Well, at least we know they're still looking at DT's.....

NIGHT STALKER

There is no doubt in my mind we will have a DT signed by opening day. Whether by trade or someone being cut........

Jets| Team met with Buckner

Thu, 24 Aug 2006 05:42:45 -0700

Julian Garcia, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets met with free agent DT Brentson Buckner (Panthers) earlier this week.

There is no doubt in my mind we will have a DT signed by opening day. Whether by trade or someone being cut........

Jets| Team met with Buckner

Thu, 24 Aug 2006 05:42:45 -0700

Julian Garcia, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets met with free agent DT Brentson Buckner (Panthers) earlier this week.

Ugh, the Jets are scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Makes you wonder why Tanenbomb picked the likes of Anthony Schlegel and Brad Smith over Gabe Watson in the draft.

Makes you wonder why Tanenbomb picked the likes of Anthony Schlegel and Brad Smith over Gabe Watson in the draft.

I know.

Combine that with the fact that they elected not to select a fat running back or a noodle-armed, overpaid QB and I think they should be fired immediately.

I know.

Combine that with the fact that they elected not to select a fat running back or a noodle-armed, overpaid QB and I think they should be fired immediately.

Gabe Watson must have come off as a real fat lazy sob to most coaching staffs, I can understand why we passed on him.

The draft is long gone my friend, why do you still harp on it?

The Jets must focus on their strengths and weknesses as they stand right now. Coulda, shoulda, woulda; it's moot! We'll see how Watson turns out, but regardless, we did not draft him; get over it!

Buckner was one of the Panthers involved in the Panther steroid scandal. He was caught in 2002 before the scandal broke and was suspended for four NFL games for violating the steroid policy. He's got bad knees which is why the Panthers cut him. Sounds like Chester MGlockton as a Jet. NT problem was known before free agency started. It's too late now.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Spins/2002/spin110502.htm

Brad Smith is a PLAYER !!!!

The Jets did not need another safety nearly as badly as they needed a Defensive Tackle. Whether we play 3-4 or 4-3, the Jets have very little depth at DT. If you expect Dewayne Robertson to play an entire season at NT and not get injured then that is an extremely optimistic outlook.

There were a number of promising young DT's the Jets passed on in the draft. Ngata, Bunkley, Dvoracek, Watson etc. I'd feel a lot better about the upcoming season if we had drafted one of those guys. DT is a very undervalued position.

Archived