MLB Awards

Green Jets & Ham

If Girardi is such a great manager, can someone explain this Sun-Sentinel article saying that there is a ZERO chance Girardi returns next season?

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wiretap_archives/3699/20060922/source_girardi_wont_return_to_florida/

Marlins' Girardi not coming back, source says

By Mike Berardino

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Posted September 22 2006

Joe Girardi, who guided the surprising Marlins into playoff contention dfespite baseball's lowest payroll, will soon be out as manager after just one season.

On a scale of 1 to 10, Girardi's chances of returning next year are "zero," according to a source who has spoken with the Marlins' front office.

"I don't think there is any chance," the source said.

With two years left on his contract, Girardi would be owed an estimated $1.5 million if no other club picks him up. The Cubs, expected to part ways with Dusty Baker, have been mentioned as a possible destination.

The Marlins are already compiling information about Girardi's successor, with a trio of third-base coaches likely to receive interviews: Fredi Gonzalez (Braves), Joey Cora (White Sox) and Manny Acta (Mets).

All three have Latin roots and speak fluent Spanish, which would be considered a significant upgrade from the current English-only staff. Gonzalez, who spent a decade with the Marlins as a minor league manager and major league coach, was the runner-up to Girardi after interviewing last fall.

Other possible candidates to replace Girardi include Triple-A Albuquerque manager Dean Treanor, Japanese League manager Trey Hillman, Braves special assistant Jim Fregosi, Cardinals third base coach Jose Oquendo, Mets bench coach Jerry Manuel and Marlins broadcaster Cookie Rojas, although Rojas is more likely to fill a coaching role.

The last straw for Girardi, 41, apparently was his ill-fated decision to bring back prized right-hander Josh Johnson after an 82-minute rain delay at Dolphin Stadium on Sept. 12.

"Not one of the smarter moves of the year," said the source, adding the Marlins' decision makers were "shocked" Johnson returned to the mound that night.

With the Marlins still clinging to wild-card hopes, Johnson tried to stay loose by playing catch with Dontrelle Willis in an indoor batting cage. That Johnson left four innings later with cramping in his forearm and was subsequently shut down for the year with a strained ligament did not help Girardi's case.

Sunday's 10th-inning meltdown in Atlanta was another strike against Girardi, who had never managed at any level before this season. Marlins management was disappointed Girardi inserted little-used center fielder Reggie Abercrombie as a defensive replacement instead of the more polished Eric Reed.

Two Abercrombie misplays opened the door for the Braves to rally from a four-run deficit to hand the Marlins a crushing 8-7 defeat that essentially ended their playoff chances.

Nor has it helped that Girardi's tense relations with Marlins management have not improved. The rookie manager and General Manager Larry Beinfest "barely speak" and have "no relationship at all," the source said.

Although Beinfest recently said Girardi and his staff deserved "a lot of credit" for the team's turnaround, he stopped short of an outright endorsement. Unlike most GMs, Beinfest is rarely seen in the manager's office anymore.

Marlins President David Samson appeared this week on ESPN and said the team would evaluate Girardi at the end of the season, but the source said that process already has been completed.

There also has been talk of frosty relations between Girardi and first base coach Perry Hill, a holdover from former manager Jack McKeon's staff and a longtime favorite of Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria. Hill left the Marlins this week for the fourth time this season because of a family medical problem.

At odds with Loria and the rest of the front office almost from the time he was hired last October, Girardi was nearly fired on Aug. 6 after a home loss to the Dodgers. That was the steamy afternoon when Girardi and bench coach Gary Tuck yelled at Loria to stop criticizing umpire Larry Vanover from his field-level seat, witnesses said.

According to reports, Girardi later apologized to Loria in front of the team, but the manager and owner have been unable to bridge the gulf between them.

"His introverted behavior and lack of people skills have caused most of the problems," the source said of Girardi, who spent one season as Yankees bench coach after a 15-year playing career. "Both sides are at fault."

Sources also told the Sun-Sentinel in the past month that Girardi and the front office have clashed over numerous personnel decisions, including where to play Miguel Cabrera, Dan Uggla and Josh Willingham and whether to use Johnson and Ricky Nolasco as starters or relievers.

Nonetheless, Girardi is widely considered a strong candidate for National League Manager of the Year after guiding a team with 22 rookies and a $15 million payroll into playoff contention. Not since Davey Johnson bolted the Orioles after 1997 has a newly named Manager of the Year failed to return the following year.

