What do the Jets gameplan for against Tennessee?

nj meadowlands

This is kind of going along with a previous thread that Max started about the titans gameplanning against us.

If you're the Jets, what do you focus on in practice this week? Are you buying that vince young will ABSOLUTELY NOT be starting the game? If this is the case that saves the Jets the grief of implementing packages for a mobile quarterback, something that can drive a defense crazy.

Offensively, the Titans don't have a lot of weapons. I don't think anyone here or in Hempstead is particularly fearful of either Collins or Billy volek, or even Drew Bennett for that matter. In terms of the running game, Travis Henry, Chris Brown and LenDale White are similar runners, and Mangini and the Jets have seen Henry plenty of times to know how to game for him.

In terms of the Titans D I think it's a little more tricky. It's ALWAYS important to exploit your opponents' weakness. However, at this stage I think it's more important for the Jets to focus on themselves, and getting their basic offensive personnel and packages straight. Once we get things organized and gain a little chemistry, we'll be more able to gameplan for an opposing defense and exploit their weaknesses with our strengths. Problem is, we don't know what our strengths are yet, or if we have any. :P

hide the vodka from Kerry Collins' gatorade

keep the ants out of Vince Youngs pants

free hot dogs and tiny electric fans to all fans sitting directly behind Lendale White's spot on the bench

record sportcenter highlights of a man with a shredded shoulder that everyone said was done and over with tearing up the worst secondary in the NFL

ps- extra crack for Kevan Barlow at halftime

They would be nuts to start Vince Young. The guy is not nearly as fast as people think, more like Culpepper's speed and he is a pisspoor QB mechanically and mentally. Even as bad as our D is, we will kill that kid. Personally i think Volek gives them the best chance but he must have crapped in someone's cornflakes down there.

Put constant pressure on Kerry Collins.

The Titans will be trying hard to establish the run. I read somewhere that they may run on the Jets in upwards of 40 times. So, that's their offensive gameplan. It's up to the Jets to shut down the run. If they do that and keep Collins off-balance, they have a great chance.

The Titans will be trying hard to establish the run. I read somewhere that they may run on the Jets in upwards of 40 times. So, that's their offensive gameplan. It's up to the Jets to shut down the run. If they do that and keep Collins off-balance, they have a great chance.

I agree, not only do we need to pressure Collins in terms of a pass rush, we need to put the pressure ON him by eliminating the run game

The Jets pass rush is in Atlanta. The loser of this game becomes the favorite for the first pick in next years college draft.

The Jets pass rush is in Atlanta. The loser of this game becomes the favorite for the first pick in next years college draft.

I'm not sure you understand how a 3-4 defense works. Hell, your hero doesn't understand how a 4-3 defense works, so I wouldn't expect you to understand a concept as bat**** crazy as the 3-4.

Pressure comes in the form of blitzing LBs. If a 3-4 end gets you 5 sacks in a season, you take that and run with it.

I'm not sure you understand how a 3-4 defense works. Hell, your hero doesn't understand how a 4-3 defense works, so I wouldn't expect you to understand a concept as bat**** crazy as the 3-4.

Pressure comes in the form of blitzing LBs. If a 3-4 end gets you 5 sacks in a season, you take that and run with it.

Troll- talking to walls is not worth it.

I think Ellis will end up with 7 or 8 sacks this year, and Bryan Thomas will contribute about 10 in a career year. :)

Stopping the run.

Kerry Collins will start this game for Tennessee. I'll take my chances that the secondary (our strongest starting unit) can handle David Givens & Drew Bennett. If the front 7 can stop Brown & White then we will win this game. Getting to Collins is another priority...but that will come with front 7 focusing on the rushing game.

I'm sure the game plan is to score more points then the Titans..Vince will not start, he is a one read QB and then run.Especially since you know the Jets coverages will be confusing for young Vince..Collins or Volek..I like our chances..Special teams will make at least one big play this week to help in the victory.

Archived