Chiefs | Roaf retires

FoxJet

Chiefs | Roaf retires

Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:48:57 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs OL Willie Roaf, one of the league's premier offensive linemen, has decided to retire from football after 13 seasons. While he was adamant about his desire to play early in the offseason, lingering injuries to his hamstring and knee led to Roaf's decision to retire.

:Typotux:

That's pretty effed up. When Shields was thinking about retiring, he said he talked it over with his good friend Roaf and they both decided they would go one more year if the other did the same. Hell of a friend right there.

hahaha. Herm's getting his pre-season failure excuses early this year.

I'd love it if Shields changed his mind right now also.

Agree Alk that is f*cked up of Roaf to say this now, 3 months AFTER an OT-rich draft. Gotta feel for Larry Johnson just a little bit. From his POV, he's finally going to be "the man" starting on opening day, with a coach who's as anti-RBBC as they get, and your HOF left-tackle retires a month before the season starts.

hahaha. Herm's getting his pre-season failure excuses early this year.

I'd love it if Shields changed his mind right now also.

Agree Alk that is f*cked up of Roaf to say this now, 3 months AFTER an OT-rich draft. Gotta feel for Larry Johnson just a little bit. From his POV, he's finally going to be "the man" starting on opening day, with a coach who's as anti-RBBC as they get, and your HOF left-tackle retires a month before the season starts.

Shouldn't they have possibly planned for this and drafted one anyway, at least for depth, given that their oline is right on the cusp of collecting social security?

Oh wait, I forgot who their new HC is, my bad.

Think they might want to take that ridiculous Bernard Pollard pick back & take Eric Winston instead? Naaaaah.

They should have done that anyway. Unfortunately, as we know, Herman Edwards does not believe in preparing for the future. A pair of starting tackles with over 20 seasons combined NFL experience? They'll be alright! Instead, let's spend 3 of our 7 picks on defensive backs. We'll throw a sixth rounder out to a developmental offensive tackle. That way, should Willie Roaf retire, the sixth rounder will be ready to dominate, Cavka-style.

They should have done that anyway. Unfortunately, as we know, Herman Edwards does not believe in preparing for the future. A pair of starting tackles with over 20 seasons combined NFL experience? They'll be alright! Instead, let's spend 3 of our 7 picks on defensive backs. We'll throw a sixth rounder out to a developmental offensive tackle. That way, should Willie Roaf retire, the sixth rounder will be ready to dominate, Cavka-style.

Troll you make it sound as though Roaf missed all or parts of 7 games last year when he was 35. Of course it should be expected that he play a full season and/or not retire at age 36. What a dumbass.

Chiefs | Roaf retires

Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:48:57 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs OL Willie Roaf, one of the league's premier offensive linemen, has decided to retire from football after 13 seasons. While he was adamant about his desire to play early in the offseason, lingering injuries to his hamstring and knee led to Roaf's decision to retire.

:Typotux:

PFT reported this about 3 weeks ago... Guess they nailed something.

I don't know what to do. Larry Johnson told me we had no Roaf, I thought he had a speech impediment and said loaf. I went out for more wonder bread and come back finding out we got no lineman. Maybe rajense....ehhh I mean Lia can help me out somehow and steal that DaBrickasomethin' away from the Jets.

Archived