It's happened only one other time since the award was instituted 23 years ago. Bobby Cox, named the American League's top manager in 1985, left the Blue Jays to return to the Braves as general manager.

Loria is said to have a good relationship with Fregosi, 64, who hasn't managed since the Blue Jays fired him after the 2000 season.

Hillman, 43, has spent the past four seasons with the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters, who were leading the Pacific League. He previously worked in the Yankees and Rangers organizations.

Lou Piniella, who left the Devil Rays a year ago, might prove too costly, especially with the Cubs and possibly the Phillies expected to pursue his services.

Mike Berardino can be reached at mberardino@sun-sentinel.com.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Girardi is such a great manager, can someone explain this Sun-Sentinel article saying that there is a ZERO chance Girardi returns next season?

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wiretap_archives/3699/20060922/source_girardi_wont_return_to_florida/

Marlins' Girardi not coming back, source says

By Mike Berardino

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Posted September 22 2006

Joe Girardi, who guided the surprising Marlins into playoff contention dfespite baseball's lowest payroll, will soon be out as manager after just one season.

On a scale of 1 to 10, Girardi's chances of returning next year are "zero," according to a source who has spoken with the Marlins' front office.

"I don't think there is any chance," the source said.

With two years left on his contract, Girardi would be owed an estimated $1.5 million if no other club picks him up. The Cubs, expected to part ways with Dusty Baker, have been mentioned as a possible destination.

The Marlins are already compiling information about Girardi's successor, with a trio of third-base coaches likely to receive interviews: Fredi Gonzalez (Braves), Joey Cora (White Sox) and Manny Acta (Mets).

All three have Latin roots and speak fluent Spanish, which would be considered a significant upgrade from the current English-only staff. Gonzalez, who spent a decade with the Marlins as a minor league manager and major league coach, was the runner-up to Girardi after interviewing last fall.

Other possible candidates to replace Girardi include Triple-A Albuquerque manager Dean Treanor, Japanese League manager Trey Hillman, Braves special assistant Jim Fregosi, Cardinals third base coach Jose Oquendo, Mets bench coach Jerry Manuel and Marlins broadcaster Cookie Rojas, although Rojas is more likely to fill a coaching role.

The last straw for Girardi, 41, apparently was his ill-fated decision to bring back prized right-hander Josh Johnson after an 82-minute rain delay at Dolphin Stadium on Sept. 12.

"Not one of the smarter moves of the year," said the source, adding the Marlins' decision makers were "shocked" Johnson returned to the mound that night.

With the Marlins still clinging to wild-card hopes, Johnson tried to stay loose by playing catch with Dontrelle Willis in an indoor batting cage. That Johnson left four innings later with cramping in his forearm and was subsequently shut down for the year with a strained ligament did not help Girardi's case.

Sunday's 10th-inning meltdown in Atlanta was another strike against Girardi, who had never managed at any level before this season. Marlins management was disappointed Girardi inserted little-used center fielder Reggie Abercrombie as a defensive replacement instead of the more polished Eric Reed.

Two Abercrombie misplays opened the door for the Braves to rally from a four-run deficit to hand the Marlins a crushing 8-7 defeat that essentially ended their playoff chances.

Nor has it helped that Girardi's tense relations with Marlins management have not improved. The rookie manager and General Manager Larry Beinfest "barely speak" and have "no relationship at all," the source said.

Although Beinfest recently said Girardi and his staff deserved "a lot of credit" for the team's turnaround, he stopped short of an outright endorsement. Unlike most GMs, Beinfest is rarely seen in the manager's office anymore.

Marlins President David Samson appeared this week on ESPN and said the team would evaluate Girardi at the end of the season, but the source said that process already has been completed.

There also has been talk of frosty relations between Girardi and first base coach Perry Hill, a holdover from former manager Jack McKeon's staff and a longtime favorite of Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria. Hill left the Marlins this week for the fourth time this season because of a family medical problem.

At odds with Loria and the rest of the front office almost from the time he was hired last October, Girardi was nearly fired on Aug. 6 after a home loss to the Dodgers. That was the steamy afternoon when Girardi and bench coach Gary Tuck yelled at Loria to stop criticizing umpire Larry Vanover from his field-level seat, witnesses said.

According to reports, Girardi later apologized to Loria in front of the team, but the manager and owner have been unable to bridge the gulf between them.

