China Doll.

This Pats fan (me) is rather disappointed that Law did not sign with the Patriots. I am not comfortable with the midgets they have platooning the secondary - especially with Harrison and Gay starting camp on the PUP list. So, as of right now, the Pats' starting corners are Hobbs - who has a lot of heart and talent - AND is 5'8" and Samuel who sometimes does a great impersonation of a China Doll.

I agree with you 100% about the PATS D.

you can pretty much say the same thing about there team this season.

I agree with you 100% about the PATS D.

you can pretty much say the same thing about there team this season.

I find the Pats secondary servicable.

The Pats LB's are good, albeit thin - they are currently one or two injuries away from catastrophe.

The Pats D-Line is arguably the best in the league.

I find the Pats secondary servicable.

The Pats LB's are good, albeit thin - they are currently one or two injuries away from catastrophe.

The Pats D-Line is arguably the best in the league.

I am sorry to say but the Pats are in a lot of trouble this season. they will be luck if they win 8 games.:eek:

I am sorry to say but the Pats are in a lot of trouble this season. they will be luck if they win 8 games.:eek:

8 games? Shoot the secondary is in deep poo-poo, the lbs are thin and the d-line is over-rated. The o-line is unstable, the rb position is up in the air, they have no te's and they have only one wr. Plus, Brady is too busy picking out man-purses to pay attention in practice. You just had to know his metrosexuality was 'gonna catch up with him sooner or later. Damn 5-year wonder that he was! So, 8 games? Pats will be lucky to win 5! Clearly, the pre-season favorite to win the division are the Buffalo Bills. Now there is a team! Levy doing his best to bring the team back to its glory days. What a draft they had! And boy, the QB impresses too. What's his name again?

Archived