"Misery of the Jets" Slideshow

SteveNap

I put a little something together for all of us. Although depressing, it can help us put it all in the past and move on to the new Mangini era. I had some trouble with youtube so excuse the quality, I'll figure out the problem and put it up there cause photbucket isnt as good. Enjoy!

http://s45.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/stevenap/miseryofthenyjets.flv

That shot of lageman made me spit my diet coke

Not cool man....lol

Who was the guy before brady, with the blue jersey on? Mitchell?

LMAO yes, the one and only johnnie mitchell. I couldnt find a pic of him as a Jet. Thats a bootleg Jaguars photo I believe.

Yep. Parcells let his ego get the better of him in that deal.

I never said this, because I don't want to come across as a JI dickbag, but a friend of mine was(is?) the mechanic on Neil O'Donnells car(s). Neil's a good guy. Believe me, my friend does not watch football, so he has no bias. He's had many a conversation with Neil and has told me them all (because he knows I'm a Jets fan).

That shot of lageman made me spit my diet coke

Not cool man....lol

Who was the guy before brady, with the blue jersey on? Mitchell?

Know what's funny-saw #56, and thought instead it was Bob Crabble, a promising 1st round ND LB who's career was cut short by injury, like his temmate, Lance Mehl. Thet jets defense under Walt Michaels was simply great, but since it never got into the Super Bowl(AJ Duhe and Gastineau) nobody has a clue.

Know what's funny-saw #56, and thought instead it was Bob Crabble, a promising 1st round ND LB who's career was cut short by injury, like his temmate, Lance Mehl. Thet jets defense under Walt Michaels was simply great, but since it never got into the Super Bowl(AJ Duhe and Gastineau) nobody has a clue.

What's the legend...? That Walt Michaels was convinced that he was being sabataged and prank phone called by Shula or Al Davis... I dunno, I remember reading about it in NOSE TO NOSE by Klecko and Fields.

And then on the flight back from Miami, Walt got bombed on whiskey and Joe Walton stabbed him in the back by reporting it to Leon. Something like that.:bag:

...but a friend of mine was(is?) the mechanic on Neil O'Donnells car(s). Neil's a good guy. Believe me, my friend does not watch football, so he has no bias. He's had many a conversation with Neil and has told me them all (because he knows I'm a Jets fan).

I'm sure he's a great guy, and nothing personal against him. Still, a debacle by any other name...and there are plenty of other names. Hehehe.

I never said this, because I don't want to come across as a JI dickbag, but a friend of mine was(is?) the mechanic on Neil O'Donnells car(s). Neil's a good guy. Believe me, my friend does not watch football, so he has no bias. He's had many a conversation with Neil and has told me them all (because he knows I'm a Jets fan).

my cousins went to highschool with O'Donnell...they said he was a dewbag in school...

What's the legend...? That Walt Michaels was convinced that he was being sabataged and prank phone called by Shula or Al Davis... I dunno, I remember reading about it in NOSE TO NOSE by Klecko and Fields.

And then on the flight back from Miami, Walt got bombed on whiskey and Joe Walton stabbed him in the back by reporting it to Leon. Something like that.:bag:

One of the stories was that prior to the Miami game, Michaels came into the locker room and dumped about $40 grand (which I think was the winners share then) on to the table as a motivational tool. For some reason, he took a lot of flack for that, probably because it was a stain on the integrity or sporting aspect of the game. I think it was pretty cool, because money is a great motivator.

Wow......

I was all about to come back and say "not that bad", especially after seeing the "Joe Loves Suzy" picture, but really the West Side Stadium was the hardest to take.

Time to start again. Tomorrow is another day (or the day after).

Lets GO JETS!

BZ

I suppose any photo of the Jets from 1970-present would fit this little montage.

Longer than some fans have been alive. Fancy that. :bag::) Yes, the bag and the smile do indeed go together. A fashion statement, though far more pleasing on the eyes than those godforsaken green pants the Jets have been sporting the last couple of years. I hope to hell we don't see those again during the course of the regular season. Otherwise, I'll have to stage an on-field revolt.

spongejets6zf.jpg

Holy Cr*p, look at that. Then again, don't. Your retinas may go up in flames.

During the 82 Playoff game with the Raiders someone bartender claiming I guess to be Leon Hess called down to the Jets lockeroom at halftime yelling at Michaels. Michaels though it was Al Davis playing mind games with him.

Shula and Michaels did not get along very well either. The Mud Bowl pretty much cemented his hatred for Shula for all of eternity after that.

Archived