"His introverted behavior and lack of people skills have caused most of the problems," the source said of Girardi, who spent one season as Yankees bench coach after a 15-year playing career. "Both sides are at fault."

Sources also told the Sun-Sentinel in the past month that Girardi and the front office have clashed over numerous personnel decisions, including where to play Miguel Cabrera, Dan Uggla and Josh Willingham and whether to use Johnson and Ricky Nolasco as starters or relievers.

Nonetheless, Girardi is widely considered a strong candidate for National League Manager of the Year after guiding a team with 22 rookies and a $15 million payroll into playoff contention. Not since Davey Johnson bolted the Orioles after 1997 has a newly named Manager of the Year failed to return the following year.

It's happened only one other time since the award was instituted 23 years ago. Bobby Cox, named the American League's top manager in 1985, left the Blue Jays to return to the Braves as general manager.

Loria is said to have a good relationship with Fregosi, 64, who hasn't managed since the Blue Jays fired him after the 2000 season.

Hillman, 43, has spent the past four seasons with the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters, who were leading the Pacific League. He previously worked in the Yankees and Rangers organizations.

Lou Piniella, who left the Devil Rays a year ago, might prove too costly, especially with the Cubs and possibly the Phillies expected to pursue his services.

Mike Berardino can be reached at mberardino@sun-sentinel.com.

Loria is a prick. plain and simple. I lived down in south florida when the fish won in 03. He is no different than Huizenga. More concerned about making money than winning. Loria got pissed off because Girardi basically told him to shut it when he was constantly heckling an umpire during a game. It's not the first time a manager and an owner haven't seen eye to eye, and this has nothing to do with a his ability to manage a ballclub.

Loria is a prick. plain and simple. I lived down in south florida when the fish won in 03. He is no different than Huizenga. More concerned about making money than winning. Loria got pissed off because Girardi basically told him to shut it when he was constantly heckling an umpire during a game. It's not the first time a manager and an owner haven't seen eye to eye, and this has nothing to do with a his ability to manage a ballclub.

I don't care how much of a prick Loria is. If Girardi were to win Manager of the Year, exactly how would it be a good business decision to fire him?

Willie wins by default.

If Girardi is gone, it will have absolutely nothing to do with how well he managed his team this year. It will be due to the fact that Lauria is an ego maniac and one of his employees told him to shut up with the whole world watching. One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

I don't care how much of a prick Loria is. If Girardi were to win Manager of the Year, exactly how would it be a good business decision to fire him?

Willie wins by default.

Wow you are a HUGE homer. Girardi is 4 games out of a playoff spot with a 15 million dollar payroll. In the same division with the 130 Million dollar mets. He's CLEARLY the manager of the year in baseball not just the NL and Loria's stupidity dosn't change that.

Wow you are a HUGE homer. Girardi is 4 games out of a playoff spot with a 15 million dollar payroll. In the same division with the 130 Million dollar mets. He's CLEARLY the manager of the year in baseball not just the NL and Loria's stupidity dosn't change that.

$101,000,000*

$101,000,000*

It's $119.680,000 on hardball dollars but no matter what it is the marlins are spending AT LEAST 85 million less. Being in the playoff chase with a 15 million dollar payroll is amazing.

Shouldn't you not be posting here? The jets finished within 10 points of the pats.

It's $119.680,000 on hardball dollars but no matter what it is the marlins are spending AT LEAST 85 million less. Being in the playoff chase with a 15 million dollar payroll is amazing.

Shouldn't you not be posting here? The jets finished within 10 points of the pats.

ESPN.com says $100,901,XXX.

And you said you didn't care, and you're still wrong about the Jets D, and you're still an idiot troll.

ESPN.com says $100,901,XXX.

And you said you didn't care, and you're still wrong about the Jets D, and you're still an idiot troll.

I said i don't care weither you post or not which is true but you're still going back on what you said yet i'm the troll LOL.

Hardball Dollars is MUCH more accurate then ESPN. ESPN is from the start of the year BEFORE spring training. Typical bad information from you. Hardball Dollars takes into account what the teams ACCTUALLY pay not just adding up the players salary's.

I said i don't care weither you post or not which is true but you're still going back on what you said yet i'm the troll LOL.

Hardball Dollars is MUCH more accurate then ESPN. ESPN is from the start of the year BEFORE spring training. Typical bad information from you.

First of all, you know it was just something said while frustrated because of how bad the Jets were playing. If I meant it, I would have made a POST and made sure both parties agreed to it, just like I have done with sig bets in the past at TGG.

