Tigers Magic Number: 1

Mavrik

Can't say I'm not a little bit excited to see them clinch their first playoff spot since 87 (when i was oh, 3 years old). But we're not out of the woods yet. I'm more concerned about taking the division. We're still a game and a half up on Minnesota, with two 3 game series against Toronto and KC. They've got Chicago coming up so hopefully the Sox will take 2 out of 3.

I know you Yanks fans take the playoffs for granted, but you probably don't understand how friggin excited I am right now.

Can't say I'm not a little bit excited to see them clinch their first playoff spot since 87 (when i was oh, 3 years old). But we're not out of the woods yet. I'm more concerned about taking the division. We're still a game and a half up on Minnesota, with two 3 game series against Toronto and KC. They've got Chicago coming up so hopefully the Sox will take 2 out of 3.

I know you Yanks fans take the playoffs for granted, but you probably don't understand how friggin excited I am right now.

I was 9 years old in 1978. I was much older in 1995 when the Yankees won the wild card in Mattingly's last year.

I was a die hard baseball fan from 1979 - 1994. I take nothing for granted so I know exactly what you feel.

Congratulations!

I rooted for the Yankees from 1966 on. There were lots of dry seasons until 1976, then again in teh 1980s until 1995. I know how it feels to be out of it early, and not have anything to look forward to. Except the daily George vs Winfield media battle.

Congrats on the playoffs. Now go wrap up the division.

It sounds corny and call me whatever you want, but I actually teared up a little watching the Tigers clinch a playoff spot the other night. My first reaction was 'come on guys, champagne, there's still a division to be won' but then I realized, who cares? Who am I or anyone else to say that? These guys deserve to be happy and they deserve their fun, they've f-ing earned it. Look at what these guys have done and the meaning for an entire city? Living in this area since 1990, I've never known up until these past few years just when actual 'hope' was there how much Detroit is really a baseball town. We've had the Wings & Pistons hot for a while yes, but after the 97 cup and the recent Pistons title. I think people would have traded the next 2 just for a shot to watch their Tigers be competitive again. Not a WS, just be competitive, make the postseason. Maybe because watching them lose had become so ingrained, but I don't think I've ever been this proud, happy and excited for one of my teams.

I want the division bad, but I still can't believe that on October 3rd, for the first time since I was in 8th grade, I'll be watching the Tigers play baseball.

What an effing feeling. I guess this is why no matter how much we bitch, we all come back for Jets football year after year. It's no different, given what we've all experienced since 1998 with NY. Yet here we are, all knowing that one day, our didication may be paid off.

It sounds corny and call me whatever you want, but I actually teared up a little watching the Tigers clinch a playoff spot the other night. My first reaction was 'come on guys, champagne, there's still a division to be won' but then I realized, who cares? Who am I or anyone else to say that? These guys deserve to be happy and they deserve their fun, they've f-ing earned it. Look at what these guys have done and the meaning for an entire city? Living in this area since 1990, I've never known up until these past few years just when actual 'hope' was there how much Detroit is really a baseball town. We've had the Wings & Pistons hot for a while yes, but after the 97 cup and the recent Pistons title. I think people would have traded the next 2 just for a shot to watch their Tigers be competitive again. Not a WS, just be competitive, make the postseason. Maybe because watching them lose had become so ingrained, but I don't think I've ever been this proud, happy and excited for one of my teams.

I want the division bad, but I still can't believe that on October 3rd, for the first time since I was in 8th grade, I'll be watching the Tigers play baseball.

What an effing feeling. I guess this is why no matter how much we bitch, we all come back for Jets football year after year. It's no different, given what we've all experienced since 1998 with NY. Yet here we are, all knowing that one day, our didication may be paid off.

Michigan's finest, crying over baseball. Oh brother. Don't feel bad -- Dick Vermeil's press conferences always used to get me.

Archived