NYPOST - EMBARRASSING DISPLAY MARS 1ST DAY

GreenBeans

I am so happy that the reporters are having a hard time with the Jets front office and players. It's about time we have gotten a little secretive about what's going on. Now, for the critism. What the hell could he possible have been asked that he couldn't have said no comment or just walked away at the point where the questions he was ordered not to answer came up. So, do I think he should have stuck around for a little Q and A yeah, do I care that nypost writers already hate our new style. Not in the least.

I am so happy that the reporters are having a hard time with the Jets front office and players. It's about time we have gotten a little secretive about what's going on. Now, for the critism. What the hell could he possible have been asked that he couldn't have said no comment or just walked away at the point where the questions he was ordered not to answer came up. So, do I think he should have stuck around for a little Q and A yeah, do I care that nypost writers already hate our new style. Not in the least.

Have you ever participated in two a days? My bet is he was just rushing off to get home and get some rest. In fact, another post said he was giggling while he was jogging away. That sounds about right to me, he was just playing with them. Good job Brick, worry about football only.

The message to the media is "watch practice". If you know the gamwe, that's really all you're going to need. The circus has left town for good. All of these guys should know soemthing about football. Cannizaro, Cimini, berger and Lange have all been on the beat for a while.

Now if one of these guys takes a collar or messes up, that's a story. Other than that, the rest of it is mostly fluff. And truth be told, all those stories Edwards ladled out were ultimately pointless.

The big story of today is Justin Mccariens is so out of shape he's on the PUP list. And that Martin, every day of his 33 years old, is also now on the PUP. There's your story. Tell us why you guys in the press, fed "warrior" idiocy of Edwards for 5 years as Martin's speed, elusivness and prodcution fell off the table, somehow believed Martin could be a feature back, and how a starting NFL WR could show up to this camp out-of-shape. There it is in black&white-all the "warrior" crap laid bare. WRITE THOSE FREAKING STORIES. I don't really care about the dorms and all that crap.

And in fairness, Cimini writes a good story about practice. There, there Richie-was that so hard?

The message to the media is "watch practice". If you know the gamwe, that's really all you're going to need. The circus has left town for good. All of these guys should know soemthing about football. Cannizaro, Cimini, berger and Lange have all been on the beat for a while.

Now if one of these guys takes a collar or messes up, that's a story. Other than that, the rest of it is mostly fluff. And truth be told, all those stories Edwards ladled out were ultimately pointless.

The big story of today is Justin Mccariens is so out of shape he's on the PUP list. And that Martin, every day of his 33 years old, is also now on the PUP. There's your story. Tell us why you guys in the press, fed "warrior" idiocy of Edwards for 5 years as Martin's speed, elusivness and prodcution fell off the table, somehow believed Martin could be a feature back, and how a starting NFL WR could show up to this camp out-of-shape. There it is in black&white-all the "warrior" crap laid bare. WRITE THOSE FREAKING STORIES. I don't really care about the dorms and all that crap.

And in fairness, Cimini writes a good story about practice. There, there Richie-was that so hard?

I missed it-Where was the McCareins "out of shape" article?

My good pal from jetsaddicts MSGOLD12 started a thread about this over at JI and according to Sooth Cannizzaro was reading THE thread in the media room and laughing at everybody trash him.

I think my response to that thread will go over like a fart in church with SOOTH. O well.

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120775&page=1&pp=20

That was my first time checking out that sight. Strange, very strange.

Bugg, until I read it in other spots, I had not heard that McCareins was "out of shape", and that it was a foot injury.

PUP does not necessarily mean you are out of shape. It means that you are unable to participate.

http://jets.scout.com/2/550563.html

McCareins fails conditioning test

In a surprising move, Jets coach Eric Mangini didn't allow veteran wide receiver Justin McCareins to take part in the team's first practice of training camp.

Mangini says the reason McCareins was held out, wasn't related to the leg injury the wide receiver suffered in June's minicamp.

The coach kept McCareins and cornerback Rayshun Reed out of the first session because they didn't pass the team's conditioning test on Thursday.

This is surprising news, considering McCareins has always been known as a diligent worker.

The coach said McCareins and Reed will be allowed to practice again, once they pass the test.

Performance by fans will be scrutinized by what is done on teh field, not in front of microphones.

Cannizarro blows is own cover by revealing that only if he would have talked to us we would have given a "positive story". Instead, we get this spiteful retort because he was scorned.

Sounds very childish

Hey Scott, did you ever get my PM?;)

I missed it-Where was the McCareins "out of shape" article?

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjnotes294833704jul29,0,2361736.story?coll=ny-jets-print

As per your request, SD. Newsday says as much.

Mangini to out-of-shape McCareins: Sit down

BY KEN BERGER

Newsday Staff Writer

July 29, 2006

Eric Mangini revealed Friday that receiver Justin McCareins was placed on the physically- unable-to-perform list because he didn't pass the team's conditioning test necessary to begin training camp.

In the process, the Jets' new coach sent a message that his doghouse is open for business and that it's a very public place.

"He just didn't pass the criteria that we had to start practice," Mangini said after the first practice of his first training camp. "I'm not going to put anybody on the field that can't pass the criteria to get on the field, because it's not safe for them and it's not what we expect."

McCareins missed the final practice of June minicamp with a foot injury, but Mangini said, "This has nothing to do with an injury."

As expected, the coach offered no elaboration on Curtis Martin's status as he tries to recover from surgery on his right knee. Martin, McCareins, center Trey Teague and defensive back Rayshun Reed can be removed from the PUP list and return to practice at any time.

Archived