Second, I don't care what Hardball Dollars says, they're a no-name site and ESPN is the best known sports news service in the world, so I'd trust them first.

Third, I didn't know that players such as Shawn Green and Kelly Stinnett were on the Mets BEFORE spring training.

Fourth, please show me OTHER "bad" information that I have posted since it is oh-so typical.

Fifth, **** you.

Hardball Dollars is MUCH more accurate then ESPN. ESPN is from the start of the year BEFORE spring training. Typical bad information from you. Hardball Dollars takes into account what the teams ACCTUALLY pay not just adding up the players salary's.

If you are equating dollars to wins, and by stating the Marlins miraculous ability to stay within 14 games, while being 85 million of of payroll (your numbers), I can only assume at the truly remarkable ability you must see of the Mets of having nearly an equal record by being 65 million or so (again, you numbers) off of the Yankees payroll.

That is a fine compliment you are paying the Mets.

First of all, you know it was just something said while frustrated because of how bad the Jets were playing. If I meant it, I would have made a POST and made sure both parties agreed to it, just like I have done with sig bets in the past at TGG.

Second, I don't care what Hardball Dollars says, they're a no-name site and ESPN is the best known sports news service in the world, so I'd trust them first.

Third, I didn't know that players such as Shawn Green and Kelly Stinnett were on the Mets BEFORE spring training.

Fourth, please show me OTHER "bad" information that I have posted since it is oh-so typical.

Fifth, **** you.

If you think Hardball Dollars is a no name website then you maybe you just don't know the difference between good information and bad...

If you think Hardball Dollars is a no name website then you maybe you just don't know the difference between good information and bad...

Yes, I'd say it is a no-name website considering it's layout that a 5 year old could have made. Great job arguing my other points, prick.

If you are equating dollars to wins, and by stating the Marlins miraculous ability to stay within 14 games, while being 85 million of of payroll (your numbers), I can only assume at the truly remarkable ability you must see of the Mets of having nearly an equal record by being 65 million or so (again, you numbers) off of the Yankees payroll.

That is a fine compliment you are paying the Mets.

When have i bashed the mets? The mets have done a great job this year (in an awful league) but a great job non the less and i've never said anything other then that however there is a BIG difference between a team with a 120 million dollar payroll trying to compete with a team with a 190 million dollar payroll then the marlins with BY FAR the smallest payroll in baseball being within 4 games of a playoff spot. I only mentioned the mets payroll in passing. this is about the MARLINS being in contention with a 15 million dollar payroll which is a great job by that orgnization and their manager who should win the manager of the year award.

When have i bashed the mets? The mets have done a great job this year (in an awful league) but a great job non the less and i've never said anything other then that however there is a BIG difference between a team with a 120 million dollar payroll trying to compete with a team with a 190 million dollar payroll then the marlins with BY FAR the smallest payroll in baseball being within 4 games of a playoff spot. I only mentioned the mets payroll in passing. this is about the MARLINS being in contention with a 15 million dollar payroll with is a great job by that orgnization and their manager who should win the manager of the year award.

Wait wait wait...

ESPN says Mets are 109

ESPN says Yanks are 198

HBD says Mets are 120

HBD says Yanks are 237

Where are you getting 190 from? Find another site that sways your favor?

When have i bashed the mets? The mets have done a great job this year (in an awful league) but a great job non the less and i've never said anything other then that however there is a BIG difference between a team with a 120 million dollar payroll trying to compete with a team with a 190 million dollar payroll then the marlins with BY FAR the smallest payroll in baseball being within 4 games of a playoff spot. I only mentioned the mets payroll in passing. this is about the MARLINS being in contention with a 15 million dollar payroll which is a great job by that orgnization and their manager who should win the manager of the year award.

You say that in teh same paragraph as saying "awful league"

if you truly believe it to be an "awful league", where is the accomplishment of finsihing with in 4 games of a mediocre wild card.

You are talking both sided of teh mouth.

You say that in teh same paragraph as saying "awful league"

if you truly believe it to be an "awful league", where is the accomplishment of finsihing with in 4 games of a mediocre wild card.

You are talking both sided of teh mouth.

Well some manager in the NL has to win the manager of the year award... And i'll take the guy with the 15 million dollar payroll team thats in playoff contention vs the guy with a 111 million dollar payroll. there is a reason that torre never wins manager of the year and i have no problem with that either.

Yankees AAV total 191.

