Where does he fit?

Coles

McCareins

Cotch

Smith

Dwight

Are we reallly going to carry 6 WR's?

Doubt it

He could start on practice squad but to me the WR spots really are wide open - no exceptional players there-

If Newhouse doesn't Gessner-up his chances in pre-season games, then....

B-bye, J-Mac

come on Spermy-no way.I can see us carrying six since Dwight is also a KO/PR and Brad Smith is a hybrid player-playing the up guy on some designed fake punts-who can also play QB in a pinch(Tom Tupa anyone?).

You know how the Parcells guys love players that can play multiple roles and 4 of those guys with the exception to Coles can do just that.If Newhouse can...

A:catch the ball in game situations and NOT be a Chas Gessner and

B;also contribute on ST's he has a great shot at making this squad

SFJ - JMac doesn't merely have to make the team. He has to make the team AND justify his salary. Not so much for this year, since we're under the cap & hardly seeking a $40M FA between now & September. But cutting him now spreads his cap hit over two years - this year & next; cutting him next year either doubles the '07 hit or spreads it through '08.

I think there's a decent chance of him getting cut. Work ethic & such may only be part of it. Remember Mangini game-planned against JMac for 4 games & may have been unimpressed before the PUP thing ever took place.

Please...don't be an idiot all the time

You sometime bring valuable info to the board...but your agendas really get old

Everyone knows JMac is on the hot seat & it's hardly an agenda. Fat-zero wrote an entire article about it just today. Why don't you post something non-idiotic then, like how we should feed the ball to the warrior 200-300x again this year & always start/keep guys that Herm favored.

Then it HAS to be true!

Actually, I don't find myself in agreement with him very much at all. So that is precisely the point. If I had an "agenda" about a player or coach, it would be the exact opposite of Canna-zero's.

My only true agenda is that I want to see the Jets win a superbowl.

Where does he fit?

Coles

McCareins

Cotch

Smith

Dwight

Are we reallly going to carry 6 WR's?

Doubt it

This is not a bad point Jonny, but for my money, T Dwight is extremely expendable. I mean, if this other guy is kicking ass in camp, why the hell keep dwight around? The guy bounces around more than my checks.

Archived