Flawed Patriots defense will likely sink to Earth

SoFlaJets

touchy fans comments at the end-this from Football365

By Connor J. Byrne on September 5, 2006 01:09 AM

Key additions: LB Junior Seau (free agency).

Key losses: LB Chad Brown (released); LB Matt Chatham (signed with Jets); LB Monty Beisel (released); LB Willie McGinest (signed with Browns); CB Eric Warfield (released); CB Tyrone Poole (released).

Biggest strength: Coaching. New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick is one of the best defensive minds the NFL has ever seen. He has the ability to turn marginal defenders into great ones, thanks in large part to the fact that he designs various schemes and packages to suit their needs. It's why now departed Patriots like Matt Chatham and Dan Klecko were both successful during their different tenures with the Pats.

Accompanying Belichick is a top-notch defensive staff, headed by coordinator Dean Pees, line coach Pepper Johnson, linebackers coach Matt Patricia and secondary general Joel Collier.

The unit's best player: Richard Seymour. The 6-foot-6, 310-pound lineman has spent recent times dealing with different injuries, but he's dominant when healthy. The 26-year-old possesses the rare ability to shift between tackle, end and linebacker spots without even batting an eyelash. In his five-year career, the 2001 first-round pick out of Georgia has racked up 25

Why do you continue to post things about the Pats?

Especially garbage like this.

Then Pats fans make you look like a fool and you go running and crying to Max.

Give it a break already.

LOL you of all people have got to be kidding right?

The article is not far off as NE's defensive problems led to a losing record aginst above .500 teams or offenses with a pulse last season.

Lighten up TX.

Final outlook: The New England Patriots ' defense has always been largely responsible for the team's recent runs to glory, but the unit will take some steps back this year. The loss of McGinest, although seemingly unpreventable, will prove crippling. Frankly, only the line - with Seymour, Wilfork and Ty Warren - truly stands out on the defense. Neither the linebacking corps nor the secondary are even top 10-caliber.

We go through this every year with "the attrition will take it's toll on the Pats" but until it actually happens, the prognosticators can all p*ss up a rope.

Why do you continue to post things about the Pats?

Whether it is blind luck or brilliance, Sean at the board that cannot be mentioned, discovered something. Invite Patriots fans to create a non-ending circle of posting..thus driving up board traffic.

Jet Fan and their natural morbid curosity are going to post something about the Patriots. I mean really. How low did you have to dig for this Byrne guy?

Patriot fan is going to reply.

Jet fan then cries, why are you here?

Patriot fan replies, why do you post stuff about the Patriots?

Jet fan then cries again, why are you here?

Patriot fan replies, we were invited.

Jet fan then implies if they were running the message board that they would not allow Patriots' fans here.

Patriots fan replies, stop whining.

Jet fan replies, really what do you bring.

Patriots fan tired of the BS, replies, what do you bring.

Board Moderator, when they are not working on Vbookie, tells both sides to STFU. Doing it diplomatically and locks the thread.

One topic, 11 posts. None having to do with the subject at hand. The amount of replies go up exponentially as more Jets and Patriots fans get into it.

Someone help me out here. Are the Pats fans whining that an article that was anti-pats posted here?

Just curious.

I don't see any whining, I see one fan questioning some of the writers points and one poster calling a certain florida poster out for being a hypocrite. I think that about sums it up though.

I don't see any whining, I see one fan questioning some of the writers points and one poster calling a certain florida poster out for being a hypocrite. I think that about sums it up though.

Well that is not what happened. But more importantly these Florida jokes and fighting back and forth do need to stop.

Let's just talk football. Specifically how the Pats won't be able to stop a Top 10 offense with that defense of theirs.

Well that is not what happened. But more importantly these Florida jokes and fighting back and forth do need to stop.

Let's just talk football. Specifically how the Pats won't be able to stop a Top 10 offense with that defense of theirs.

it's OK really Max I just ignore butt boy anyway-oh yea tell them how many PM's I have written to you "whining" about them....thank you...ZERO

Well, that is going to take some real doing Max. As for our defense, I think you saw what the Patriots D did to the likes of the vaunted Arizona and Washington offenses. ;)

it's OK really Max I just ignore butt boy anyway-oh yea tell them how many PM's I have written to you "whining" about them....thank you...ZERO

We know, you didn't PM Max, you have your little desperate housewives PM club that you use for venting. Good for you.

Clever ploy moderator boy. Another clever ruse to drive up site traffic. ;-)

We know, you didn't PM Max, you have your little desperate housewives PM club that you use for venting. Good for you.

I don't like you very much-I mean in a personal way-you're the kind of person I would never want to have for a friend-and it goes past you being a Pats fan and me being a Jets fan-

my best friend down here Rich is from Lynn, Mass-a big NE fan-and we love each other like brothers.I can take some of the stuff Tex says to me but he never makes it personal-you on the other hand are an assshole-Let's make a pact I won't respond to you and you do the same with me-for the board ya know?

no response necessary

I don't like you very much-I mean in a personal way-you're the kind of person I would never want to have for a friend-and it goes past you being a Pats fan and me being a Jets fan-

my best friend down here Rich is from Lynn, Mass-a big NE fan-and we love each other like brothers.I can take some of the stuff Tex says to me but he never makes it personal-you on the other hand are an assshole-Let's make a pact I won't respond to you and you do the same with me-for the board ya know?

no response necessary

Well, you're definately in the minority then. I'll gladly agree to avoid eachother but that means every time I make a comment about the Jets, your lips or fingers are sealed. Quote frankly I don't think you can avoid that.

no response necessary

Ask your friend if he remembers this:

"Lynn, Lynn the City of Sin - you never come out the way you went in."

Ask your friend if he remembers this:

"Lynn, Lynn the City of Sin - you never come out the way you went in."

Yea I remember it well-he has some funny stories about his days up there-one about Nancy Kerrigan's cousin outside of a party....LOL

You can make that decision based on an anonymous internet message board?:eek:

What criteria do you use in real life to select your friends?

Explain to me then how you're a friend of Savage then? You've posted that a couple of times on this board. This is a guy you've never met...maybe you and SoFlaJets use the same manual for picking who you want as "friends".

Practice what you preach hot shot.

Explain to me then how you're a friend of Savage then? You've posted that a couple of times on this board. This is a guy you've never met...maybe you and SoFlaJets use the same manual for picking who you want as "friends".

Practice what you preach hot shot.

I've made a ton of so called "friends" on both JI and JN.

What I would never do/say is make a determination "who would NOT be my friend" based on exchanges on a message board.

99 times out of 100, disagreements/bad feelings come from differing opinions on message boards.

Hell, for all I know, you and your Florida colleagues would be a great bunch of guys to sit around and drink a beer with.

Hell, I consider Max a friend of mine but he could turn out to be a real A-Hole in real life.

My point is, there is friendship and there is internet friendship.

Both are mutually exclusive of each other.;)

What I would never do/say is make a determination "who would NOT be my friend" based on exchanges on a message board.

99 times out of 100, disagreements/bad feelings come from differing opinions on message boards.

Hell, for all I know, you and your Florida colleagues would be a great bunch of guys to sit around and drink a beer with.

Hell, I consider Max a friend of mine but he could turn out to be a real A-Hole in real life.

Not really

I'd hate you in person too

Guaranteed

Why don't you fly up for the Jets/Pats game...I'm a scotch guy msyelf.;)

Archived