Mets AAV 111.

Same difference.

This is completely meaningless anyway because the Mets don't complete with the yankees for a playoff spot.

You're just an idiot who quotes wrong numbers because you're an idiot.

First, HBD is way more accurate than ESPN because HBD says the Mets with Benefits and Tax is 119+, while ESPN is jusy saying 109+ for basic payroll.

But then, you go to take the Yankees payroll from HBD and quote the AAV (not the Benfits and Tax) in an attempt to cover the fact that a team with nearly double the payroll (with Benefits and Tax, and a good 80% of AAV) has just as many wins.

If ESPN is SO inaccurate and wrong, how come they are just $2M+ different from HBD AAV?

It's more of YOUR typical bull****-spewing. You talk about ME spreading lies with bad information, in fact, you say MONTHS of it.

I think you have confused ME with YOU.

You're an idiot, a hypocrite, and a homer. Good job, you embarass the Yankees fans and this entire site with your idiocy.

Well some manager in the NL has to win the manager of the year award... And i'll take the guy with the 15 million dollar payroll team thats in playoff contention vs the guy with a 111 million dollar payroll. there is a reason that torre never wins manager of the year and i have no problem with that either.

All I am sayin is if you are going to say the league is "awful", in an attempt to diminish the Mets' accomplishments, please don't tell us how the mighty Marlins were miraculous in coming within 4 games of a diluted wild card.

Your points don't match.

You're just an idiot who quotes wrong numbers because you're an idiot.

First, HBD is way more accurate than ESPN because HBD says the Mets with Benefits and Tax is 119+, while ESPN is jusy saying 109+ for basic payroll.

But then, you go to take the Yankees payroll from HBD and quote the AAV (not the Benfits and Tax) in an attempt to cover the fact that a team with nearly double the payroll (with Benefits and Tax, and a good 80% of AAV) has just as many wins.

If ESPN is SO inaccurate and wrong, how come they are just $2M+ different from HBD AAV?

It's more of YOUR typical bull****-spewing. You talk about ME spreading lies with bad information, in fact, you say MONTHS of it.

I think you have confused ME with YOU.

You're an idiot, a hypocrite, and a homer. Good job, you embarass the Yankees fans and this entire site with your idiocy.

YOU MADE THIS YANKEES vs METS. WHO CARES if the mets are at 119, 130 or 111 the point i'm trying to make is about the MARLINS not the yankees or the mets. I love how you mets fans are so obcessed with the yankees that you have to bring them up in every argument about anything. I didn't look up the mets payroll exactly becuase i could care less what it is. I just know it's ALOT more then the marlins.

All I am sayin is if you are going to say the league is "awful", in an attempt to diminish the Mets' accomplishments, please don't tell us how the mighty Marlins were miraculous in coming within 4 games of a diluted wild card.

Your points don't match.

When did i say they were so mighty? Are you so much of a homer that you can't aknowlage how great a job girardi has done this year? EVERYONE picked the marlins to lose 110 games this year for christ sakes.

YOU MADE THIS YANKEES vs METS. WHO CARES if the mets are at 119, 130 or 111 the point i'm trying to make is about the MARLINS not the yankees or the mets. I love how you mets fans are so obcessed with the yankees that you have to bring them up in every argument about anything. I didn't look up the mets payroll exactly becuase i could care less what it is. I just know it's ALOT more then the marlins.

I didn't make it Yankees vs Mets, Dierking did, but you went ahead and spewed even more incorrect facts and numbers, just like you typically. I do agree that Girardi should probably be GM of the year, but at the same time, if I see a fool like you spewing lies, I'm not going to just sit there and watch it. And, I didn't bring up the Yankees first, did I? You should really go talk to nyjunc at TGG, because you're both a bunch of ****ing idiots who are obsessed with the Mets fans who apparantly obsess over the Yankees, despite the fact that almost all fans outside of your typical fan who doesn't watch every game couldn't give two ****ing ****s about the Yankees except when we play them. But as idiots like you and nyjunc continue to be idiotic pretentious asses, the more I begin to hate the entire Yankee fan base. **** you, you're a disgrace to baseball fans, Yankee fans, and more importantly, Jets fans.

When did i say they were so mighty? Are you so much of a homer that you can't aknowlage how great a job girardi has done this year? EVERYONE picked the marlins to lose 110 games this year for christ sakes.

You have to remember the babseball axiom of even bad teams will win 1 of 3 guaranteed,,

so the question is what the Marlins and Mets did with the remaining 66%,,

you have to give an automatic 54 wins to both, ,and go from there

I didn't make it Yankees vs Mets, Dierking did, but you went ahead and spewed even more incorrect facts and numbers, just like you typically. I do agree that Girardi should probably be GM of the year, but at the same time, if I see a fool like you spewing lies, I'm not going to just sit there and watch it. And, I didn't bring up the Yankees first, did I? You should really go talk to nyjunc at TGG, because you're both a bunch of ****ing idiots who are obsessed with the Mets fans who apparantly obsess over the Yankees, despite the fact that almost all fans outside of your typical fan who doesn't watch every game couldn't give two ****ing ****s about the Yankees except when we play them. But as idiots like you and nyjunc continue to be idiotic pretentious asses, the more I begin to hate the entire Yankee fan base. **** you, you're a disgrace to baseball fans, Yankee fans, and more importantly, Jets fans.

Girardi for GM of the year. Ok teriffic. All you want to do is fling around personal insults so i'm not gonna waste any more time with you. Good luck with that GM of the year vote though pal.

You have to remember the babseball axiom of even bad teams will win 1 of 3 guaranteed,,

so the question is what the Marlins and Mets did with the remaining 66%,,

you have to give an automatic 54 wins to both, ,and go from there

Having a team that EVERYONE thought would lose 110 games within 4 games of a playoff spot in a HORRIBLE market and with NO payroll is more impressive then running away with a bad division in a bad league...

Girardi for GM of the year. Ok teriffic. All you want to do is fling around personal insults so i'm not gonna waste any more time with you. Good luck with that GM of the year vote though pal.

Yeah, that's all I want to do. YOU started it by telling me I spread bad information because of sources that are not credible. You are a hypocrite, and so wrong in this thread that you are embarassed.

Girardi could have actually done better, if he did not make some bad early decisions. He didn't want Sanchez or Johnson to be parts of his rotation.

Johnson pushed his way on, and I can understand the Sanchez to a degree.

If he would have been less stubborn, as Luria wanted, he may be in the postseason right now. Girardi may actually be a reason why the marlins didn't make the post season.

If you want to call me a "homer" fine. But you still did not adress why Girardi has done such a great job hovering at .500 in what you call an "awful" league.

Where is the accomplishment of being .500 in an awful league?

Yeah, that's all I want to do. YOU started it by telling me I spread bad information because of sources that are not credible. You are a hypocrite, and so wrong in this thread that you are embarassed.
So i said that Girardi should be the manger of the year then you counter by saying that you agree with me that he should be GM of the year and I'M the one who should be embarrised? You're the idiot who created an entire argument about NOTHING just for the sake of being an argumentitive ass. You don't even know what award you're arguing about LMAO.

So i said that Girardi should be the manger of the year then you counter by saying that you agree with me that he should be GM of the year and I'M the one who should be embarrised? You're the idiot who created an entire argument about NOTHING just for the sake of being an argumentitive ass. You don't even know what award you're arguing about LMAO.
It's called a typo, you idiot. You know full well what I meant. Again, YOU still haven't stood up for yourself where I pointed out your complete hypocrisy and skewing of facts.

Girardi could have actually done better, if he did not make some bad early decisions. He didn't want Sanchez or Johnson to be parts of his rotation.

Johnson pushed his way on, and I can understand the Sanchez to a degree.

If he would have been less stubborn, as Luria wanted, he may be in the postseason right now. Girardi may actually be a reason why the marlins didn't make the post season. Johnson was on the rotation VERY early in the season after having a great month in the minors.

If you want to call me a "homer" fine. But you still did not adress why Girardi has done such a great job hovering at .500 in what you call an "awful" league.

Where is the accomplishment of being .500 in an awful league?

I think their being late to go to Sanchez had to do with his mediocore minor league numbers. Not many people could've predicted how well he'd pitch in the majors.

The acomplishment is taking a team that was supposed to lose 110 games and losing around 30 games less then expected. thats pretty impressive in my book...

It's called a typo, you idiot. You know full well what I meant. Again, YOU still haven't stood up for yourself where I pointed out your complete hypocrisy and skewing of facts.

I said 120 you said 101 neither of us had the 100% right numbers and because I wasn't here to argue about the mets payroll a ballpark figure was fine. My point was that the MARLINS have a MUCH LOWER payroll then the mets and thats true no matter what number is right.

Archived